Racing October Daily Punt: Plates / Cups and Corona Virus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon man, it was a short neck and maybe 5m more of track away catching Nature Strip (who'd had a far softer lead than anyone expected) in the hardest sprint there is. Like sure, may never win again what do I know, but he's perfectly capable of winning any sprint race in Australia on his day.

Of all the sprinters going around I'd almost say he's the one that needs to worry about the strength of the field least, he's his own worst enemy.

Yes he can win races but he needs absolutely everything to go right and even then when it gets to the true top level there are a normally a couple who are far more tractable and also better than him.

Yes he can win races but he needs absolutely everything to go right and even then when it gets to the true top level there are a normally a couple who are far more tractable and also better than him.

Don't disagree with any of this, I think it's more just the 'weak field' comment I was disagreeing with. It's far more the type of horse to run over the top of the best sprinters going around when things go right, but also be a 'certainty beaten' time after time against C-graders

Don't disagree with any of this, I think it's more just the 'weak field' comment I was disagreeing with. It's far more the type of horse to run over the top of the best sprinters going around when things go right, but also be a 'certainty beaten' time after time against C-graders

Has he ever run over the top of a top class sprinting field though?

You don't need to have done something before to be capable of doing it, and the Everest clearly showed he is imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back