Freo Hitman

Premiership Player
Mar 9, 2003
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I can Feel it in the air more than Macho Man Randy Savage.

This last week Belly rolled into town and assumed a role quite a few assumed was flawed process .
And in 5 Magnificent Days it may be fair too assume he may be the most hated figure in the AFL at the moment.
Peter Bell …. We salute you!!!

In the last week ,
Belly has broken Brissys and Neales resolve to believe they would be a holy and a $900k per season matrimony
He has skittled Melbournes desires of having May
He has dined and obviously spiked the wine at the Port Adelaide dinner date.
Barretts talking s**t
Gary Lyons acting like he's been hit
Ross Lyons on a diet
Like Van der Weilen looking for another client.
Suddenly got a nice hand at the draft , and Neales still in the gun.

Magic Work Belly - Keep it up !!

I have to agree. Think we will look back at this as the real turning point. Greatest recruit this offseason will end up being Bell.

During the trade period all the journos are trying to create emotional narratives. I particularly liked when after the trade radio boys had said that Freo supporters would be confused or angry they had 3 freo fans call in a row saying how they approved of the direction and leadrship of Bell.

Trade period land is full of media personalities trying to trigger fans for the sake of creating a story. We get confused because the old way of being a journalist was informing the public of the way things are.

I like that Peter Bell is willing to make rational decisions without worrying about how it will be spun. Kind of the opposite of our time under Connolly and Schwab.

I think Belly is doing the best for the club because he is doing the most boring thongs possible. Kind of like how you know how good a smoothie is for you based on how bad it tastes.
Me: Hogan is coming!!!
Belly: we can't afford that, son. Put it back on the shelf.

Me: Superdraft! Super 7! We can get both King Twins or trade up to get Lukosious!
Belly: Settle down we are keeping Lachie Neale. And whats more it will be prudent to trade pick 6 for school supplies and health insurance.

images (8).jpeg

Last edited:
I posted something similar in the Rosich list manager thread. The next few weeks are crucial..and it’s fair to say belly and Rosich are both intelligent people and I think they’ll do well turning this ship around.

I do hope we get Hogan on the cheap still, even though his off field stuff is dodgy...I’m 50/50 on him now!

Gone early on the thread, I don’t think anyone knows how the next 3 days will play out yet.

Good to see we aren’t rolling over, but we didn’t last year either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back