IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Saxon Warrior is a very good horse

Aiden O'Brien also breaks the record for number of group 1 wins in a season.

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Woeful day yesterday..

Need something during the week!

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Further developments. Metting abandoned. Group 1 race was on the card too. I think most of the entries in the race were British.

This reminds me of the famous Barrier Attendants strike at Caulfield

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Take their licenses

If you want to protest then don't run your own horses but dont stuff things up for others - many of which have travelled from overseas

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
E31DCFB4-8A59-4F13-973A-D2B7E605591C.jpeg

That’s interesting. I think it would be in your best interests to look into some type of incremental velocity rating rather than just a number that you already admit is wrong. It would still be a rating, just a more accurate one. You could call it a Correct Unanimous Number Tester. And then use that number against some sort of Benchmark.

I could act as your hype man, to ease our way in I suggest we have a review show, showcasing how clever we are and we could give out free mugs. ‘duritz and Wattsy #1 Correct Unanimous Number Tester Show’ Please PM to discuss further. Duritz

Geez everyone does their nut on their Royal Catphony place bets and the thread gets locked before I can even get back to comment :D

Once the champ cruised to the lead I started watching Royal Catphony one batting away like a VRC St Leger horse under a huge pressure with a big smile on my face. Thought I'd check back to the front of the race to see how far Winxy was in front by and was like:

hKxwDMr.gif

Seriously though - not surprised that none of you who had RS as raging fave Winx out haven't even conceded you completely got it wrong in what was a laughable misread of a horse by people whose opinion I would generally rate. And as usual no accountability from those who are happy to dish it out but overlook their own inept calls :thumbsdown:

Unsurprisingly being well held in restricted 3yo grade in an awful male crop wasn't anywhere near good enough to get close to a place in a Cox Plate.

As for Winx - despite running another track record - the fact she hadn't put 5+ on the likes of Gailo and Folkswood by the 200 suggests to me she was well below her best. Humi is a strange beast but has run fully up to his MD/Oz Cup best for mine.

Last edited:
Grumpy Paris must be at the valley cheering on his boy Catauqua.

Never been so happy to see a horse scratched at the gates :D - SUCKED IN YOU CAT!!!!

Vega super disappointing after getting stage fright under the lights - I'd have huge question marks around that Memsie rating now - think there's a huge chance it never gets to that level again.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Never been so happy to see a horse scratched at the gates :D - SUCKED IN YOU CAT!!!!

Vega super disappointing after getting stage fright under the lights - I'd have huge question marks around that Memsie rating now - think there's a huge chance it never gets to that level again.
He was disappointing. BUT if ever there was an excuse run that was it. Was a huge delay at the start, he missed the start slightly then got hunted up and then got poleaxed by the winner. Also his first run at that cow paddock and some horses just don;t handle it. You cannot write off a horse with his record after one bad run!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
He was disappointing. BUT if ever there was an excuse run that was it. Was a huge delay at the start, he missed the start slightly then got hunted up and then got poleaxed by the winner. Also his first run at that cow paddock and some horses just don;t handle it. You cannot write off a horse with his record after one bad run!

He didn’t call it Vega Cat so I guess there is some chance of reprisal.

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
View attachment 432993

That’s interesting. I think it would be in your best interests to look into some type of incremental velocity rating rather than just a number that you already admit is wrong. It would still be a rating, just a more accurate one. You could call it a Correct Unanimous Number Tester. And then use that number against some sort of Benchmark.

I could act as your hype man, to ease our way in I suggest we have a review show, showcasing how clever we are and we could give out free mugs. ‘duritz and Wattsy #1 Correct Unanimous Number Tester Show’ Please PM to discuss further. Duritz

Love the acronym... Nearly spat out my breakfast in this cafe...

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Geez everyone does their nut on their Royal Catphony place bets and the thread gets locked before I can even get back to comment :D

Once the champ cruised to the lead I started watching Royal Catphony one batting away like a VRC St Leger horse under a huge pressure with a big smile on my face. Thought I'd check back to the front of the race to see how far Winxy was in front by and was like:

hKxwDMr.gif

Seriously though - not surprised that none of you who had RS as raging fave Winx out haven't even conceded you completely got it wrong in what was a laughable misread of a horse by people whose opinion I would generally rate. And as usual no accountability from those who are happy to dish it out but overlook their own inept calls :thumbsdown:

Unsurprisingly being well held in restricted 3yo grade in an awful male crop wasn't anywhere near good enough to get close to a place in a Cox Plate.

As for Winx - despite running another track record - the fact she hadn't put 5+ on the likes of Gailo and Folkswood by the 200 suggests to me she was well below her best. Humi is a strange beast but has run fully up to his MD/Oz Cup best for mine.

Read mcevoys comments re Oliver's tactics on happy slapper and how the champ RS has pulled up. He's lucky to be alive. It's worse than stormogate.

#noexcuses

Race just continued to reinforce what I've be saying for 2-3 years - our current sprinters are a moderate lot and they just keep taking turns. When not one sprinter in Oz could beat a horse dropping back from 1600m it says a lot.

I am just going to say one thing. The laws of racing say that you have to be a length and a half clear of a horse before you can cross it. Hey Doc was 3/4 of a length clear and hence not adhering to the laws. He poleaxed VM who interfered with IHT. IF he had to work a bit more to get to the lead if he followed the rules, he might have weakened quicker at the end and either IHT or Malaguerra wins. Not talking through the pocket, it just pisses me off that they have laws but let the jockeys do what they like. That protest should have 100 percent been upheld even though i know it was never going to be, and if they upheld races like this more often we would get way less interference in races as jockeys would know it would cost them races.
and Terry Bailey is Worlds worst caller. makes me hate watching races with the sound up. He is that bad.

Sadly THE LAWS also say that a protest can't be overturned unless the horse protesting would have finished in front of the horse causing the interference. If you want horses to be DQ'd for breaking the rules bet in the states. Every jurisdiction is moving away from those rules though and towards ours - rightly so.

Lol your constant need to make outlandish statements is embarrassing :$

But no Happy Clapper > Pinker Pinker

...and Royal Symphony despite being just 3 is almost certainly a much better horse than Pinker Pinker too

I'm sorry but as a lover of #thegreatgame this is the kind of absolute putrid garbage that gets me riled up. Pinker Pinker won a Cox Plate and was placed in an Epsom. Royal Catphony has been well held in a Guineas and Guineas prelude by the likes of Perast and Mighty Boss. He hasn't even dominated in a pathetic year for 3yo males.

I respect Jug but to say he is better than Pinker Pinker suggests you have NFI about the game mate - that is a putrid comment I'd expect from the likes of Liefz and you should know better.

I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul :thumbsu:

Its only terrible if you're a slow learner

It's terrible for those who want every horse to have their chance - some people actually care about the fabric of the game rather than punting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back