Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

The NFL announced today scheduling changes for Week 12 on Sunday, November 24, and Week 16 on Saturday and Sunday, December 21-22.
Among the changes, the Oakland Raiders are now scheduled to kickoff on the road against the Los Angeles Chargers Sunday, December 22 at 1:05 p.m. PST on CBS.

Good result really. Ensures that we don't have a short week going into this game, and the day game means that we will get back to the Bay Area at a reasonable hour of the evening so players aren't compromised heading into the game week against the Broncos.

We should get this guy just for the inside info.

Preston Brown's time in Cincinnati has surprisingly come to an abrupt end.
The Bengals announced Tuesday they have waived the veteran linebacker.
Brown came over to Cincinnati on a one-year deal in 2018 after spending his first four seasons in Buffalo and appeared in seven games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. The Bengals retained Brown via a new, three-year contract signed in the offseason, and he appeared in all nine of Cincinnati's games in 2019.

Gruden on if it’s overly ambitious to think Dion Jordan can play Sunday: “Yeah I think so, but we’re going to keep an open mind. ... We’re going to try to fast-track him and get him out there as soon as possible.

Asked new #Raiders DE Dion Jordan for his scouting report on the team's D-line: “A lot of young guys who just know how to go. I feel like I fit right in with these dudes. That’s how I play – I just go…I’m just happy I found an organization that kind of fit me, personality wise.”

Gruden on if it’s overly ambitious to think Dion Jordan can play Sunday: “Yeah I think so, but we’re going to keep an open mind. ... We’re going to try to fast-track him and get him out there as soon as possible.

Asked new #Raiders DE Dion Jordan for his scouting report on the team's D-line: “A lot of young guys who just know how to go. I feel like I fit right in with these dudes. That’s how I play – I just go…I’m just happy I found an organization that kind of fit me, personality wise.”
Hopefully he stays off the gear.

Hopefully he stays off the gear.

Given that he's been living in the Bay Area now for some time and has gotten himself straight, I don't see that as being an issue.

My bigger issue with him is whether he's able to provide some form of decent production. I'm not sold on him. It would be a pleasant surprise.

On another note, it's great to see Ferrell get back to his playing weight of 266. He dropped to 250 when he got a virus a little over a month ago. His strength has been on show the last 2 games so hopefully he can build on it.

Find out if those PEDs did any good.

The other recently signed defensive player, Dion Jordan, is expected to play Sunday. Of the two recently signed veterans, Gruden proclaimed, “we’re going to get those guys up and start the process. We need ‘em.”
Raiders fans and analysts alike may disagree on just how much Jordan is needed given the recent production of both rookie defensive ends. It sounds as if Jordan may be used as a “move” player, meaning he could line up at linebacker, end, and possibly even on the interior in pass rush situations. Gruden wasn’t short of praise for the former No. 3 overall pick, though he did offer pause about his level of conditioning.

Last edited:
Find out of those PEDs did any good.

The other recently signed defensive player, Dion Jordan, is expected to play Sunday. Of the two recently signed veterans, Gruden proclaimed, “we’re going to get those guys up and start the process. We need ‘em.”
Raiders fans and analysts alike may disagree on just how much Jordan is needed given the recent production of both rookie defensive ends. It sounds as if Jordan may be used as a “move” player, meaning he could line up at linebacker, end, and possibly even on the interior in pass rush situations. Gruden wasn’t short of praise for the former No. 3 overall pick, though he did offer pause about his level of conditioning.

The PED suspension on Jordan was for Adderall. It's for ADHD. Jordan was prescribed it and had received an exception by the league to use it, but he didn't apply to renew the exception, and thus was busted when he got tested when not exempted for it. Had nothing to do with performance enhancement.

The PED suspension on Jordan was for Adderall. It's for ADHD. Jordan was prescribed it and had received an exception by the league to use it, but he didn't apply to renew the exception, and thus was busted when he got tested when not exempted for it. Had nothing to do with performance enhancement.
especially when there was no enhanced performance by him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him twice. Once lined up in neutral zone and one good tackle.

Sounds like Ferrell's stat sheet today. Could have said he played like a top 4 pick. Opportunity missed mate. 😜

Sounds like Ferrell's stat sheet today. Could have said he played like a top 4 pick. Opportunity missed mate. 😜
Who needs a top 4 pick playing well when you have Mad Maxx busting loose on the other side!

Who needs a top 4 pick playing well when you have Mad Maxx busting loose on the other side!

No arguments here.

Just do like Ravens fans with Andrews and Hurst and pretend they were drafted with the opposite picks. 😉

We should get this guy just for the inside info.

Preston Brown's time in Cincinnati has surprisingly come to an abrupt end.
The Bengals announced Tuesday they have waived the veteran linebacker.
Brown came over to Cincinnati on a one-year deal in 2018 after spending his first four seasons in Buffalo and appeared in seven games before suffering a season-ending knee injury. The Bengals retained Brown via a new, three-year contract signed in the offseason, and he appeared in all nine of Cincinnati's games in 2019.

Oakland Raiders signed free agent linebacker Preston Brown, released recently by the Cincinnati Bengals, the Raiders announced on Monday.
To make room for Brown on the roster, wide receiver-kick kick returner Dwayne Harris, who had a 99-yard punt return for a touchdown against the Denver Broncos last season, was placed on the Reserve/Injured List because of a foot injury.
The 6-1, 251-pound Brown believes he will fit in quickly with the Raiders because defensive coordinator Paul Guenther’s system is similar to the one employed in Cincinnati, where Guenther was defensive coordinator from 2014-17

How did the ped muncher go?

Dion Jordan has played several spots along the line in his NFL career, most of it off the edge. The Raiders need help there but requested he help in another spot on Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals.
“We asked him to go inside and rush,” coach Jon Gruden said. “We want to keep [Clelin] Ferrell and Maxx [Crosby] and [Benson] Mayowa outside. Dion gives us another guy with length who can go against the guards.”
Jordan’s a superior athlete who stands 6-foot-6, 284 pounds. He’s quick and agile enough to go around blockers, strong enough to go through them.
That certainly helped him work from interior spots over 14 snaps against the Bengals, and he was able to generate some pressure working obvious passing downs. He had a quarterback sack on third down that forced a punt, a run stop and one other quarterback pressure.
Jordan's presence was also felt in ways that can’t be quantified in the box score. His teammates said his athleticism helps create chances for others. Crosby credited Jordan for freeing him some off the edge.
Fellow interior rusher Maurice Hurst, who plays a different, yet effective game getting to the quarterback, liked the new energy Jordan brought to the front.
“He’s a great athlete who gets the guards to kick out to him pretty fast,” Hurst said. “It creates space for some of the other guys. You can run cool things with him. He will really help us inside.”

Secondary: A-
This marks the second week in a row the secondary has earned a grade of A- or higher.
It’s especially impressive when you consider that two players were seeing their first action of the season (D. J. Swearinger and Isaiah Johnson) and two others Nevin Lawson (90 percent of snaps) and Curtis Riley (40 percent of snaps) saw their roles increase dramatically because of injuries.
Daryl Worley (2), Trayvon Mullen (2), Curtis Riley (1), and Erik Harris (1) all recorded pass break ups. And you can’t forget Mullen’s interception that sealed the win.

Kansas City heads into its Week 12 bye with a tenuous hold on the division. By the time the Chiefs return for their all-important (and flexed!) game against Oakland, the Raiders could be tied for the division lead at 7-4. K.C. currently owns the tiebreaker thanks to a Week 2 win in Oakland, but a loss to the reborn Raiders in Week 13 could change the complexion of the division.

The Compton Homies?

The season of giving started a little early for Keisean Nixon.
By now, most of the NFL world has seen the story about Richard Sherman stepping up and donating $5,000 to a youth football team in Compton to help get them to the Youth National Championships in Florida – incredibly well done, Mr. Sherman – but you may not have heard about another major donor who was crucial in keeping the team’s season alive.
Nixon – the rookie cornerback for the Oakland Raiders – grew up in Compton and attended Salesian High School. As a kid with dreams of playing football in the NFL, Nixon started out like many kids do by playing Pop Warner in his uncle Snoop Dogg’s youth league. Understanding the importance of Pop Warner football in his hometown, Nixon decided to follow suit and donate $2,000 of his own to help get the youth football team in Compton to the Youth National Championships in Florida.

LV Review-Journal
Updated November 18, 2019 - 11:00 pm
The $2 billion Allegiant Stadium continues to be on time and on budget, even though completion of the cable net to support the translucent polymer roof won’t be completed until mid-December.
The reason: Other projects within the 65,000-seat stadium were completed well ahead of their scheduled completion dates.
Stadium company chief operating officer Don Webb on Monday told the Las Vegas Stadium Authority board that the 80-by-215-foot lanai doors are set, trees and other landscaping has begun, 25 rooms inside the building have been completed and work was to begin Monday on constructing the massive field tray that will contain the playing surface the Raiders will use. The project is about 70 percent complete.
The work pace is expected to pick up in the weeks ahead as more trade craftsmen are brought into the project to do the finishing work in the stadium interior. More than 1,000 workers currently work at the site.

the stadium remains on track for substantial completion on July 31. “The work continues on a six-day-a-week schedule, and we’ve had several key milestones met along the way.”

Heard Max is happy to spend time with fans taking photos etc.

The awards and notoriety just keep coming for Raiders’ defensive end Maxx Crosby. After his dominant performance on Sunday against the Bengals, the 2019 fourth-round pick from Eastern Michigan was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his game in Week 11.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back