Not open for further replies.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
They manage things well in Europe. Two 2yo group one events, one in England, one in France and they clash

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have to say watching the replay that was a terrific run by the Russian. Four wide around the first bend and then up on a strong tempo. No issue with the ride, they rode him like a good thing, but he was exposed early and left a sitting shot for two very good horses. Toughed it out really well.

Only a lightly raced NH 3yo so lots to look forward to, especially those wet tracks in Sydney. I see they’re heading to the Cup, don’t think he can win.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have to say watching the replay that was a terrific run by the Russian. Four wide around the first bend and then up on a strong tempo. No issue with the ride, they rode him like a good thing, but he was exposed early and left a sitting shot for two very good horses. Toughed it out really well.

Only a lightly raced NH 3yo so lots to look forward to, especially those wet tracks in Sydney. I see they’re heading to the Cup, don’t think he can win.
in retrospect he should have gone back but i still dont think he could have won. Our WFA horses are woeful pure and simple

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Weekend thoughts
Sydney
Rc4 - Interesting 3yo race top 3 in the market look to be nice horses
Rc5- Criaderas wasn't that impressive for mine winning last start especially factoring in Bottega (who is f*n sh*t) carried 59kg. Happy to play the best horse in the race Ranier who is out in the market due to his weight. Cuba was shocking last start but maybe back to Sydney it can lift so will play it too.

MV Friday
Rc4 Its the race So Si Bon should win so while tipping him can't bet much on him
Rc7 Market has obviously found it so not saying much but Titan Blinders with that Gold Sovereign form looks pretty hard to beat alongside Beehunter who may have come back a better horse at 4
Rc8 Kem finished alongside Trekking 1st up last time off a big break. First up run was excellent. Get on. So Si Bon / Kem all up !!Hey Doc a good chance. Good little Group 2 race.

MV Sat
Rc1 Unless Free of Debt comes back a star or it pisses down run Ancestry will just be winning. Good way to start the day
Rc3 Thought Bella Nipotina finished behind what seem to be the best fillies to must be right in this
Rc5 Probably a step up for Soveriegn Award but DDD trained off and Greysful Glamour and lesser extent Paradee drawn awful SovereignAwardwill be hard to beat.
Rc6 Homesman last time he was 1st up beaten 2L by TAK and VE.Nothing else in the field getting that result (KWD at his best but been shocking past 2). Drawn fine - if he has come back as a 7yo he wins for fun.
Not a good Friday night but an excellent Saturday. If only Bella Nipotina didnt sit 3 wide the trip would have been a massive collect.

Phaistos deserves to be favourite but couldn't take a $1.80 about him. Romancer at $6.50 / $2 looks a good e/w chance to me.

You odds on a Dogolphin on a Heavy 10 - leave me out. Would rather punt on something like LEGIONNAIRE getting through the Heavy first time he sees it.

Reveen

Team Captain
Feb 18, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
not GWS
Just randomly tuned in and saw a race with half the field having the same redundant first name - not sure which is worse - the Mishani's of the Sunshine Coast or the Gee Gee's of Launceston. This isn't greyhound racing FFS.

1603596182840.png

Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
Just randomly tuned in and saw a race with half the field having the same redundant first name - not sure which is worse - the Mishani's of the Sunshine Coast or the Gee Gee's of Launceston. This isn't greyhound racing FFS.

View attachment 994761
The Craigleas up in North Queensland have disappeared

The Craigleas up in North Queensland have disappeared

If I ever win the $100m powerball draw I am going to start rolling out the poi pois

Complete Poi Poi
Utter Poi Poi
Poi Polloi
Poispetar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawksboy72

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Philly Eagles
Is Tiger Moth "Unders" in the Cup ATM??
6/1 For a horse having it's 5th start in a race. I understand he maybe a good horse and has form with AVD, But Jesus would you back a 2yo first start in a Golden Slipper??
I think it should be 8/1 each of VE, AVD & SD.

6/1 For a horse having it's 5th start in a race. I understand he maybe a good horse and has form with AVD, But Jesus would you back a 2yo first start in a Golden Slipper??
Good question and we have a whole thread dedicated to the Melb Cup.

Try in there.

If Enthaar had gone straight to to the slipper I'd probably back it at 6/1.

It has no weight and was dominant last start and comes here completely unexposed. Bookies aren't going to risk it.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rare lay from me, Massimo in the Northam cup has had setbacks this prep struggles to find the rail which is where the winner will come from. Money Matters probably crosses Dance Music and Massimo sits outside it in the breeze 2nd or 3rd. Don't think he runs 1600 and is travelling first time except non start kalg on what is a warm day.

Currently getting backed into 2.50, have it 6s. Yeah Dardy overs at 31s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back