Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

watching Hard Knocks makes you realise why the Raiders are a joke

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
In isolation that 1 episode makes you realise that?

Hard Knocks is basically just a bunch of vdos you can find any day on the net plus a bit of colour like the Abrams talking back to Grudens bit

Abram is interesting, with his ego gives off the 'will be star' vibe, while also making you think 'I wouldnt be suprised if he was out of the league and broke by Wednesday'.

Abram is interesting, with his ego gives off the 'will be star' vibe, while also making you think 'I wouldnt be suprised if he was out of the league and broke by Wednesday'.

Doesn't strike me as intelligent enough to be a star...who knows tho, maybe he has an IQ of 120 and I'm completely misinterpreting him. The likes of Jamal Adams, Earl Thomas and Derwin James can all speak coherent English without needing to be a faux tough guy.

Reckon he woulda been awesome in the 80's and 90's. When being able to strike fear into an opposing WR running a crossing route was a real thing and you didn't have to worry about being penalised so much.

Last edited:
I was in Vegas last week and went past the new stadium which is about half done. The new naming rights signs were going up.
It’ll sell out most weeks as almost every fan base will want to visit Vegas for a weekend.... hell I might even fly from Melb for a Bears game there.
Going by the way the city has taken the Golden Knights to their heart ( their logo is everywhere) the local support will be huge too.
Can see the place itself with its taboos luring more than a couple of players into the trouble of temptation though....

Last edited:

Raiders notebook: Charles Woodson returns to camp, analyzes the current roster

Impressions of rookie safety and ‘Hard Knocks’ star Johnathan Abram: “I just talked to him briefly a minute ago. I told him, ‘that edge you have, man, don’t lose it.’ There’s a lot of people with a lot of opinions of him right now. Don’t lose that edge. Because if you start doing what other people want you to do, then you can never be who you’re supposed to be.
“I like the confidence. But the end of the day it’s what he does out there between the lines. You’ve got to bring the game with the talk and the braggadocio, and I don’t have a problem with that. As long as you’re out there making plays, you can say whatever you want to say.”

Hard Knocks this week was much more involved than last week. They stayed away from spending too much time on Abram. Spent some time on the joint practices and the warm up game, as always, everyone is friendly and knows each other. for the game Maxx Crosby broke his wrist but kept on playing, Peterman and Glennon got to show off their wares and there was some focus on undrafted local boy, Keelan Doss. Didn't focus too much on the fights in camp with the Rams or Aaron Donald and there was no mention of Gabe Jackson's injury. Tiny bit about AB but we all know what's going on there, it does look like he'll be back in a day or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No sure they have electricity or whether any of them can read anyway.

Nobody except GG has probably posted in their thread since the last time they were relevant 6 or 7 years ago. Bandwagoners the lot of them.

We looked ok today but just a run thru really. Some good signs from receivers and the D did alright until the end.

Offense looked clean and crisp, whilst our 1st and 2nd string defense also looked the part. Hard to fault really.

Our offense is going to be very good. Top 10 scoring at worst I reckon.

Like the 8 in the box. Got the Joyner safety. Nice coaching. Not sure how good the opposition is tho.
Could see Williams being the most targeted if the D focuses on AB.

AB has been the top focus for defenses the last 6 years. It hasn't stopped him and it certainly won't now.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL decided to require testing of the Schutt AiR Advantage after previously informing the Raiders that, if receiver Antonio Brown could find one less than 10 years old, he could use it. The helmet failed the test.
Brown had found several Schutt AiR Advantage helmets that had been made within the last decade, including an AiR Advantage made in 2014 for film. NOCSAE certified one specific helmet, made in 2010, for use. But then the NFL told the Raiders that the helmet would have to be tested before it could be used.
Brown’s representatives recently sent the helmet for testing. Earlier today, Brown was informed that the helmet failed the test.
The Schutt AiR Advantage was not among 11 models that became prohibited this year. Brown wasn’t able to use the helmet he’s worn his entire NFL career because it’s more than 10 years old, and NOCSAE will not certify any helmet that is more than 10 years old.
To summarize: The NFL wins again.
That said, the source informed PFT that we haven’t heard the last of Brown on this issue.

No Fun League at it again. If the helmet submitted doesn't pass, fair enough BUT I wonder if any helmet Brown might now send off will pass the test.

The NFL doesn’t want Raiders receiver Antonio Brown to wear the Schutt AiR Advantage, even though the Schutt AiR Advantage was never banned by the NFL, until Antonio Brown found a loophole in the league’s helmet protocol that would allow him to replace his more-than-10-years-old Schutt AiR Advantage with a version less than 10 yers old.
At best, confusion abounds regarding whether and to what extent the league informed Brown’s representatives that the Schutt AiR Advantage would be subject to testing if Brown intends to wear one that is less than 10 years old, and thus suitable for NOCSAE certification. At worst, someone isn’t being truthful about who said what to whom and when as the loophole was being exploited by Brown’s representatives.
On Monday, a reader named Tim Fernandez informed me that NOCSAE executive director Michael Oliver explained that the group would consider for certification any Schutt AiR Advantage that is less than 10 years old. After confirming with Oliver that he indeed had taken that position, I informed Brown’s camp of this apparent loophole.
I also asked the league whether a Schutt AiR Advantage that was less than 10 years old and that was certified by NOCSAE could be worn by Brown. In response, the league didn’t say “yes” and the league didn’t say “no.” Instead, the league sent the graphic showing the banned helmet models for 2019 and the list of preferred models, without any additional comment. The Schutt AiR Advantage appears nowhere on that graphic.
On Monday night, a source with knowledge of the situation told PFT that the Raiders had informed Brown that the league would allow him to wear a Schutt AiR Advantage that was certified by NOCSAE. There was no mention that the Schutt AiR Advantage would have to independently pass NFL/NFLPA helmet testing.
And so Brown embarked on a search for Schutt AiR Advantage helmets less than 10 years old. He found “a few” that had been made in 2010. Eventually, he found one that had been made in 2014, for a film. Through it all, and despite numerous PFT posts on the issue and a direct question that was never directly answered, the NFL said nothing to me about a requirement that the Schutt AiR Advantage must separately pass helmet testing before Brown can wear the helmet.
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL found its own 2011 version of the Schutt AiR Advantage, the NFL tested it on Thursday and Friday, and it did not pass. The NFL believes that any/all Schutt AiR Advantage helmets made within the last 10 years would also not pass.
Brown’s camp insists that the Raiders said on Monday night that, if Brown finds a Schutt AiR Advantage made within the last 10 years and if NOCSAE recertifies it, Brown would be permitted to wear the helmet in practices and games. Brown’s camp also insists that the NFL said nothing about a general requirement that the Schutt AiR Advantage be tested before Brown can wear it. Brown’s camp now believes that the NFL rushed to test the Schutt AiR Advantage specifically to keep Brown from wearing it, without the grace period that others (like Patriots quarterback Tom Brady) were able to utilize before permanently ditching their helmets.
So a messy situation has gotten even messier, and the inescapable conclusion is that the NFL has done whatever it had to do to keep Brown from wearing the Schutt AiR Advantage, even though the Schutt AiR Advantage had never been banned by the NFL until Brown found one that was less than 10 years old and thus able to be worn in practices and games.

From PFT rumor section by Mike Florio.

The plot thickens.

The NFL are making themselves to look like idiots in this situation as they move the goal posts to suit their agenda.

That being said, trying to win this battle is akin to going into a street fight with a butter knife. It can't be won.

The NFL are making themselves to look like idiots in this situation as they move the goal posts to suit their agenda.

That being said, trying to win this battle is akin to going into a street fight with a butter knife. It can't be won.
Hope you are feeling a bit better mate.

Hope you are feeling a bit better mate.

Thanks. Recovering extremely quickly. Will be out of rehab middle of this week and then I can continue rehab as an out patient.

Given that when I was first moved into intensive care they said I'd be acute for at least a month and rehab would last a few months thereafter, bring discharged from all medical and rehab hospitals after 19 days will be quite the achievement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back