Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Veldheer for the Packers. Thought he was retired.

Came out of retirement to play for the Pack. Great to see him do well. I met his parents a decade ago and kept in contact for a few years whilst he was a Raider. Great family. I'm glad he has made a good career out of himself.

Simmons not going to last til our pick the way he is playing

Kenneth Murray is still a great fallback option.

I've watched a fair bit of Joe Burrow this year and I'm yet to have come across a better QB prospect in at least a decade. He's the perfect modern day QB. Pass first but can really extend plays well with his feet and elevates the level of play of others around him. He's imo the kind of guy who could win you a championship in the pros.

If I'm Gruden and Mayock I would seriously consider throwing the farm at the Bengals and see if they bite. 12 and 19, a 1st next year and one of our three 3rd round picks this year for the #1 pick. Trade Carr then for a 2nd (I'm confident you'd get at least a day 2 pick for him).

There are two ways of building a team. You can keep Carr on what is a pretty team friendly deal, whilst adding to The weapons around him and really trying to make that defense into a great one. It's pretty much how the Packers and Niners are built.

The alternative is the Chiefs model where they have Mahomes and just blow you off the park with a ridicukously explosive offense led by their gun slinger.

Both ways work. I'm not saying I'm an advocate either way, but I would at least make the call to see what it would take to get the #1 pick.

Bengals would be stupid to not take Burrow. Would have to be a grandfather offer, and do we want to do that for a QB? Yes, we do. If we could somehow get them to buy in to Carr as a QB for them, plus those 2 firsts etc, then do it. But not sure they will.

• Paul Gutierrez
  • ESPN Staff Writer
ALAMEDA, Calif -- Former Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli will replace Brentson Buckner as the Oakland Raiders' defensive line coach, a source told ESPN, confirming an NFL Network report.
The Raiders had no official comment; coach Jon Gruden was with general manager Mike Mayock scouting the East-West Shrine Game in Tampa, Florida, on Tuesday.
Buckner, who oversaw a unit that helped improve the team's sack total from 13 to 32 in his lone year on staff, posted to Twitter that he was "blessed to coach a great group of Raiders."

Buckner was our link to Clemson. Thought he did well for us.

CBS’ Ryan Wilson speculated that the Raiders could be one of those teams that inquires about trading up for Burrow, and listed three potential trade scenarios based on different trade value charts.
Scenario 1: Raiders trade No. 12, 19, 81, 90, 2021 first and 2022 first for No. 1.
This trade chart is based on Pats Pulpit writer Rich Hill’s 2018 trade chart that is based on trades that happen in real life. The No. 1 selection has a much higher value than normal on Hill’s chart, mostly because of the recent trades for quarterbacks that we’ve seen in the past. From a Raiders perspective, this seems like far too much to give up, and I would frankly be flabbergasted if it happened.
Scenario 2: Raiders trade No. 12, 19 and 2021 first for No. 1.
This proposal is based on the traditional draft trade value chart, which is admittedly outdated. This trade idea is somewhat intriguing if the Raiders could swap Derek Carr for a second or third round draft pick.
Scenario 3: Raiders trade No. 12, 80 and 81 for No. 1.
This trade is based on Kevin Meers’ draft value chart from 2011, and this scenario unfolding would be a dream. Trading up for Burrow while keeping not only all of their future all future first rounders, but No. 19 as well. It seems quite unlikely that 12, 80 and 81 would be enough to get up to No. 1, but if the Bengals are willing to accept that offer, the Raiders should strongly consider it.

Kuechley retires, Panthers get Simmons. It's the 9ers coin toss again.

That's my thoughts at this early stage if we stay put, would prefer Andrew Thomas miraculously falling to us at #7 most tho.

My order of preference:
1. Thomas
2. Trade up a few spots for Tua
3. Simmons

We've got plenty of holes so limitless options. Nice. 😒

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kyle Van Noy and Jamie Collins are UFAs. Getting someone experienced could be a better bet as Simmons good chance to go top 5 in the draft.

If you're going to throw money at a lb in FA it should be Cory Littleton. You won't be alone tho.

The Las Vegas Raiders are pledging $500,000 toward eliminating meal debt which will be allocated through the Nevada Community Foundation (NCF). Nevada schools participating in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs will be working with NCF to eliminate existing school meal debt.
"Today, we want to make a donation to the Nevada Department of Agriculture meal service program, which feeds kids lunch and breakfast at the schools. We are hoping to eliminate the debt that the entire state of Nevada has to do that project, and in that regard we are donating $500,000 to the program," said Raiders Owner Mark Davis.

The #Raiders are now the Las Vegas Raiders. Players in Las Vegas on stage for the announcement: Derek Carr, Johnathan Abram, Mo Hurst, AJ Cole, Trent Brown, Trent Sieg and Marquel Lee.

LAS VEGAS - MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) and the Las Vegas Raiders today announced a new partnership, making MGM Resorts An Official Gaming Partner of the Raiders. MGM Resorts also has been named a Founding Partner of Allegiant Stadium and An Official Home of the Raiders Pre- and Post-Game Party.
As An Official Partner of the Las Vegas Raiders, MGM Resorts will have prominent signage throughout Allegiant Stadium year-round, including in-stadium branding and naming rights to the west VIP entry and drop off zone. The partnership features entitlement of the MGM Club at Allegiant Stadium, an ultra-exclusive experience with a full-service premium bar, luxury lounge and upgraded stadium seating for game-viewing. MGM Resorts will provide exclusive fan experiences before and after Raiders home games throughout its portfolio of resorts.

MGM Resorts International has agreed to pay up to $800 million to settle thousands of liability claims stemming from the 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas, lawyers announced Thursday, almost exactly two years after the massacre.
On Oct. 1, 2017, a gunman on the 32nd floor of the MGM-owned Mandalay Bay resort opened fire on a crowd of people at a country music festival, killing 58 and injuring hundreds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back