Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news re: Waller.

As for TB, can confirm that it's a money grab. That being said, I can't confirm as to the legitimacy of the assault claims.

In Cali law all suspicions of domestic violence are investigated even if the person injured does not make a complaint.
Also Cali is a very good area for making successful high $ claims.

In his Thursday presser, Raiders defensive coordinator Paul Guenther expressed disgust with his starting LB's season-long ban.
"For us to sign him and the history I had with this guy, with us knowing that the next infraction he was going to get was gonna end his season, maybe his career, I think it was a witch hunt from the beginning quite honestly," Guenther said. "Somebody in the league didn't want him playing football and they got what they wanted. So we're going to keep a close eye, the Raiders are going to keep a close eye and make sure everybody's being held to the same standard as Vontaze was.

"There's no standard there. That's the issue I have," Guenther said. "There's nothing, like, 'Hey, next time you do this, you're gone from the year, maybe your career.' I think that's unfair. Hey, you can warn a guy but if you put that in writing, the next time this happens, you're done, okay? That's where I have a problem. That's unfair to the kid. That's unfair to all the players around the league to not know where you. ... Really, hey, OK, next time you do this, you've been warned, you've been warned. Now you give this guy a a whole-year suspension? I don't think that's right at all. I don't care who says what. I don't believe that's the right thing to do.

Waller said he spent time on his off days watching the top tight ends in the league, “just looking at their game and trying to figure out if there’s things I can adopt into mine,” he said. “I want to be in that conversation. Anybody would, of course, but I feel like it’s realistic for me, so that’s what I want to do.”
Waller includes Travis Kelce of the Chiefs and Zach Ertz of the Eagles in that group. He also enjoys keeping an eye on Greg Olsen of the Panthers and this week’s opponent, Jimmy Graham of the Packers. But he mentioned Tampa Bay’s Cameron Brate as his current favorite to watch.

Waller’s numbers (37 receptions for 359 yards) suggest he already is among the position’s elite. The 27-year-old former wide receiver leads the league in catches per game for tight ends and is far and away the top target for the Raiders through five games

Carr said that ability to run the offense applies to the running game as well.
“We have plays where I can get to four, five different runs off just one thing that he says in the headset,” Carr said. “That takes a lot of detail, that takes a lot of intricacies in the fronts and covers and structures, who’s in the game on defense, who’s not. … It’s been fun for me, to be honest.”

Carr noted the expanded running game has “helped me in the pass game also. ... We’re getting big chunk plays, 20- or 30-yard chunk plays every now and then off these play-actions, which is huge. Our bootlegs are better because of our run game. Everything is based off that.”
In Week 4 at Indianapolis, Carr had five attempts to receivers 10 or more yards past the line of scrimmage and completed four, including both of his touchdown throws, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. Against the Bears, Carr had just two such attempts but completed both. Carr’s completion rate of 73.3% through five games leads the NFL.
“All he wants to do is win,” offensive coordinator Greg Olson said of Carr. “If it’s a balanced attack and he has to throw less, he’s OK with that. The results are what he’s about. So I think he’s got a real good feel certainly for the passing game, and he’s taken on, to me, responsibility of doing a lot of what we want for him to do in the run game.”

Matt Kawahara is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer.

Might be who has the best running game

The Green Bay Packers will once again be without star receiver Davante Adams and could be very shorthanded in the wideout corps.
Coach Matt LaFleur ruled out the receiver for Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders. Adams has missed the past two games while dealing with a turf toe injury suffered late in Week 4.
Adams isn't the only Packers receiver who could be out. Marquez Valdes-Scantling (ankle/knee) is questionable and Geronimo Allison (concussion) is doubtful to play against Oakland.

Good opportunity for some of our guys to show up. Davis, Jones

Davis is finally comfortable working with quarterback Derek Carr and within Jon Gruden’s offensive system heading into this important showdown at Lambeau Field.
“I have most of the offense down at this point, which is a good place to be after coming to a team during the season,” Davis said. “Your head can spin coming in from a different offense. There are similar concepts with completely different names. You have to have trigger something in your mind to the concept is associated with something different. The transition is hard, but you have to have to delete everything you knew and focus on what you’re learning now.”
Davis certainly empathizes with Jones, who is in the in-season integration process’ early stages. Jones was added in a trade from Buffalo nearly two weeks ago now and admits his head is spinning a bit trying to get everything down. He spent the bye week in the classroom with Gruden and extra time with receivers and offensive coordinator Greg Olson after each practice.
“He’s a very quick study, quick learner,” Olson said. “We had him in last week early in the week. Very intelligent football player and that jumped out at us right away and then we got a chance to see him on the practice field here early in the week running full speed. He’s got tremendous speed and quickness. It’s early right now, but we like what we see.”

We are a sneaky chance in this game. If we establish the ground game, we will be in it until the end. Green Bay might be 5-1 but they are more than beatable.

Just gotta hope that TB plays. I don't like the idea of Sharpe at RT.

Carr can GAGF.

Absolute rookie level mistakes from a guy six years in.

Yes. And yet at the same time, he was far from the reason they lost. The defense was a sieve today. Couldn't stop anything. When the D is that bad, the offense literally needs to be perfect just to give the team a chance to win. Expecting perfection from the offense to only give you a chance is not a recipe for success.

They seriously need to sort themselves out on defense this week. Season is far from over. I like what I'm seeing on offense. Defense doesn't need to do a whole lot. Just be half competent. Today was atrocious. I don't care that it's Aaron Rodgers today. That is no excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rodgers had his first perfect QB rating for that game.

I really wish Carr learned from the last time he ran and reached for the end zone. Not the reason we lost but the hate for him will come thick and fast this week.

Still need pieces but I can see things getting better towards next season.

I really wish Carr learned from the last time he ran and reached for the end zone. Not the reason we lost but the hate for him will come thick and fast this week.

Yeh, lost us a game from memory doing that same thing.

I think the offense is gonna be pretty bloody good once it's fully built. But this defense, I'm really struggling to see the pieces and where they fit. Not saying Guenther is a problem yet, but next season they better be league average otherwise he will be gone for sure.

We have 2 first rounders next year with roughly 80 million in cap space. Should be no reason to not have a half decent defense in place.

Sat thru the majority of it yesterday morning, my god, that Harris guy at safety is awful, take pathetic angles. I know your dbs aren't great but he is terrible. It's no wonder Rodgers had a field day when he's your last line of defence.

Jacobs is such a beast, shame the game script went against him, was really enjoying his work in the first quarter, could have had a monster day.

Sat thru the majority of it yesterday morning, my god, that Harris guy at safety is awful, take pathetic angles. I know your dbs aren't great but he is terrible. It's no wonder Rodgers had a field day when he's your last line of defence.

He's usually pretty solid. Had a bad game yesterday but his overall body of work has been good.

Jacobs is such a beast, shame the game script went against him, was really enjoying his work in the first quarter, could have had a monster day.

Jacobs still got over 120 yards on the ground. Dude is an absolute beast.

He's usually pretty solid. Had a bad game yesterday but his overall body of work has been good.

Jacobs still got over 120 yards on the ground. Dude is an absolute beast.

Fair enough, first I've seen of Harris, wasn't pretty.

That first run of the day when he ran over Amos...omg. 😨

If we could just strengthen at WR (Williams back will help), or pick up a good one at a late draft pick (maybe a Sanders), and do something about our D to solidify it a bit, and let Jacobs continue to run wild, it would be good.

If we could just strengthen at WR (Williams back will help), or pick up a good one at a late draft pick (maybe a Sanders), and do something about our D to solidify it a bit, and let Jacobs continue to run wild, it would be good.

Pass rush would be top of my list mate.

Even with stacked boxes yesterday Jacobs was running over and jumping cutting mofos out of their sneakers...just need a D to contain better and keep the opposition scoring down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back