Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Oakland offered better picks plus they probably felt they could play the raiders FO and not Buffalo's

No they didn't, Buffalo offered a better deal, that's why Pittsburgh wanted to deal him there. And they were going to until Princess Brown said he wouldn't play for the Bills.

Bills offered a 2nd rounder IIRC

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
The notion that AB orchestrated this dating back to when he was in Pittsburgh is absurd. That being said, there is a piece missing to the puzzle that doesn't make sense to me.

AB apologised to the team on Friday US time. He then asked to be released 18 hours later, citing that he would not play on a week to week contract given that the guaranteed money was now void.

However, per Michael Lombardi (who has EXCELLENT ties to the Raiders) and a few other people I've spoken to, the Raiders told Rosenhaus about the void in guaranteed money BEFORE AB came back to apologise on Friday morning.

My question is why the heck did he cite a lack of guaranteed money as reason for desiring a release when you apologised and wanted to return to the team AFTER you were informed that your guaranteed money was void anyway?

It doesn't add up. I don't know what the explanation would be but as it stands the narrative doesn't hold water.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
I have created a pick em group on ESPN feel free to join. Password is "raiders"

I have created a pick em group on ESPN feel free to join. Password is "raiders"

Missing the first week hurts! I missed 1 week last year in your comp and basically cost me the title! :huh:

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Missing the first week hurts! I missed 1 week last year in your comp and basically cost me the title! :huh:
I literally created this a half hour ago so you have missed nothing!

I literally created this a half hour ago so you have missed nothing!
That thing is not intuitive to join, or I just cannot see it. Every time I click to join it says to use button to select entry, but no button to do si...anyway, will see what happens

Well that was an enjoyable watch if not still a little nerve racking towards the end. Have seen us too many times give up leads late. In hindsight probably won reasonably comfortably.

AB the cancer brought you closer together as a team ...worth every dollar of that 30mil 👌

Trent Brown, very impressive debut. Thought it was a massive overpay in the offseason but I've been told to STFU coz i dont know what I'm talking about (at least for this week 😉 )

1-0. Knock on wood if you're with me.

tenor.gif

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Neiron Ball passed away

Ball was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft.[3] On September 27, 2015, Ball got his first career sack against Josh McCown in a 27-20 win against the Cleveland Browns. On December 12, 2015, Ball was placed on injured reserve.[4] On September 3, 2016, Ball was again waived by the Raiders and was placed on injured reserve.[5]

Death[edit]
Ball was first diagnosed with arteriovenous malformation in 2011 while playing for Florida, but recovered and was able to play football. In December 2018, he suffered an aneurysm and was placed into a medically-induced coma. Ball died from the condition in Jackson, Georgia on September 9, 2019.[1]

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
AB the cancer brought you closer together as a team ...worth every dollar of that 30mil 👌

Trent Brown, very impressive debut. Thought it was a massive overpay in the offseason but I've been told to STFU coz i dont know what I'm talking about (at least for this week 😉 )

Brown is a monster of a man. Has been dominant throughout the off season and that continued to yesterday's game. He's an elite tackle in the league.

The team is certainly closer having gone through the AB saga but it's more outside noise that what's going on in the locker room.

Biggest takeaway from the game was Carr. Looks extremely comfortable in this offense. If he looks like this consistently the Raiders are going to be fine.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Neiron Ball passed away

Ball was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round of the 2015 NFL Draft.[3] On September 27, 2015, Ball got his first career sack against Josh McCown in a 27-20 win against the Cleveland Browns. On December 12, 2015, Ball was placed on injured reserve.[4] On September 3, 2016, Ball was again waived by the Raiders and was placed on injured reserve.[5]

Death[edit]
Ball was first diagnosed with arteriovenous malformation in 2011 while playing for Florida, but recovered and was able to play football. In December 2018, he suffered an aneurysm and was placed into a medically-induced coma. Ball died from the condition in Jackson, Georgia on September 9, 2019.[1]

Back