Observations on internal issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Men.

The moment you introduce a quota of any number based on being female , you are discriminating against men.

Well speaking as man who is fully aware of history and the context of the issue and who has actually suffered discrimination all my life:

Bfd this is so trivial its a joke that you're mentioning it.

I really don't like this getting the north boys back to the club thing. This is precisely the reason that we are a basket case. Karl Lang rather play for carlton during bolten than to play for us. We need to do precisely the opposite in that we need NOT north people at our club. At the top top level, we need NON-North type who can see beyond the football club and see the market, profit and apply best practice to the overall management of the club. Compare us to AFL leaders like Hawthorn, our standard of professionalism is at least 10 behind. Our mindset is still very much that of 'play football with a bit of business' where the bigger clubs like hawthorn, collingwood, richmond is a hundred million dollar business first and foremost where their staffs happen to play afl football. This is the big shift we need to do but having failed thus far to do. There is no solution to this because given the market share due to history, we are the 10th club in Victoria. The solution to our problem will not come in the obvious manner but thinking outside of the box. Do we need to be in victoria? Does afl want us to suceed in victoria. Think from the afl side of things, if NMFC is successful it is an inconvenience, if we failed on and off the field then it is very easy for AFL to write us off and create a new club. If we can have our own turf with huge draft concession and money injected like GWS and Goldcoast, it would be something that we have never had. Gold Coast Suns should be us and if we moved back in 2007, it would have been a much more successful story. As i said once, if we don't evolve, we die. No Shaw, Jesus or even god can turn us around into a premiership winning club unless we completely die off and born again. I am actually hoping for the club to relocate to tasmania where we get 2 years of top draft concession with huge money injection. Also we have an existing academy we can develop a high end team and add it to the existing system we have. Also for * sake, get rid off these north people at the club, they are the actual problems to us becoming a fully professional club.

quota
noun
a fixed share of something that a person or group is entitled to receive or is bound to contribute.

target
noun
an objective or result towards which efforts are directed.

Just as an FYI the action plan does not mention quota once.

It mentions target.

The 40% target is not going out to spill and fill jobs to churn men for women.

It's not a 40% movement either. It's 6% given the current level of employment o women at the club.

I work in a company that has similar targets.

Men aren't overlooked for women. However things like deidentification of resumes happen.

Or ensuring that you have an equitable split of applicants of men and women.

These are practical things that occur. Having a gender action plan isn't some sort of threat hanging over the club.

Fine stick to your stuck up ways and be happy with 12th finish for the next decade.

Your posts are largely nonsense.

The idea that remaining the North Melbourne football club rather than relocating is 'stuck up ways' is pretty clear evidence of this.

Just another crap post in a tidal wave of effluent.

Hell, they'd go up a few notches in my book if they could just figure out what a paragraph is. Slabs are for beers.

Why do you follow North?

Serious question, I'm not trolling you.

Because my first game in grade 5 my coach put me at chf and got told to watch the king Carey on tv for inspiration that will improve my game. Also we were successful and play in a style that we go around and hurt ppl. Right now We are not successful and not even taking risks to become successful or even have the pussies to think about abstract strategies.

Your posts are largely nonsense.

The idea that remaining the North Melbourne football club rather than relocating is 'stuck up ways' is pretty clear evidence of this.

Hmm ahh melbourne moved and became Sydney they are alright. The portion of Sydney market they got would prob be the same as Tasmanian population.

Because my first game in grade 5 my coach put me at chf and got told to watch the king Carey on tv for inspiration that will improve my game.
I'll go out on a limb here - was the time you spent watching Carey at the expense of doing your English homework?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because my first game in grade 5 my coach put me at chf and got told to watch the king Carey on tv for inspiration that will improve my game. Also we were successful and play in a style that we go around and hurt ppl. Right now We are not successful and not even taking risks to become successful or even have the pussies to think about abstract strategies.
No worries.

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm ahh melbourne moved and became Sydney they are alright. The portion of Sydney market they got would prob be the same as Tasmanian population.

Nah mate, Melbourne didn't move. They're also known as the Demons. You can google it, they're still in the comp.

I expect you meant South Melbourne, so the above was a bit facetious. However, South Melbourne are now dead. The move killed them. Sydney is foreign to what South Melbourne was. So, what you are calling for would be the death of North Melbourne - it's pretty poorly thought out.

The children are right to laugh at you, Rad.

Well speaking as man who is fully aware of history and the context of the issue and who has actually suffered discrimination all my life:

Bfd this is so trivial its a joke that you're mentioning it.

Not to stoke the flames or anything, but speaking as a young man struggling to break into my chosen field, who earlier just this year was denied a previously promised full time job due to a newly introduced gender quota - it doesn't exactly feel trivial to me when I struggle to pay my bills.

Nah mate, Melbourne didn't move. They're also known as the Demons. You can google it, they're still in the comp.

I expect you meant South Melbourne, so the above was a bit facetious. However, South Melbourne are now dead. The move killed them. Sydney is foreign to what South Melbourne was. So, what you are calling for would be the death of North Melbourne - it's pretty poorly thought out.

Rad Roo is clearly a troll poster.

Sometimes death is the only way for rebirth. Holding onto the living only means dragging out a meagre existence. I pay my money for success. I don’t pay money to see club struggle. A true supporter base demands the best practice for the club and not go along with the sentiments that is totally not on par the current needs of the club. You tell me how the kangaroos can be number 1, I’m not interested 1; being no. 10. Can we ever get to no.1 in Vic? I don’t just want to be able to compete, I want us to dominate, have our own turf and fortress and have deep pockets. Is that going to happen with the current admin? Does afl want us to become successful in Vic as opposed to us in qld or tas. If we have relocated a decade ago, afl would do everything it could to ensure we entrench ourself over there and this would apply if we move to Tasmania because there is a grander narrative for the afl to help us. The old sent Ment of north stays in north Melbourne is a pipe dream. Let the past die, kill it if have to.

Sometimes death is the only way for rebirth. Holding onto the living only means dragging out a meagre existence. I pay my money for success. I don’t pay money to see club struggle. A true supporter base demands the best practice for the club and not go along with the sentiments that is totally not on par the current needs of the club. You tell me how the kangaroos can be number 1, I’m not interested 1; being no. 10. Can we ever get to no.1 in Vic? I don’t just want to be able to compete, I want us to dominate, have our own turf and fortress and have deep pockets. Is that going to happen with the current admin? Does afl want us to become successful in Vic as opposed to us in qld or tas. If we have relocated a decade ago, afl would do everything it could to ensure we entrench ourself over there and this would apply if we move to Tasmania because there is a grander narrative for the afl to help us. The old sent Ment of north stays in north Melbourne is a pipe dream. Let the past die, kill it if have to.

Where’s the dislike button when you need it!? Sorry Rad Roo but that’s disgraceful. Sooo we should sell our soul, our culture and supporter base to dominate at our own fortress and have success just like Gold Coast right? That’s who we’d be now if we didn’t fight the AFL and stay put. Reckon you’ve missed the boat on this one mate. You might need to start barracking for a plastic franchise instead because that’s not us and never will be!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where’s the dislike button when you need it!? Sorry Rad Roo but that’s disgraceful. Sooo we should sell our soul, our culture and supporter base to dominate at our own fortress and have success just like Gold Coast right? That’s who we’d be now if we didn’t fight the AFL and stay put. Reckon you’ve missed the boat on this one mate. You might need to start barracking for a plastic franchise instead because that’s not us and never will be!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hold your finger on the like button and the dislike button will come up.

How’s about you just do us all a favour and stop posting garbage on this forum.

With a post like that it is blatantly obvious that you aren’t a true north supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back