Oasis split - noel quits

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't want to start a new thread so...

Has anyone seen the documentary 'Supersonic' and have any thoughts to share about it without giving to much away as I have not seen it yet.

It has been getting really good reviews around the world.

I've heard it is one of those decent music documentaries of late ala the recent Winehouse and Cobain ones, and it has received considerable acclaim from old fans and casual young'ns and the like, but I guess the thing with Oasis is that it feels like it has already been covered adequately enough as a mythic narrative. They are best explored as a charismatic figurehead of Britpop, and the likes of "Live Forever" have already covered that zeitgeist fairly well from memory. Anything new would need to skillfully take Oasis beyond the times to make a big impression.

I won't be rushing out to see it, happy to wait until it shows up on ABC/SBS, but look forward to that trip down memory lane nevertheless. Oasis soundtrack a lot of my memories from 20 years ago, as well as 10 years ago, so why not now?

Singing "So Sally can wait" with a packed out Brisbane Entertainment Centre will always be my favourite music memory.

I've heard it is one of those decent music documentaries of late ala the recent Winehouse and Cobain ones, and it has received considerable acclaim from old fans and casual young'ns and the like, but I guess the thing with Oasis is that it feels like it has already been covered adequately enough as a mythic narrative. They are best explored as a charismatic figurehead of Britpop, and the likes of "Live Forever" have already covered that zeitgeist fairly well from memory. Anything new would need to skillfully take Oasis beyond the times to make a big impression.

I thought the same but some reviews suggest there is a fair bit of never seen before footage and that Liam and Noel seem to be in good form.

Cigarettes and alcohol
All around the world
Acquiesce
Cast no shadow
She's electric
Whatever
Stand by me
she is love
Some might say
Lyla
Don't look back in anger
She is love

wasn't a fan of it when it first came out but i love it now.

Lyla reminds me of FIFA 06.

But Oasis are one of those bands who generally have two or so albums that are definitive and the rest of the fodder, and its orders or best songs or whatever, are best left to internet forums like this one where nerds and basically no one outside the hardcores can folder them.

What's the Story has aged terribly compared to albums like Urban Hymns, and A Different Class.

You reckon?

Listening to it now, I can clearly differentiate it from Definitely Maybe, which I had it on par with when I was younger - now I think DM might be the best album I've ever heard, but I actually appreciate some of the lesser songs on it a lot more now than I used to - She's Electric, Some Might Say, Cast No Shadow. The only songs I think have really gotten ordinary are Hey Now and Hello.

You reckon?

Listening to it now, I can clearly differentiate it from Definitely Maybe, which I had it on par with when I was younger - now I think DM might be the best album I've ever heard, but I actually appreciate some of the lesser songs on it a lot more now than I used to - She's Electric, Some Might Say, Cast No Shadow. The only songs I think have really gotten ordinary are Hey Now and Hello.

crazy to think that 'talk tonight', 'acquise' and 'the masterplan' didn't make the cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back