Observations on internal issues?

see see

And don't forget the joker...
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Deportivo Wanka
Was she selected from an open field of candidates in the first place?
Is there a shred of evidence to the contrary?
From what I can gather she was promoted internally without the position ever going to tender, so how you expect anyone to engage in a market approach to this is puzzling. All I can deduce is that she must have been some seriously magnificent operator with the Melbourne University women's team.
Again, any proof? Seems like you're offering nothing more than an opinion based on speculation.
This reeks of an internal gender quota appointment. I'm happy to retract that position if it's proven not to be the case.
You're the one making the assertions here, how about you prove (with actual facts) that it is the case?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Val Keating

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just catching up with replay of Talking Footy and saw Tom Browne say that Ben Buckley will soon announce independent footy department review. Didn’t see it mentioned anywhere else here.
I just came here thinking I’d missed about 10 pages on the topic only to find find some completely unrelated stuff. Yours being the only post related. Gees that was tough going.

Anyway, I think it’s a good step. I was a bit worried they’d still back with their fingers crossed after beating Carlton.

lockheed

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Just catching up with replay of Talking Footy and saw Tom Browne say that Ben Buckley will soon announce independent footy department review. Didn’t see it mentioned anywhere else here.
Good. The club needs to be so much better, both on and off the field.

Although I've just checked the club's web page, and couldn't see an announcement.

big_e

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
Good. The club needs to be so much better, both on and off the field.

Although I've just checked the club's web page, and couldn't see an announcement.
Tom Browne jumping the gun a bit here, just for a change.

Listen closely and he said there is a board meeting next week. So BB is probably drafting the terms of reference, etc this week to have it signed off next week. There may never be an announcement - it becomes a news story that way when it probably shouldn't be.

LuvtheKangas

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Tom Browne jumping the gun a bit here, just for a change.

Listen closely and he said there is a board meeting next week. So BB is probably drafting the terms of reference, etc this week to have it signed off next week. There may never be an announcement - it becomes a news story that way when it probably shouldn't be.
It would be nice if the club called Tom out on this rubbish. Just a statement to the effect that the meeting agenda hadn't even been set when he came out with it. This, added to the way Riewoldt shot him down for stating something before it happened, might make more people (including his employers) start to notice that Tom's happy to make stuff up to be the first with a story.

PS - In no way am I against a full independent review. Indeed, I think it's necessary and I hope they have the balls to do it properly.

big_e

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
It would be nice if the club called Tom out on this rubbish. Just a statement to the effect that the meeting agenda hadn't even been set when he came out with it. This, added to the way Riewoldt shot him down for stating something before it happened, might make more people (including his employers) start to notice that Tom's happy to make stuff up to be the first with a story.

PS - In no way am I against a full independent review. Indeed, I think it's necessary and I hope they have the balls to do it properly.
Unless he's right....

JeanLucGoddard

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shintemaster

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
will happen at the end of the year. Wouldn't hold your breath for any great changes though. Will need the wheels to fall right off.
Mate, we're on a toboggan and sliding down a pile of excrement at great speed. No wheels involved at all.

Rad Roo

All Australian
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well if we go according to the media, we have drafted poorly between 2013 - 2017, out of the 17 players we have drafted only 4 stayed. Also we have a really **** development program. I completely agree with this as i was thinking our high performance program was severely lacking. Crocker needs to go, Mcdonald needs to go as their presence at the club meant our drafting and development strategies are very much 90s as these people came through that era when things went well for us. The 'blue collar' nature of our club is very much an issue due to the person in charge of this still thinks like the 90s. We have had quite a few very good players that never progressed beyond good, think of Atley, Bastinac, Harper, Mullet etc. We let hartung go which was still a ******** decision. We failed to recruit houli when he was leaving essendon. We cut daniel nielson which we should have kept as a succesor to thompson. So some really bad decision making along the way. But the 'boys club' at the top kinda need to be phased out. We need some new blood in the draft and development area. You can say our trade was good but that's because our drafting was **** so the holes were glaringly obvious hence getting FA is kinda easy if you know what's missing. But the fact that there were these big holes was a problem in the first place.

Top Bottom