Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't conceded anything because there's nothing to concede, it's a dumb ******* conversation.

Your claim was that Vivien Lyra Blair looks like a 9 year old (so it wasn't poor casting). When I pointed out that she is the height of an average 5 and 1/2 year old you went with the "I don't care" line. You are not making much sense here.

She's not just short for her age, as if it were a nod to Carrie Fisher's less than average stature. She's well outside the normal height range.

I maintain it was poor casting to have an actor who looks and moves like a 5 year old play a 10 year old. But more importantly she also has poor acting skills. Compare her to the other child actors I named and she's very immature for someone playing a 10 year old.

Where have I defended everything? I literally complained about episode 4 being s**t. I also agreed with several of the complaints about the ease of some of the resolutions in the final ep. If you actually engaged with what other people are posting instead of just screaming and gnashing your teeth you might have seen that

It's not just the odd criticism of certain episodes. The whole thing is a mess. The main plot revolves around Reva who wants to get revenge on Vader killing Jedis, men, women and children - by killing Jedis, men, women and children - in order to get close to him and kill him, which we already know will fail. The other characters are incidental to Reva's story.

So we see Obi-Wan lose all skills then abandon his one job. Luke is chased by Reva but apparently has no recollection of it. Leia gets kidnapped but apparently is so young she doesn't later remember Obi-Wan saving her life multiple times.

Then we have the poor writing, editing and directing. Such as the Leia chase in the woods, Reva teleporting, characters magically recovering from lightsabers through their guts and spines, characters not being killed when their enemies can end them, Leia hiding under the Obi-Wan's trench coat, not walking round the laser gate, a battleship with dozens of fighters not taking out the rebel escape ship. I could go on. It's garbage.

It's not just the odd criticism of certain episodes. The whole thing is a mess. The main plot revolves around Reva who wants to get revenge on Vader killing Jedis, men, women and children - by killing Jedis, men, women and children - in order to get close to him and kill him, which we already know will fail. The other characters are incidental to Reva's story.

So we see Obi-Wan lose all skills then abandon his one job. Luke is chased by Reva but apparently has no recollection of it. Leia gets kidnapped but apparently is so young she doesn't later remember Obi-Wan saving her life multiple times.

Then we have the poor writing, editing and directing. Such as the Leia chase in the woods, Reva teleporting, characters magically recovering from lightsabers through their guts and spines, characters not being killed when their enemies can end them, Leia hiding under the Obi-Wan's trench coat, not walking round the laser gate, a battleship with dozens of fighters not taking out the rebel escape ship. I could go on. It's garbage.

Why are you spending so much energy on something you didn't enjoy? Just move on.

The Grand Inquisitor was by far the biggest victim in this show.

For his position and reputation before the show he ended is as some nothing weak character that wasn't intimidating or threatening at all.
First glimpse of he, he was definitely intimidating. But his "demise", and return was...ok he's back and welcomed by vadar with open arms. ok.

First glimpse of he, he was definitely intimidating. But his "demise", and return was...ok he's back and welcomed by vadar with open arms. ok.

Yeah and just standing around and taking orders like some lower nothing officer.

He felt on Stormtrooper level by the end of the show.

Last edited:
If you had of given the Grand Inquisitor the Reva aspects of this show, it would have been a lot better. Would have been a more "traditional" narrative as in the Grand Inquisitor wouldn't have had the same "motivational complexity" as they tried to put into Reva, but at the end of the day they ****ed Reva's motivation up and made it nonsensical so it didn't work anyway. I would have taken a more basic second-tier villain to allow the conflict between Obi and Vader to shine more.

GI on the hunt for Jedi because that's his job.
Hears of ObiWan and hatches a plan to catch him.
Proceed through episode 2 and 3 with GI in the Reva role.
Episode 4 culminates in a GI v ObiWan battle, GI gets stabbed through his second stomach by ObiWan.
Episode 5 you have an imperial officer in the Reva role and play on the whole, your old sorcery ways are outdated Darth conflict.
Episode 6 you can just cut the entire Reva/Tatooine/Luke aspect or you plug the GI into that role, like he comes out of a Bacta tank and searches for further information on ObiWan while Vader is out trying to catch him and he comes across the comms device and he confronts Luke, culminating in ObiWan saving the day a second time or maybe he's still too wounded and is overpowered by Owen/Beru - i dunno, it's hard to save that Reva/Tatooine part.

Hell all they had to do was have a storyline that had the GI leave 3 to deal with this Jedi on Tatooine while he went off to investigate the reporting of multiple Jedi at another location far away.

Takes him away from this storyline but doesn't diminish his stature.

Carn dude. I remember the Last Jedi/Rise of Skywalker threads. Don't think you can take the 'just move on if you don't like something' principle.

It's a little different with a movie (where you have a direct sequel coming a few years late) but even so the Rise of Skywalker thread died pretty quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a little different with a movie (where you have a direct sequel coming a few years late) but even so the Rise of Skywalker thread died pretty quickly.
99% of the people hating on skywalker were the same people that had spent three years hating on Last Jedi (three years constructively spent imo) and were burnt out by then.

This has been finished for a handful of days, and some critiques are still valid.

Also it's Obi Wan Kenobi and Princess Leia and Darth Vader, it's about as close to a movie as any TV show will get.

Last edited:
99% of the people hating on skywalker were the same people that had spent three years hating on Last Jedi (three years constructively spend imo) and were burnt out by then.

This has been finished for a handful of days, and some critiques are still valid.

Also it's Obi Wan Kenobi and Princess Leia and Darth Vader, it's about as close to a movie as any TV show will get.

Oh ok, so when you referenced the Rise of Skywalker thread you actually just meant the TLJ thread. :p And as I said, bit different when it's the middle movie in a trilogy, you're going to discuss it a lot as it will blend into speculation for the next film.

The critiques are the same critiques that have been whinged about for weeks. He even brought back up the Leia running scene from the first episode.

Oh ok, so when you referenced the Rise of Skywalker thread you actually just meant the TLJ thread. :p And as I said, bit different when it's the middle movie in a trilogy, you're going to discuss it a lot as it will blend into speculation for the next film.

The critiques are the same critiques that have been whinged about for weeks. He even brought back up the Leia running scene from the first episode.
Well, I mentioned both I thought.

Carn dude. I remember the Last Jedi/Rise of Skywalker threads..

But anyway, Leia running is bad. I witnessed some junior primary school aged sports on the weekend, and none of them moved like her. All moved more maturely. It never won't be a sore thumb in viewings of this. If it didn't bother you, good for you, but it bothers others and they aren't wrong. They aren't wrong. What is wrong, would be saying someone is perfectly average for x, shuddup, then it being shown no, they are actually quite below average for x, and the reply being 'whatevs, don't care'.

If you don't care, why argue you are right?

Well, I mentioned both I thought.

But anyway, Leia running is bad. I witnessed some junior primary school aged sports on the weekend, and none of them moved like her. All moved more maturely. It never won't be a sore thumb in viewings of this. If it didn't bother you, good for you, but it bothers others and they aren't wrong. They aren't wrong. What is wrong, would be saying someone is perfectly average for x, shuddup, then it being shown no, they are actually quite below average for x, and the reply being 'whatevs, don't care'.

If you don't care, why argue you are right?

You mentioned both but then agreed that TROS thread died quickly because everyone was over it..

Don't think I've argued anything about the show for the past few days, I just told Sorted to get over it and move on, and now we're arguing over that..

You mentioned both but then agreed that TROS thread died quickly because everyone was over it..

Don't think I've argued anything about the show for the past few days, I just told Sorted to get over it and move on, and now we're arguing over that..
Probably cause you said something that was factually wrong.

So much of this is an opinion thing, but if someone makes an opinion backed by facts, and they get that part wrong, it's a good feeling.

Probably cause you said something that was factually wrong.

So much of this is an opinion thing, but if someone makes an opinion backed by facts, and they get that part wrong, it's a good feeling.

Factually wrong. Ok.

Luke is chased by Reva but apparently has no recollection of it. Leia gets kidnapped but apparently is so young she doesn't later remember Obi-Wan saving her life multiple times.
Just on these two, Luke was told to run by Owen and Beru and escapes out the roof without ever seeing Reva or her lightsaber, he looks back briefly when running but all you can see is a distant red light that doesn't appear to be a lightsaber, then he gets knocked out, again, without seeing Reva. There is nothing to link this to Jedi in his mind. Also, how do you know Luke has no recollection of it, just because he doesn't bring up this random event in ANH?

And Obi-Wan makes a point to Leia that they need to keep their meeting on the down-low. Yeah, it's a bit of a cheap workaround but that's why she acts like she doesn't know him, it's not that she doesn't remember.

Carn dude. I remember the Last Jedi/Rise of Skywalker threads. Don't think you can take the 'just move on if you don't like something' principle.
Five years and counting.

99% of the people hating on skywalker were the same people that had spent three years hating on Last Jedi
Nah, the one thing TROS did was bring both sides of TLJ together.

The ST is entirely indefensible, as a whole and each movie. TFA was a scam. TLJ was a joke. TROS was an abomination.

D+ SW content has been mostly s**t. Even TM is hit and miss, and thats the best of the live action to date. Rogue One was very good.

I see more and more how SW is a joke of a franchise to follow religiously, or to be glued to each new show/animation. It's gone beyond farcical in Disneys ownership. Its laughable really the content. The years go by now where my own fandom gets less and less. Maybe if there was something truly great again I'd get back on board. Something new and different, a distant era pre or post-Saga. But its not just that desire/need, the actual content itself is so poorly written, unengaging, relying on references, easter eggs and brand awareness, the nostalgia angle, to mask actual poor story-telling. Its a bereft of heart and soul, its just a Coca-Cola ad now.

TM season 1 was largely a bore of mission for the day crap, a few funny/cool moments here and there, season 2 packed more punch but it was still pretty low standards compared to far better TV shows that exist, that rivet you, fascinating stories and characters. Boba Fett and Obi-Wan series were absolute s**t, some funny/cool moments, but largely s**t. Thats the in-your-bones truth that you ALL know too to be true. Its just we try to enjoy it "hey its SW content at least" we say to appease ourselves.

Just on these two, Luke was told to run by Owen and Beru and escapes out the roof without ever seeing Reva or her lightsaber, he looks back briefly when running but all you can see is a distant red light that doesn't appear to be a lightsaber, then he gets knocked out, again, without seeing Reva. There is nothing to link this to Jedi in his mind. Also, how do you know Luke has no recollection of it, just because he doesn't bring up this random event in ANH?

And Obi-Wan makes a point to Leia that they need to keep their meeting on the down-low. Yeah, it's a bit of a cheap workaround but that's why she acts like she doesn't know him, it's not that she doesn't remember.
Having been knocked out before and no memory of the entire day, it's easy to believe Luke wouldn't remember the last hour or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back