Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
There's some good overreacting to the Corona-virus in the corporate world ATM.

If they applied the same logic to the road toll - none of us would be allowed to commute to the office again.

Sapiens don't understand risk
Mosquitoes are the big killers and yet they arent stopping people going to their local Chinese restaurant

Mosquitoes are the big killers and yet they arent stopping people going to their local Chinese restaurant
My memories of Loch Sport mozzies. Hopefully Coronavirus never gets there. It will never be eradicated.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
You've done one OH&S induction then you've done them all, in the construction industry.

Sit there in front of the computer for 2-3 hours watching endless, mind-numbing vid after vid - which you can't skip through mind - But you more than likely will sleep through....Then do 3-4 questions at the end of each pod (usually 8-10 of em of between 10-20 mins duration)....and if you get em wrong, you get endless goes at having another try.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's some good overreacting to the Corona-virus in the corporate world ATM.

If they applied the same logic to the road toll - none of us would be allowed to commute to the office again.

Sapiens don't understand risk
All of the measures within our company have been directed upon by Human Resources. And I get it: they don't want to lose a single worker, or it's lights out.

BTW, if you want people to hate you, just become a HSR

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All of the measures within our company have been directed upon by Human Resources. And I get it: they don't want to lose a single worker, or it's lights out.

BTW, if you want people to hate you, just become a HSR

Ha - That post of mine aged well.

Clearly I'm a Sapiens because I don't understand risk either

As more workers return to workplaces in Victoria, it is going to be interesting to see the OH&S issues unfold. Hopefully nothing major but a difficult time to be an OHS manager or HSR.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
When you go visit someone in a covid ward you suit up and then go into the sealed room
You then unsuit in that sealed room and step out into the rest of the ward/world
So you either get the virus on you in the room and deliver it to the ward/world or you have the virus on you and remove those clothes outside the ward/world.????
Seems like they need another room for disrobing and washing in ???

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haha

Trained years ago as a support worker in allied health. And we trained about masks. Sometimes we'd go into some disabled people's homes that were not clean. We were told to get the mask off as soon as we exited the premises. Even told if we're in there longer than an hour, to take short breaks outside and remove the mask..

Yep.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
In my last position there was an unwritten rule that if someone had been in the toilet longer than 10 minutes an appointed "bathroom monitor" would have to enter the bathroom and ask "is Andrew ok?".

Stemmed from a guy previous to my time having a heart attack in the toilet and nobody knowing until a day later.
Speaking to an ex-coworker and due to covid the "bathroom monitor" has been done away with. Now they have to send a message from their phone to a large screen in the office that usually displays all types of live data with "ok" if its been longer than 10 minutes. A bright green OK then flashes on the screen.

They also apparently introduced a "sneeze/cough" rule where if you sneeze/cough you have to shout your name loudly after it so an independent person can keep note of who is sneezing.

With the pandemic threat hopefully now a thing of the past (but not counting my chickens), how has OH&S been for you in the past 12 months and where do you see it going to from here?

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
Speaking to an ex-coworker and due to covid the "bathroom monitor" has been done away with. Now they have to send a message from their phone to a large screen in the office that usually displays all types of live data with "ok" if its been longer than 10 minutes. A bright green OK then flashes on the screen.

They also apparently introduced a "sneeze/cough" rule where if you sneeze/cough you have to shout your name loudly after it so an independent person can keep note of who is sneezing.
They have to take their phones into the toilet??? Yuck

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
They have to take their phones into the toilet??? Yuck
This did get changed due to people questioning the exact same thing (even though I'm sure 99% of people have their phones in the toilet with them).

They now have a motion activated automated-hands free intercom. It senses when someone arrives and the 10 minute countdown begins. At 9 minutes it gives a "warning" then at 10 minutes it asks for verbal acknowledgment which it proceeds to do every minute until the 15 minute mark where the Safety Officer is alerted and must get verbal confirmation that the person is ok.

That response time actually forms part of the Safety Officers KPI's.

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
This did get changed due to people questioning the exact same thing (even though I'm sure 99% of people have their phones in the toilet with them).

They now have a motion activated automated-hands free intercom. It senses when someone arrives and the 10 minute countdown begins. At 9 minutes it gives a "warning" then at 10 minutes it asks for verbal acknowledgment which it proceeds to do every minute until the 15 minute mark where the Safety Officer is alerted and must get verbal confirmation that the person is ok.

That response time actually forms part of the Safety Officers KPI's.
Are you having me on?

Back