Observations on internal issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh ******** mate.

Just tell me, where does the money come from if not this?

And any viable ticket emerges is going to tell you exactly the same thing.

Our footy department needs a massive review and shake-up. The board needs a refresh. The admin is getting pretty scratchy.

You know, YOU are putting your biases ahead of the club. You want to burn it all down with absolutely no plan for where it goes because you don't like the social stuff.

I'm telling you now, here - if The Footy Gods appeared now and said You Can Have Four Flags IN Ten Years Like Hawthorn If You Ditch The Huddle And Get Pokies - I would personally taser every little **** out of that homework room and back into the North flats and install the machines myself.

But it is just not going to happen, it is fantasyland stuff.

Don't claim YOU love the club more than others.

You'll be one of those so called North supporters that will shrug your shoulders when it all turns to crap and exclaim, "Oh well, at least we gave it our best shot............but look at all the good work we did in the community"

Stick to making bullets for your mates.

Last edited:
You'll be one of those so called North supporters that will shrug your shoulders when it all turns to crap and exclaim, "Oh well, at least we gave it our best shot............but look at all the good work we did in the community"

Stick to making bullets for your mates.
What happened to the 'crap' comment. :(

That’s my point persons.

If you need to fill quotas your not looking for the best available person.

They hired her to make our club look all fuzzy wuzzy to the outside world which lapped it up at the time.

She is an ex lawyer. Has never played the game. Was in charge of Women’s football pathways.

And somehow is our Head of Football Operations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 667373

Yep, either based upon condescension or to openly attack another party based upon the utilisation of a false paradigm.

Of course, what cannot be precluded are the general trait characteristics that apply to gender.

1) When you artificially increase any gender representation in regards to business and administration, then you are precluding your organisationm from the best overall people from the market
2) When you artificially increase the general female representation of a population, then the trade off will inevitably lead to a decrease in aggression and risk taking. In many facets of society this results in a wonderful improvement, but when applied to an environment like an AFL football competition, it results in a significant advantage to an opposition that retains those aggressive, risk taking traits, AND BOY, is it starting to show at our footy club.

Last edited:
Rich blokes kept this club alive over the last 50 years

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Indeed they did, great people. But those days are gone.

The huddle is funded by one of our own benefactors

Indeed he does.

I'm talking about when we needed people to pay the bills to keep the lights on.

What's Kane done wrong?
Isn't that BF all over? 99% of posters have no idea of how well she does her job. She could be the best football manager in the league. Or the worst. Yet 95% of posters are happy to condemn her. Joyce and Scott are a bit harder to defend given that their key metrics are much easier for outsiders to assess. Anyway the women's team had a stellar debut season so that cancels out the failings of the men's side. On balance a decent year for Lorza.... Come at me misogynists........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that BF all over? 99% of posters have no idea of how well she does her job. She could be the best football manager in the league. Or the worst. Yet 95% of posters are happy to condemn her. Joyce and Scott are a bit harder to defend given that their key metrics are much easier for outsiders to assess. Anyway the women's team had a stellar debut season so that cancels out the failings of the men's side. On balance a decent year for Lorza....

I'm pretty sure folks are just puzzled as to how she got the job in the first place.

Come at me misogynists........

Ahhh yes, very nice pot/kettle combination.:thumbsu:

That’s my point persons.

They hired her to make our club look all fuzzy wuzzy to the outside world which lapped it up at the time.

She is an ex lawyer. Has never played the game. Was in charge of Women’s football pathways.

But you've deduced she's not the best available person purely on the fact she is female.

Also I'm not sure what relevance never having played the game has to an off-field corporate/management role?

But you've deduced she's not the best available person purely on the fact she is female.

Was she selected from an open field of candidates in the first place?

From what I can gather she was promoted internally without the position ever going to tender, so how you expect anyone to engage in a market approach to this is puzzling. All I can deduce is that she must have been some seriously magnificent operator with the Melbourne University women's team.

This reeks of an internal gender quota appointment. I'm happy to retract that position if it's proven not to be the case.

So hows this thread going toda

There was some really interesting and thoughtful discussion going on a few pages back, good reading. Passionate and intelligent people trying to work out how to fix something we all love that is a bit broken at the moment.

Unfortunately that discussion has been side tracked a bit, paranoid right wingers don't tend to raise the tone re: cultural issues. Fine to talk footy with them.

For what it's worth, what about Ponting on the board? We need someone like Geoff Walsh back to do a review.

That’s my point persons.

Head of football operations??
Really mate, I think you’re clutching at straws, unless of course we haven’t had hotels booked, wrong flights, Stayed in the wrong location.. etc

Oh FFS, its a decent size organisation, they have a HR department, that's what HR departments are called these days.
less organisation more football club 😊

There was some really interesting and thoughtful discussion going on a few pages back, good reading. Passionate and intelligent people trying to work out how to fix something we all love that is a bit broken at the moment.

Unfortunately that discussion has been side tracked a bit, paranoid right wingers don't tend to raise the tone re: cultural issues. Fine to talk footy with them.

For what it's worth, what about Ponting on the board? We need someone like Geoff Walsh back to do a review.

It is a staggering thread

Isn't that BF all over? 99% of posters have no idea of how well she does her job. She could be the best football manager in the league. Or the worst. Yet 95% of posters are happy to condemn her. Joyce and Scott are a bit harder to defend given that their key metrics are much easier for outsiders to assess. Anyway the women's team had a stellar debut season so that cancels out the failings of the men's side. On balance a decent year for Lorza.... Come at me misogynists........

Please mate, the amateurs competition does not quell our failings of the nmfc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back