Obscure footballers from yesteryear

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Delete if not allowed mods but a great success from the cricket boards has been bscure players from yesteryear you remember.

One guy who isn’t that old but never lived up to any sort of potential was Jordan Mutch.

The former England youth player has become a sort of journeyman starting with Birmingham City (08-12) then on to Cardiff City (12-14), stings at QPR (14/15) and Crystal Palace (15-19) before playing at Korean club Gyeongnam FC (19).

Currently without a club he was one guy who always seemed to be unable to lock down a spot at the club he was at.

Anyone you remember?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Makes me think of John Bostock. Still only 27 he was (maybe still is) the youngest Spurs player to debut. Didn't work out for him over 5 years and many loans. Went permanently to Toronto FC and then had the following journey with a good recovery of his career via Belgium

Toronto FC > Royal Antwerp > OH Leuven > Lens > Bursaspor > Toulouse > Nottingham Forrest

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Makes me think of John Bostock. Still only 27 he was (maybe still is) the youngest Spurs player to debut. Didn't work out for him over 5 years and many loans. Went permanently to Toronto FC and then had the following journey with a good recovery of his career via Belgium

Toronto FC > Royal Antwerp > OH Leuven > Lens > Bursaspor > Toulouse > Nottingham Forrest

Spase Dilevski says hi.

Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
For all those FM 11 and FM 12 players...Carlos Fierro and Erick Torres. They would always be cheap from Guadalajara and bang them in.

Fierro's career hasn't really taken off, however. Scored 11 in 153 for Guadalajara with a couple of loan spells in between. Now finds himself at San Jose Earthquakes in MLS where he is yet to score a goal after seven games.

Torres was decent for Houston Dynamo, scoring 14 in 49 a few years back, but he's back in Liga MX now at Tijuana. Scored once for Mexico, too.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
For all those FM 11 and FM 12 players...Carlos Fierro and Erick Torres. They would always be cheap from Guadalajara and bang them in.

Fierro's career hasn't really taken off, however. Scored 11 in 153 for Guadalajara with a couple of loan spells in between. Now finds himself at San Jose Earthquakes in MLS where he is yet to score a goal after seven games.

Torres was decent for Houston Dynamo, scoring 14 in 49 a few years back, but he's back in Liga MX now at Tijuana. Scored once for Mexico, too.
I'll raise you

Jul 13, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hugo Rodallega of Wigan Athletic fame.

He’s kicking it in Turkey at the moment.

Charles N'Zogbia (or Insomnia if you're Joe Kinnear), too! Forever linked with Liverpool...been retired since 2016 after a proposed move to Nantes fell through due to a heart problem.

That Wigan side had a few memorable names. Callum McManaman and Ali-Al Habsi to name a couple.

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio
Always remember watching UCL highlights in the early 2000's and watching Roy Makaay smash in some brilliant goals for Deportivo La Caruna (and then Bayern).

I always thought RvP was a Makaay-lite type of striker.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Always remember watching UCL highlights in the early 2000's and watching Roy Makaay smash in some brilliant goals for Deportivo La Caruna (and then Bayern).

I always thought RvP was a Makaay-lite type of striker.
Roy Makaay was a gun.

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio
Morten Gamst Pedersen

Someone I always wanted Spurs to sign and someone I always signed in the early FM/CM's i played.

Currently a free agent after last year playing for Tromso, A-League or Indian League beckons?

He was quality. Crazy that he got relegated with that Blackburn team before he moved on...

Back