Observations on internal issues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Where’s the dislike button when you need it!? Sorry Rad Roo but that’s disgraceful. Sooo we should sell our soul, our culture and supporter base to dominate at our own fortress and have success just like Gold Coast right? That’s who we’d be now if we didn’t fight the AFL and stay put. Reckon you’ve missed the boat on this one mate. You might need to start barracking for a plastic franchise instead because that’s not us and never will be!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its better to be a plastic franchise with the name 'kangaroo' and symbol on it than nothing at all the way we are going. Back in the hay days, while we were the top club we were far from the best in term of the business side of things. Now we don't have the onfield success and it only take a miniture version of carlton's level of ineptness for us to be completely whipped. If carlton had been us, then our club would have been folded and sent packing by force to gold coast in 2007. If that actually happened, it wouldn't have been the worst thing because we would have gotten 2 years of top 10 draft picks, hundreds of millions of dollars of spare cash and this is added to our existing players we had at our disposal. If we are not willing to evolve or even have the awareness to think about ways to evolve then we should die. I can tell you that despite all we have done since 2007, our ship is not too far from sinking and it would take a miniture version of a downturn for the afl to close the book on us..........unless we can present to the afl that we are willing to be the instigator of the tasmanian expansion. If we can be the vanguard of official afl presence in a new territory, the afl will most definitely want us to succeed. It is much easier for expansion with an existing club than to create a new club. Our club culture has been excellent that is a selling point, just look at GC, it's a brand new club and how hard it is to stand on its feet. We already have something to go on with, the only thing we lack is money and a cluster of high draft picks. The opportunity to go to GC was this yet we elected in typical north melbourne fashion to sit and wither and die. This tasmanian venture is our last chance saloon because there isn't anymore new territories save NT but we don't have any links there. You might be happy to go down with the ship but i prefer to be on a functional ship in whatever guise.

How’s about you just do us all a favour and stop posting garbage on this forum.

With a post like that it is blatantly obvious that you aren’t a true north supporter.

True supporters are those who come up with actual solution than spamming same old useless manures with no understanding what it means.

Well speaking as man who is fully aware of history and the context of the issue and who has actually suffered discrimination all my life:

Bfd this is so trivial its a joke that you're mentioning it.

Without attacking me as you have, explain how a quota for women being employed in an organisation isn’t discrimination against men?

If you have a 30 percent female quota , a female has 100 percent opportunity for positions she can fill.

A man only has 70 percent opportunity.

Don’t hide behind supposed historical injustices or arbitrary studies , explain how my point is incorrect?

Its better to be a plastic franchise with the name 'kangaroo' and symbol on it than nothing at all the way we are going. Back in the hay days, while we were the top club we were far from the best in term of the business side of things. Now we don't have the onfield success and it only take a miniture version of carlton's level of ineptness for us to be completely whipped. If carlton had been us, then our club would have been folded and sent packing by force to gold coast in 2007. If that actually happened, it wouldn't have been the worst thing because we would have gotten 2 years of top 10 draft picks, hundreds of millions of dollars of spare cash and this is added to our existing players we had at our disposal. If we are not willing to evolve or even have the awareness to think about ways to evolve then we should die. I can tell you that despite all we have done since 2007, our ship is not too far from sinking and it would take a miniture version of a downturn for the afl to close the book on us..........unless we can present to the afl that we are willing to be the instigator of the tasmanian expansion. If we can be the vanguard of official afl presence in a new territory, the afl will most definitely want us to succeed. It is much easier for expansion with an existing club than to create a new club. Our club culture has been excellent that is a selling point, just look at GC, it's a brand new club and how hard it is to stand on its feet. We already have something to go on with, the only thing we lack is money and a cluster of high draft picks. The opportunity to go to GC was this yet we elected in typical north melbourne fashion to sit and wither and die. This tasmanian venture is our last chance saloon because there isn't anymore new territories save NT but we don't have any links there. You might be happy to go down with the ship but i prefer to be on a functional ship in whatever guise.

Agree to disagree #shinbonersforever

I may be missing something, but what I read there pertained to women getting jobs in the science and mathematics field despite a higher number of female undergraduates.

I was specifically referring to examples of women not being employed in football clubs, specifically examples at NMFC.

The biggest issue is, when you start discriminating against people to fight against discrimination (perceived or otherwise), you have already lost your way completely.
We're way off topic, but I always thought of this as hiring the best candidate, irrespective of their gender.

I'm not sure what specific evidence there is, of women not being hired at NMFC, when they may have been the best candidate, but there is no shortage of that data in the rest of the world.

I want us to build a relentless premiership winning machine, and I want the very best people in every position in the club. Frankly, I don't give a fly*** f*** if they're a bloke, a woman, or an alien. I want us to start winning premierships, and I want other clubs to speak of us with fear and awe.

Without attacking me as you have, explain how a quota for women being employed in an organisation isn’t discrimination against men?

If you have a 30 percent female quota , a female has 100 percent opportunity for positions she can fill.

A man only has 70 percent opportunity.

Don’t hide behind supposed historical injustices or arbitrary studies , explain how my point is incorrect?

Because who gives a s**t.

We're sposed to be men not whiny *en children!!!

Now if you can't handle the intent of that comment then perhaps you need to toughen up - to man up even. I'm not attacking you but I am criticising what you've said on the basis its ... not what an adult man should be thinking.

And look that's just my opinion. You're free to live your life how you want and think what you want.

Not to stoke the flames or anything, but speaking as a young man struggling to break into my chosen field, who earlier just this year was denied a previously promised full time job due to a newly introduced gender quota - it doesn't exactly feel trivial to me when I struggle to pay my bills.

Look I'm sorry that happened and I don't know the details but ask yourself this:

Did you lose your promised job to someone who was less qualified than you on the basis of that quota or not? Would they have got that job in front of you if they were a man? That's essentially what people say every time (they don't say "meh") I bring up missing jobs because of what i think was racism. And whatever the answer it is something you should do because it may be true and however much you or I don't like it they may have a point (or not, I'm not judging your situation.)

And also - you are a man. We've always had to struggle fight and put ourselves on the line for something and for what we need - to hold our place in the world. I'm sure if you keep that up you'll break into your field stronger for having pushed thru that sort of thing. It may seem a cliche but that sort of thing will make you a better, stronger more effective person if you use it right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where’s the dislike button when you need it!? Sorry Rad Roo but that’s disgraceful. Sooo we should sell our soul, our culture and supporter base to dominate at our own fortress and have success just like Gold Coast right? That’s who we’d be now if we didn’t fight the AFL and stay put. Reckon you’ve missed the boat on this one mate. You might need to start barracking for a plastic franchise instead because that’s not us and never will be!

You can block a user. I did. The thread makes no sense to me as a result, but I'm happier then if I didn't block him (or her).

These debates go like...

(1) Claim about an inappropriate way of shifting from a cultural norm (e.g. quotas for women in the workforce, welfare in some form to the aboriginal community).
(2) A response that bundles the rejection of the means with the rejection of that population (e.g. you say we shouldn't use quotas so you probably just hate women).
(3) Further entrenchment on both sides and a failure to get into the particulars of this or that method of assisting a population because it's boring if it's not a source of passion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back