Obscure TV shows you can remember from the past..

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone remember these:

1. Bring em Back Alive

Action type show around the once a week 7.30 slot in early 80s

2. Wait til your Father Gets Home

Cartoon sort of like the Simpsons/Family Guy/King of the Hill that was on daily at about 5pm in late 70s early 80s. Centred on the Boyle family and there was a neighbour called Ralph.

3. Don't remember the name - but was an action series same time as Bring Em Back Alive that was about a pilot called Jack who had a dog with an eye patch.

Anyone remember these:

1. Bring em Back Alive

2. Wait til your Father Gets Home

Cartoon sort of like the Simpsons/Family Guy/King of the Hill that was on daily at about 5pm in late 70s early 80s. Centred on the Boyle family and there was a neighbour called Ralph.

3. Don't remember the name - but was an action series same time as Bring Em Back Alive that was about a pilot called Jack who had a dog with an eye patch.

Remember 1 & 2. Bring em back alive I never watched but remember it being on and that it had bruce boxleitner. Kind of an indiana jones type thing that was popular at the time. 2. Remember the show and vividly remember the theme song.."wait till your father gets,until your father gets..wait till your father gets home..":eek:

Anyone remember Beachcombers? Was a Canadian logging show on the ABC in the late 70s.

Started in 1972 and went on until 1989 (in Canada). Used to love this show.

This family adventure series featured the adventures of Nick Adonidas (a licensed beachcomber on the North West Coast of British Columbia), his young Native partner Jesse, and his unscrupulous adversary and rival beachcomber, Relic.

Working from the port of Gibson's Landing, Nick runs the Persephone into the inlets of the Sunshine coast. The combination of characters and rugged locations strongly appealed to audiences abroad.

The format focused on physical action - boat chases, storms, rising tides, various rites of passage, a long-distance swim or taming a wild dog.

Have they started showing re-runs on Foxtel?

Anyone remember these:

1. Bring em Back Alive

Loosly based on the legendray wild animal collector, Fran Buck (Bruce Boxleitner), Bring'Em Back Alive is an action adventure series that ran on CBS from September 1982 to May 1983. Buck's fame came from trapping animals in the jungles of Asia and bringing ‘em back alive to the western world's circuses and zoos. Along with Tales Of The Gold Monkey, Bring 'Em Back alive was a television...

I worry about all the useless trash stored in my head :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it called "Tales of the Gold Monkey" or some such?

Around about 1981 or so, yet another "Raiders" style cash-in.
The name doesn't ring a bell but it was definitely a Raiders cash in. Here it is:

Tales of the Gold Monkey was a high-flying action with comedy, drama, romance series created by Donald Bellisario about the 1938 adventures and fortunes of seaplane pilot Jake Cutter flying his red/white Grumman Goose plane called 'Cutter's Goose', and centered in Bora Bora, Pacific. Along with his one-eyed dog Jack and best friend mechanic Corky, Jake go around Islands, usually staying on Monkey Bar where his love interest Sara Stickney White, an American spy working as bar singer in disguise., while Jake's nemesis was Japanese princess Koji with her loyal bodyguard Todo.

Grizzly Adams was a show I remember from when I was 6 or 7.
There was also a Canadian kids show on the ABC in the eighties, that was in skit format, and always ended with someone being slimed. Can't remember the name of it though.

The Samurai

Awesome show.

Impact in Australia
Though now mainly remembered by people over 45, The Samurai had a huge impact on teen and pre-teen children in Australia at the time, and it rapidly became a cult favourite, with children imitating ninja handsprings, hurling cardboard 'star knives' (shuriken) and waving imaginary swords as they played 'samurai and ninja' :eek:

Barnaby Jones
Combat
The Streets of San Francisco (not really bscure generally but was to me because I was never allowed to stay up and watch it)
Hart to Hart
A Man Called Sloane
Scarecrow and Mrs Lee
Stingray

Anyone remember the mae spin off/cash in of prisoner?

Hahaha Vidiot - it was hosted by a Dougie the pizza boy lookalike was it not? Following that show "The Ferals" was on - it was great. Until probably about 96 or 97 they cut it to a 5-minute sketch called "Feral TV" which was nothing on the full-length show.

Vidiot I believe was firstly hosted by some guy called Eden Gaha who then went to Animal Hospital, and got replaced by Scott McRae who ended up doing a couple of other kids game shows on Channel 9.

Speaking of Dougie the Pizza Boy, he was sacked from another Kids Game Show called Challenger.

Speaking of Dougie the Pizza Boy, he was sacked from another Kids Game Show called Challenger.

Which was incidentally co-hosted by the Catch Up's Zoe Sheridan.

Back when Russell Gilbert had his own show on Channel Nine, Sheridan also played the role of the show's DJ. Essentially, her role was to choose songs to go to the break with.

Yep, Letterman has Paul Shaffer and the CBS Orchestra. Russell Gilbert had this clueless bimbo.

Barnaby Jones
Combat
The Streets of San Francisco (not really bscure generally but was to me because I was never allowed to stay up and watch it)
Hart to Hart
A Man Called Sloane
Scarecrow and Mrs Lee
Stingray
Hardcastle and McCormick

Anyone remember the mae spin off/cash in of prisoner?

Punishment..with Mel Gibson :eek: and you know I can see the guys face... Mike Preston

Punishment 1981

Remove this Banner Ad

Back