Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

I won’t lie, I thought Vader saying he killed Anakin and Obi-Wan saying goodbye, Darth was to show that Obi-Wan truly believed Anakin was dead and to make sense of the line in ANH that Vader killed Luke’s father. So leaving him alive is at least a little strange. Likewise, there’s this assumption in ANH that the Jedi are extinct so both Vader and the Emperor knowing he’s alive also seems odd.

Nothing major, just minor quibbles. Like everyone talking about the Force like it’s some forgotten mystery when here you are, just 10 years before ANH and everyone seems to know about the Force, there’s Jedi supposedly helping the Underground Railroad, there’s Inquisitors. Mind you, that’s on Lucas once they decided to make Vader Luke’s dad and the prequels only 18 years before. Star Wars has always had these little inconsistencies.

I won’t lie, I thought Vader saying he killed Anakin and Obi-Wan saying goodbye, Darth was to show that Obi-Wan truly believed Anakin was dead and to make sense of the line in ANH that Vader killed Luke’s father. So leaving him alive is at least a little strange. Likewise, there’s this assumption in ANH that the Jedi are extinct so both Vader and the Emperor knowing he’s alive also seems odd.

Nothing major, just minor quibbles. Like everyone talking about the Force like it’s some forgotten mystery when here you are, just 10 years before ANH and everyone seems to know about the Force, there’s Jedi supposedly helping the Underground Railroad, there’s Inquisitors. Mind you, that’s on Lucas once they decided to make Vader Luke’s dad and the prequels only 18 years before. Star Wars has always had these little inconsistencies.

Vader doesn't think the Jedi are extinct, Tarkin does, who says something like "He's surely dead by now".

Yes I did find it a little odd having Luke see Reva and then not really know about the Force.

Those inconsistencies and messy ends only keeps growing with each further show/book/movie . It doesnt make pointing them out or not liking them a sin or juvenile nitpicking tho. Its legitimate. Again shows how SW is all a mess the more it grows and fans have to just accept that mess or else theyre incels or nitpickers.

The one person who we don't know lives or dies - Reva - lived as well haha.

I feel sorry for Rya, firstly, great name makes me think parents wanted a boy so bad they just went "ah F it..." in naming, it's great, but imagine being asked to be in this, 4 episodes and have all of many 4 lines to say because Reva and Grandoise the bland hogged them all?

It was her and 5th bro that just, what was their point in existence?

Reva for obvious redemption arc since whiny bitch face "oh, this is Kylo mk2, right"
Grandoise the bland because, Grandoise, can't have Vader everywhere all the time.
Extra 1
Extra 2

5th bro at least got to sit at a desk, wave his hand and tell Reva to STFU , but 4th sis was just there and randomly said "you right, she's a bitch" then went back to being mute.

Vader doesn't think the Jedi are extinct, Tarkin does, who says something like "He's surely dead by now".

Yes I did find it a little odd having Luke see Reva and then not really know about the Force.

Owen & Beru also CBF moving afterwards? Moisture farm elsewhere in that big desert? "Don't worry Luke, nothing further will happen as we now have perimeter fences with ballistic missiles that can even reach the core systems. No further force strumpet will breach this house!"

Stromtroopers aren't great shots as Obi claims, Own & Beru were just sitting ducks thinkng lightning never strikes twice.

It's been an interesting if not short series with some memorable moments, but overall I felt the story was all over the shop. The whole thing felt rushed with an underlying panic about not wrecking canon. They walked a tight line on that score, which made the story inconsistent. But I enjoyed seeing Vader in full force mode, and that bit with his helmet broken, seeing his face, and hearing Anakin's real voice was so much fun. I'm just going to think about what I liked, and not get myself into a twist about the rest. Life's too short.

No, I want solid and consistent storytelling.

RoTS - Obi leaves Anakin for dead; because he assumes with that level of injury, he cannot survive, and has the threat of Palpatine's troops approaching.

Now - Obi Wan, after a decade of Vader's atrocities, defeats him (makes a smart arse remark) and then just leaves, leaving him alive, for no reason...

Well that shows the difference of
character between Ben/Obi-Wan as a person and Anakin/Darth Vader ?

Who is not to say Qui-Gon's spirit force (which has been eetaished in Revenge of the Sith) didn't order Ben/Obi-Wan to spare Vader's life as part of Qui-Gon's long game vision.

If they can restart 7-8-9 with Filoni-Favreau this way, then great, or as the Emperor would say, "Dew it!" Can set it 40 years after Episode VI, and let's go!

Maybe they could call them Episode 10-11-12..

Fisher is dead, there's no scope to re-do 7/8/9.

Maybe they could call them Episode 10-11-12..

Fisher is dead, there's no scope to re-do 7/8/9.
Oh s**t, how could I forget? Yeah, you're right; that wouldn't work at all.

Yeah, they could just do a new trilogy; a good set-up would be an uprising of the Mandalorians led by a Force-sensitive user against the Republic and the Jedi Order, led by Rey, but she wouldn't be the star of the new trilogy just like Luke wasn't.

Btw (I am far too lazy and slack to trawl pack the last pages of this thread) but I actually enjoyed seeing Ben/Obi-Wan seeing a child like Luke (around or similar to the same age he first met Anakin) enjoying constructing his electronic
gizmo/nick nacks, and deciding Luke should enjoy a full and healthy childhood without all the Jedi training and pressure his Father went through.

Really enjoyed and appreciated the fact Owen Lars realized this and respected Ben/Obi-Wan for this, and gave him the one moment he sorely desired (unfortunately, I think this will be the last time the two meet on screen before A New Hope)

Aunt Beru/Bonnie Piesse still being sexy AF and having more gumption in her when their homestead was being attacked, was not something I was prepared for.

I also firmly believe we saw a glimpse of Anakin's lost humanity inside of Vader in that final episode which will pay off in Return of The Jedi.

If anything else, this finale proved once again Obi-Wan Kenobi was still one of the greatest Jedi Knights of all time.

We Can Be Heroes (2020). Yaya Gosselin the nain actress was 10 or 11 in this, and that Vivian Blair girl (to the far right of her, our left) was 8.

View attachment 1430715

It was very strange casting. You would normally cast a 12 or 13 yo who looked like a 10 yo because their acting skills would be better than a 10 yo.

In this show they cast a 9 yo as a 10 yo who looked like and moved like a 5 yo. Her acting skills were very limited.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was very strange casting. You would normally cast a 12 or 13 yo who looked like a 10 yo because their acting skills would be better than a 10 yo.

In this show they cast a 9 yo as a 10 yo who looked like and moved like a 5 yo. Her acting skills were very limited.

Were they? I thought she was pretty good.

If they can restart 7-8-9 with Filoni-Favreau this way, then great, or as the Emperor would say, "Dew it!" Can set it 40 years after Episode VI, and let's go!
People need to stop thinking of Filoni and Favreau as some kind of saviours. BOBF was their doing and while the Mandalorian is fun, it ain’t Breaking Bad. They are 2-1 and there were warning signs in Mandalorian 2 that they are getting twisted up in their own mythology rather than focusing on great content.

Taika Waititi saying he will eschew nostalgia and do something new is the best sign of things to come.

Physically she moved like a toddler. There was a lot of editing in her lines as though she was being instructed 'this is when you are supposed to feel sad' - and they found a couple of moments.

I mean, she's a kid.

What do you mean? They cast a 9 yo as a 10 yo who looked like and moved like a 5 yo.

I mean it's a child actor so of course they're not getting a Daniel Day-Lewis?

People really are desperate to criticise anything.

I mean it's a child actor so of course they're not getting a Daniel Day-Lewis?

People really are desperate to criticise anything.

I reckon alarm bells are going off at google with all these trekkies searching for 10 year old girls.

That's a very silly argument. Not every bad casting or limited performance by a child actor means it should be judged against the top acting by Academy Awards thespians.

It's not a silly argument. A silly argument is 'omg this child actor is too short and not a good actor'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back