Obama's money

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 2, 2007
house
AFL Club
Essendon
Seems likely that Obama received money from over seas, in particular the middle east.

In small amounts plenty of times to hide it.

Even though it is illegal according to US rules, it's o'k by me.

U.S has a large world influence.

Thus reasonable that the rest of the world becomes involved in the outcome of US elections

With electronic fund transfers, in the future it is going to be hard for the US to put a stop to this sort of thing.

Would be interesting if it became open slather in the future.

Would you give money to one side or the other of a U.S. presidential campaign if it was open slather?

I reckon I would.

moneyblock.gif

And everybody goes on about the cost of Palin's wardrobe.

Oh and, sen, you are touting a discredited right wing talking point tht has little basis in truth

The bulk of the money raised by the Obama campaign via donations has come from contributions of $200 or larger, not contributions of "$10 to $25 or so," and campaigns must, by federal law, identify "all PACs and party committees that give them contributions, and they must identify individuals who give them more than $200 in an election cycle."
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/donations.asp

I do like when people start threads raising provocative accusations without pointing to any sources.

As for the money disparity, it's probably fair to say that public financing for presidential elections is dead. Unless they massively up the public contribution?

Slightly off topic, but what happens to the money left over at the end of Obama's campaign? He raised so much that I'm assuming he didn't spend all of it.

I do like when people start threads raising provocative accusations without pointing to any sources.

As for the money disparity, it's probably fair to say that public financing for presidential elections is dead. Unless they massively up the public contribution?

It's a philosophical question but there is enough evidence about to suggest a few dollars went through.

Bush is that hated, etc, people on the Gaza Strio devoted time to ringing USA phone numbers at random to campaign for Obama, you would have to be mad to not think that money also came from the middle east.

The philopsophical question is if the US foreign policy impacts the rest of the world, why shouldn't the rest of the world back one candidate or another fiancially.

Somehow it balances the world to me. How about you? The Americans might be against it but to me it is more moral than immoral.

It's this apparent 'evidence' that has been absent from your posts on the topic.

I would like to see something a tad more substanial than reports from Newsmax that cite bloggers from Atlas Shrugged - call me a stickler if you will but that doesn´t count as evidence in my book.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back