Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Crosby was good. Wonder if Key going down meant he had more chances tonight.

[B]MaddMaxx[/B]‏Verified account @[B]CrosbyMaxx[/B]
FollowFollow @CrosbyMaxx
More
RAIDER NATION WHATS UP BABYYYYYYYYYY
‼️
‼️
‼️
‼️

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For the first time since 2016, the Oakland Raiders had a player generate 10 quarterback pressures, and it came courtesy of rookie defensive end Maxx Crosby, but he wasn’t the only player on the defensive line to have a big day.
From the first snap to the last, the Raiders defensive line lived in Philip Rivers personal bubble, making him uncomfortable all night long. The Silver and Black sacked Rivers five times Thursday, 2.5 coming from Clelin Ferrell, 1.5 from Benson Mayowa — who set a new career-high with seven in the process — and Maxx Crosby and Maurice Hurst Jr. each tallying half-a-sack.
The pass rush was the key to victory Thursday, as the Raiders forced Rivers into making questionable throws, which led to turnovers, including a pick-six from Erik Harris — his second this season. It was undeniably the best performance the Raiders have seen all year from the pass rush, and the defensive line knew it would need to attack vigorously on every snap to make a difference in the outcome of this game particularly.
“He’s a great quarterback and the thing with him is you got to be in his face all game, and try to get him flustered,” Crosby said postgame. “I feel like we did a good job of that and we just kept coming all game until the final whistle blew… honestly he gets rid of the ball real quick. He’s a tough quarterback and we just kept coming all day, so it was a big win.”

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
The Chargers D with Ingram and Bosa is very good. They had Mebane back today on the interior as well. Gotta remember this is the same D who 4 days ago tore the packers offense apart.

Carr was well below his best today, but he didn't turn the ball over and when we needed to score, he led us on 2 beautiful touchdown drives.

Best part about these last 2 wins is that the D is stepping up and finally generating sacks and turnovers.

Gotta give it to Gruden he's got a (young but for the most part) well below average team with a brutal schedule playing well above themselves. If this trajectory continues he should in all honesty be considered for coach of the year with all the AB BS preseason he had to deal with also.

It's a Frank Reich like performance without any of the deservered kudos currently.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
If they get to 9 wins he should be coach of the year. What he's done with the AB saga, Burfict's unjust suspension, the myriad of injuries on the O-Line, not to mention the ridiculously brutal first half of the season schedule, the team's performance is nothing short of remarkable.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sat thru the majority of it yesterday morning, my god, that Harris guy at safety is awful, take pathetic angles. I know your dbs aren't great but he is terrible. It's no wonder Rodgers had a field day when he's your last line of defence.

Sensations:
Erik Harris
Harris played the best game of his football career tonight and practically willed the Raiders to a win on his own. Seriously, he probably never even had a game that good in Pop Warner.
Harris was most certainly the sensation of the night, grabbing a pair of interceptions in the first quarter and nearly picking off five balls total on the night.
He returned his first quarter interceptions for 59- and 56-yards, with the latter going for a touchdown that gave Oakland a 10-0 lead. Harris wasn’t fully trusted in this defense early on this season, but he sure as hell is now. Signed to just a $2.35 million deal for 2020, Harris is a candidate for a sizable offseason extension if his inspired play continues.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
Can confirm that the Raiders are signing safety DJ Swearinger.

And that it’s not good news for Karl Joseph. Nothing final yet there, though, but there’s concern his injury is significant.

He's out for the season. One person told me lisfranc. Another disputed that but said they are preparing the rest of the way without him.

Sensations:
Erik Harris
Harris played the best game of his football career tonight and practically willed the Raiders to a win on his own. Seriously, he probably never even had a game that good in Pop Warner.
Harris was most certainly the sensation of the night, grabbing a pair of interceptions in the first quarter and nearly picking off five balls total on the night.
He returned his first quarter interceptions for 59- and 56-yards, with the latter going for a touchdown that gave Oakland a 10-0 lead. Harris wasn’t fully trusted in this defense early on this season, but he sure as hell is now. Signed to just a $2.35 million deal for 2020, Harris is a candidate for a sizable offseason extension if his inspired play continues.

Yesterday doesn't change the fact he did playlike complete trash when I commented the above. As I said in the weekly thread yesterday during the game, I couldn't believe I was watching the same player. Anticipation was excellent.

As well as he played yesterday, he needs to keep the play in front of him at all times tho, keep him well away from the line of scrimmage.....seems as tho he gets obliterated whenever he has to turn around and cover a reciever on a go route.... thru no fault of his own more than likely, it's just genetics.

While athletisism clearly looks a weakness he can make up for a lot of it with game smarts from what I saw yesterday.

Always happy to see an underdog succeed. 🙂

Shame for Joesph, was finally starting to live up to the pre draft hype I thought.
I know all NFL teams battle with injury, but we are having our fair share this season.

Good interview with Mayock talking about Hard Knocks, Jacobs, Waller and Carr...

The full interview is on YouTube too, it goes for 18 mins if you're interested in hearing more

Benson Mayowa 7 sacks
Khalil Mack 5.5 sacks
Mack probably gets a lot more attention but last game was good for our pass rush. Hopefully with all the losses in our secondary they can keep it up.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our DB section is barely hanging together. Johnson needs to be as good as Gruden reckons he is. #stealofthedraft

Whether Worley could be tried at the nickel spot is dependent upon where rookie Isaiah Johnson is in his development. Johnson was activated from the injured reserve list just last week and plays exclusively outside.
“We’ll see where Isaiah is with a full week of practice. Remember last week was his first full week active, and we didn’t even have a full-speed practice before the Charger game. So this will be really the first time we get a chance to see him on the practice field for a full week.”
Experience is undoubtedly a concern with Johnson, while Lawson is a veteran cornerback with 54 NFL starts in 66 appearances under his belt. So, it would seem there is a very good chance the cornerback trio will be Worley and Trayvon Mullen on the outside, Lawson in the slot, and Johnson and Keisean Nixon off the bench.

Back