Racing October Daily Punt: Plates / Cups and Corona Virus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fine
but our milers are equal to theirs, and their mid rangers are not good enough,. Very confident he wont finish top 6

Lol our milers are nowhere near there’s and would get absolutely spanked if ever taking on the good ones.

Like Jug said the problem for them here is that LOI wants shorter (and wet) and Maximal wants further (they should have gone to the Cox Plate). Even with those negatives they may just be too good for them here like we saw with a moderate Group 3 horse winning the Cox Plate

The Sydney 3yo staying form has looked much stronger to my eye. Double figures about Alegron is an easy play. I could throw in Raging Bull and Clyde @ 100/1 and 200/1 for a real sicko first 4 too.

Gunstock looks to have everything here covered. Dont want to back anything out of the Vase. Questionable form and looked a real gut buster

The Sydney 3yo staying form has looked much stronger to my eye. Double figures about Alegron is an easy play. I could throw in Raging Bull and Clyde @ 100/1 and 200/1 for a real sicko first 4 too.

Gunstock looks to have everything here covered. Dont want to back anything out of the Vase. Questionable form and looked a real gut buster
I can’t really see much to tie in the form except Patton, who got lapped in the Vase. I think the winner of the Spring Champions is a nice horse but the second fave went amiss and the Flight winner came second. The filly she narrowly beat went down and was uncompetitive in the Thousand Guineas. Good luck, but I’m looking past the Sydney colts.

I can’t really see much to tie in the form except Patton, who got lapped in the Vase. I think the winner of the Spring Champions is a nice horse but the second fave went amiss and the Flight winner came second. The filly she narrowly beat went down and was uncompetitive in the Thousand Guineas. Good luck, but I’m looking past the Sydney colts.

Agreed. Profondo had panels on them and would have been a moral but isn’t here and the rest are walkers. I’d be looking at the Geelong Classic quinella if you want a different form angle. Forgot You the clear class runner. Should be to good for them if it gets the trip but always a query.

Neesham import Top Rank still $51 on sportsbet for the Classique Legend (been hit already on TAB and Lads) - definitely more of a miler but $50s much too big a price if it lines up (obviously still doubtful to some extent) and won't start anywhere near that - worth a small nibble
Into 13s. As always a step ahead.

Agree with Jug's concerns re Vase form - looks very questionable, especially on the quick back up. The last 400 was a crawl, it could have completely gassed them.

It's a shame Gunstock drew such a bad gate because if he drew a half decent one he would be a complete and utter certainty (and still might be)

Problem is for Gunstock if that Waterhouse horse doesn't run there doesn't look to be a whole heap of speed on paper? Who leads?

But sometimes when there isn't a lot of speed on paper in these big races they end up going hammer and tongs - so i have no idea!!!

Durston $14 vs Mankayan $4.50 doesnt seem to make a whole lot of sense on their last start

Utterly absurd price for Mankayan. Hasn’t it been found out as a complete and utter fraud?!

Agree with Jug's concerns re Vase form - looks very questionable, especially on the quick back up. The last 400 was a crawl, it could have completely gassed them.

It's a shame Gunstock drew such a bad gate because if he drew a half decent one he would be a complete and utter certainty (and still might be)

Problem is for Gunstock if that Waterhouse horse doesn't run there doesn't look to be a whole heap of speed on paper? Who leads?

But sometimes when there isn't a lot of speed on paper in these big races they end up going hammer and tongs - so i have no idea!!!

Character, Gundec, Clyde the 3 that go forward i reckon. I reckon Gunstock tries to sit in the first 5 or so himself so the lack of pace wouldnt be a huge issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think derbies you get the old long shot that the connections think stays.Tries to turn it into “staying test” before they fail the ability test at the 600m.Can come out of nowhere because no one wants to burn a horse for a lead up race. I’m trying to recall previous slow derbies but can only think of oaks’. Or the old 1600m horse caught in front and gets keen. Not sure if an anomaly or something to read into or I’m making things up.
Cox Plates, big handicaps and derbies can rely on true tempo on aconsistent basis because they’re big races.

I’d hesitate before backing Durston in an All-in market for the Hotham

Dead set the last race you'd be betting all in on the card - could be a field of 16 or a field of 6

Don’t understand why they run Daisies and Kap in the Wakeful when their grand final is Thursday. They already have 2000m under their belt. Just to put more miles in their legs?

Don’t understand why they run Daisies and Kap in the Wakeful when their grand final is Thursday. They already have 2000m under their belt. Just to put more miles in their legs?

Probably because the double has been done about 30 times

Any news on Elusive Express? Not in the Wakeful or the Empire Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back