Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2012
South Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NE Patriots, Manchester United
The official home of Paris' 'Lys Gracieux for the Cox Plate' Bandwagon

Can't wait to run this month's thread past 100 pages once Lindsey Smith rubs his bullshit dust together and plucks out a Group 1 for some plodder like Great Again (Actually, bad example)

Some boring highlights this month:

5th October: The Bart Cummings (MC Exemption) & Turnbull Stakes (Flemington), Epsom Handicap, Flight Stakes & The Metropolitan (Randwick)
11th October: The Hotham (Ballarat)
12th October: Schillachi Stakes (Everest slot) Caulfield Stakes, Toorak Handicap, Caulfield Guineas, & The 1000 Guineas (The Heath), Spring Champion Stakes (Randwick)
19th October: Caulfield Cup (The Heath), The Everest, The Kosciuszko (Randwick)
25th October: Manikato Stakes (Death Valley)
26th October: Lys Gracieux wins the Cox Plate (Death Valley), Hold on, what the * is the Bondi Stakes? (Randwick)

Last edited:

The last relevant caulfield guineas winner in the stallion ring was....? All about the Golden Rose/Coolmore these days. amazing transition.

Haha TAS my bad.

Fair call...if it wasn't for TAS I'd borderline be calling for it to be downgraded to Group 2 - especially with the dross that looks like lining up this year.

The only possible explanation is to separate their fillies. Try win both because Bivouac won't be there and their colts are not that good.

Hope your best can beat the boys and second best (Lyre?) can beat the girls.

The Metrop yet again dishes up a pathetic field. How this is considered a group 1 race with the class of winners in recent memory I will never know.

Epsom:
Dreamforce barrier 20
Te Akau Shark 16
Kolding 13
Crikey. Dreamforce no hope from there? I thought it was a race in 3 but those barriers. Yikes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprise Baby opens at $3 for the BC on saturday, immediately goes into $2.80-$2.70-now $2.50. Will be odds on come Saturday at this rate.

Crikey. Dreamforce no hope from there? I thought it was a race in 3 but those barriers. Yikes

going to lead anyway - just how many want to challenge him for it - would be worse if he was a horse that likes to settle midfield or something where he ends up getting posted the trip

The query for Dreamforce is at the end of a quick mile under the top weight from the wide gate
Brings the best formlines though and if he gets across easily will almost certainly be in the finish

Went ok over the quick mile with equal top weight last start

Surprise Baby opens at $3 for the BC on saturday, immediately goes into $2.80-$2.70-now $2.50. Will be odds on come Saturday at this rate.

Obviously the boys have been in the yard

Early thoughts
Epsom - Dreamforce with 57 should still be too good off two cracking runs this time in, the last dominant ex Avi at WFA - if it is at all rails/leadery should just win and plenty of these miles won by high weights in recent years; Shark the obvious danger
Metrop - yuk - i'll just stick with Stampede - zero confidence - any camel could win; hopefully something romps in and starts poison in the Caulfield Cup
Flight - #teamfunstar

I work with a bloke that owns Vital Silver, he will be heading across to contest the Gilgai stakes this weekend & says it's absolutely primed to go. Currently 26s all in on SB, can WA pinch another one? I'm also on the LG CP bandwagon :thumbsu:

I work with a bloke that owns Vital Silver, he will be heading across to contest the Gilgai stakes this weekend & says it's absolutely primed to go. Currently 26s all in on SB, can WA pinch another one? I'm also on the LG CP bandwagon :thumbsu:
ah s**t here we go again.jpg

Infamously rolled Galaxy Star first up last prep so that reads well... . For mine he's a touch below Special Reward and has gone the harder route. This one I wouldn't be surprised if a riot start up on course if it beats home Santa Ana Lane. That said he's a stack better than Pushin' Shapes from last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back