Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gavin Excell

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Flit is the lay of the century in the Wakeful. Hardly ran 1600m last start not going to run 2000m with at least 3kgs more than the rest of the field. Another puzzling placement by Cummings/Godolphin
At one stage they were talking Cox Plate so if that was serious Wakeful should be a simple job BUT not sure things all on song here

Mazza1234678

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Flit is the lay of the century in the Wakeful. Hardly ran 1600m last start not going to run 2000m with at least 3kgs more than the rest of the field. Another puzzling placement by Cummings/Godolphin
Ride was revolting though

Should of won in a canter

Extra distance is a query

99 Problems

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Shadow Hero was $2.50 Derby couple of weeks ago

Wins Spring Champion and horse it beats- Castlevechio runs a blunder Cox Plate- yet its blowing like a gale to $3.50

What's going on?
Partly because nothing else had really put themselves in the frame as major competition at that stage, but mainly because corps can bet to whatever % they want in futures markets. Now they’re getting to at least a somewhat competitive %, and come Saturday Betfair will get that close enough to to 100% at the jump.

iluvparis

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Shadow Hero was $2.50 Derby couple of weeks ago

Wins Spring Champion and horse it beats- Castlevechio runs a blunder Cox Plate- yet its blowing like a gale to $3.50

What's going on?
Old mate that threw of Meechy has told everyone his horse is a dead cert #hypemerchant

Wouldn't worry about it - Ace High bolted in at $7 off the exact same prep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iluvparis

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Ace High had beaten a number of horses he was going to clash already
Ace High didn’t face opposition that bolted in in their previous starts
yes and he still started $7!?! That's why I wouldn't worry about the drift

He also wasn't still trying to break his maiden in bumfu** Idaho two starts ago

FallingLiefs

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We aren’t doing this spring 3yos OHR thing again are we. Much more compressed than the OHR provides which is why these are generally SWP or SW.

Jugada

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Three horses I want to be backing in the Lexus

Downdraft with the strong international form was just out sprinted in a slowly run race last time. But form still better than these.

Sound coming through the G1s with Caulfield Cup form is better than most here and isn't going all that bad. Should have finished a length closer at Caulfield too if he didn't get belted by 2 horses in the straight

Carif at 16s is ridiculous coming through the St Leger form line. Sat 3 wide no cover the trip and still ran 2nd. Give me him EW over your market favs coming through that race

iluvparis

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Downdraft easily for me - Sound is going awful as it has its entire time in Australia - give it none. Carif price is fair - St Leger form very very much second teir.

Jugada

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Only went down 4 lengths in a CC after getting clobbered. It's just not a G1 horse but going around in G1 races. This looks very winnable though

iluvparis

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 1, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Only went down 4 lengths in a CC after getting clobbered. It's just not a G1 horse but going around in G1 races. This looks very winnable though
Not for it - chances there is not a couple better in here are extremely thin. Plenty only went down 4 lengths in the CC who i don't rate. Has finished second half of the field in 80% of its races in Australia - impossible to have.

Jugada

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Not for it - chances there is not a couple better in here are extremely thin. Plenty only went down 4 lengths in the CC who i don't rate. Has finished second half of the field in 80% of its races in Australia - impossible to have.
Yeah because every single start he has had here has been at G1 level. This race is pretty garbage, each way I don't think you could do much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom