Obscure TV shows you remember

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe that Peter Luck hosted a series of it as well. I remember an episode where one of the contestants was Miss Helena from Romper Room.

Has Keynotes been mentioned?

Back in high school one of our teachers appeared on Keynotes towards the end of the summer holidays. Richard Wilkins did the intro chat with him and asked him about his nickname. Teacher said his nickname to his mates was "Mad Dog", asked why and he explained it's because he likes to jump on tables.

You can imagine what happened when we all returned to school......

Article on the Herald Sun site a few days ago about Mike Whitney and Who Dares Wins and what happened to it.
Insurance crash killed it.

Paradise Beach. Ran from 1992-1993.
Gold Coast version of Beverley Hills 90210 pretty much.
As a teenager from inner Hobart at the time, the lifestyle looked pretty good and thought I must get there someday.

What about that stupid game show called "Hole in the Wall" from 2008, hosted by Jules Lund, where fat celebrities wearing spandex had to fit through a hole in the wall (funnily enough) or get pushed into a pool of water?

Amazingly it lasted for more than one episode.

Hole_60018c_2477706.gif

Canadia ruled the tween/teen TV afternoon in the 80s.
De Grassi and YCDTOT

(OK, Inspector Gadget and Monkey weren't Canadan)
Those series were sandwiched with some Aztec animated series called Cities of Gold or something similar. Anyone else remember that one?

Those series were sandwiched with some Aztec animated series called Cities of Gold or something similar. Anyone else remember that one?

Yup - loved it as a kid (like 4 or 5) - fk knows if the plot was actually any good.

Think the main character was called Sebastien

Degrassi, Mysterious Cities of Gold, YCDTOT all part of the line up on ABC's The Afternoon Show in the late 80s, early 90s, with James Valentine. Throw in the Goodies and it makes fond memories of my after school childhood. Watching The Goodies now though, is like watching the Muppets. So many innuendo jokes straight over the head as an 8yr old.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1990s- You And Me, The Jungle Book , The Son of a Gunn Show,
Early to mid 2000s- Disney's The Weekenders, Lloyd in Space and Fillmore! come to mind , as does the Australian Version of Treasure Island
More recent times- A gURLs wURLd and Worst Year of My Life Again

What about that stupid game show called "Hole in the Wall" from 2008, hosted by Jules Lund, where fat celebrities wearing spandex had to fit through a hole in the wall (funnily enough) or get pushed into a pool of water?

Amazingly it lasted for more than one episode.

I remember that show Hole In The Wall, I don't think it was on very long.

Does anyone remember the game show 'Man O Man', which I think was on in about 1993-1994 and was hosted by the late Rob Guest?

1990s- You And Me, The Jungle Book , The Son of a Gunn Show,
Early to mid 2000s- Disney's The Weekenders, Lloyd in Space and Fillmore! come to mind , as does the Australian Version of Treasure Island
More recent times- A gURLs wURLd and Worst Year of My Life Again
Can you explain more about Treasure Island? I remember this show, but can't find anything on youtube

Can you explain more about Treasure Island? I remember this show, but can't find anything on youtube
It was a survivor-esque reality TV show (but ironically , I loved Treasure Island, and yet , could never get into survivor!) which was broadcast in 2000 /in the lead up to the Sydney Olympics. The contestants had to compete in a series of tasks /clues in pursuit of a prize . They were initially divided into teams , an *East Team* and a *West Team*, but eventually the tasks became individual . There were eliminations (mostly based on votes , but some quiz -based ones too ). I was still in primary school at the time , but was captivated by the show , and was disappointed that it was never renewed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back