Racing October Daily Punt - *Derby Day to finish us off *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melody Belle has 10 or 11, What about Classique Legend? he is the best sprinter in the world. If VE is the best horse in Australia why isnt it in an absolute shitfest of a Cox Plate?

I'm just saying he's referring to the mare linbred to Cothele House through Zed, a Clydesdale outcross. Despite being well bred, it is in no way commercial kudos to the breeder for excellent work really. Breeders were following her and Mystic Journey for a while because they were somewhat exotic and effective. It will get lost on punters but a lot of planning went into VE/MJ not just a random stallion for the mare that got lucky to produce.

Melody Belle is yet to win a open sex race in Australia and her personal best remains a 2L victory over Aristia on a mud track down the highway at flemington and CL not worlds best sprinter (don't shoot the messenger)

Last edited:
Australian bred "stayers", not sure what you expect. Once the Tavistocks disappear which is soon given that he died we are going to see a Derby full of Flying Arties and Capatilists. They might struggle to finish
AVD done well in a Caulfield Cup and beating Stradivarius! Bur yes you are correct.

I'm just saying he's referring to the mare linbred to Cothele House through Zed, a Clydesdale outcross. Despite being well bred, it is in no way commercial kudos to the breeder for excellent work really. Breeders were following her and Mystic Journey for a while because they were somewhat exotic and effective. It will get lost on punters but a lot of planning went into VE/MJ not just a random stallion for the mare that got lucky to produce.

Melody Belle is yet to win a open sex race in Australia and her personal best remains a 2L victory over Aristia on a mud track down the highway at flemington and CL not worlds best sprinter (don't shoot the messenger)
who is the best sprinter in the world? (and i agree with you on VE's breeding by the way. Its one of the few where thinking has gone into it) . If only all breeders had some forethought we might actually have some decent horses instead of dross

Can't count AVD, cape of good hope, next you will tell me we can't count baby Atlantic Jewels or Woman.
do you really want to count COGH though? I dont think Kingston Rule counted as Aussie bred either even though he was spefically bred to European time for Australian racing,. Still waiting on your best sprinter in the world... I want to crush your horse when you name the one I think you will pick.

Greg Mance has passed away. Many would be familiar with the name due to Windsor Smith shoes and it’s controversial ads. To those in racing the connection is Cole Diesel & Oppressor

Greg Mance has passed away. Many would be familiar with the name due to Windsor Smith shoes and it’s controversial ads. To those in racing the connection is Cole Diesel & Oppressor

He is probably already rolling over in his grave looking at some of the horses the 'committee' have let run this year after sticking their noses up at Cole Diesel.

do you really want to count COGH though? I dont think Kingston Rule counted as Aussie bred either even though he was spefically bred to European time for Australian racing,. Still waiting on your best sprinter in the world... I want to crush your horse when you name the one I think you will pick.

I said don't shoot the messenger!!!

And before you say there all s**t anywhere on that side of the globe, Battaash is the best they've had for a while. He has everyone for consistency including my boy Nature Strip. Gran Alegria will be interesting to see where she slots in too.

I'd like Classique to continue winning or win a G1 before we start declaring things.

I said don't shoot the messenger!!!

And before you say there all sh*t anywhere on that side of the globe, Battaash is the best they've had for a while. He has everyone for consistency including my boy Nature Strip. Gran Alegria will be interesting to see where she slots in too.

I'd like Classique to continue winning or win a G1 before we start declaring things.
lol Not shooting but Battaash is the one who i thought you would say, Just noting that he has not won past 1100m and going through Houtzen his form is not that great given Houtzen is not top a top 5 sprinter in Australia when she was here. Also found it interesting that he is a 6yo gelding and has not raced outside Europe. Given the prizemoney offered elsewhere its strange he hasnt travelled.
I dont rate Japanese sprinting either, they fail when they come to Australia barring Brave Smash and he was a middle distance horse turned sprinter. Australia still has the best but not sure which one is clearly the best, NS up to 1100m maybe and then any number over 1200m,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Not shooting but Battaash is the one who i thought you would say, Just noting that he has not won past 1100m and going through Houtzen his form is not that great given Houtzen is not top a top 5 sprinter in Australia when she was here. Also found it interesting that he is a 6yo gelding and has not raced outside Europe. Given the prizemoney offered elsewhere its strange he hasnt travelled.
I dont rate Japanese sprinting either, they fail when they come to Australia barring Brave Smash and he was a middle distance horse turned sprinter. Australia still has the best but not sure which one is clearly the best, NS up to 1100m maybe and then any number over 1200m,

I'd have NS as our best if CL repeats this for another season its all him but even NS had some outstanding preps, I don't rate the NH horses either in fact it annoys me that timeform could give that ridiculous ranking to Pinatubo over the sprint course but none of ours deserve it, Battaash is well above average there.

Just like the fact we cannot produce middle distance horses but still produce the best mare* of the last decade in the world over 1600-2400m without travelling, Europe can also produce the best sprinter spasmodically. It won't be long until we see our next world champ.

*Fact

On the sprinters, he has been little heralded but thought Bivouac was a nice run and looked to validate that newmarket that was effortless. We get to see him down the straight next for the first time since he put 3.5L on peak Gytrash.

He's a good horse I promise

I'd have NS as our best if CL repeats this for another season its all him but even NS had some outstanding preps, I don't rate the NH horses either in fact it annoys me that timeform could give that ridiculous ranking to Pinatubo over the sprint course but none of ours deserve it, Battaash is well above average there.

Just like the fact we cannot produce middle distance horses but still produce the best mare* of the last decade in the world over 1600-2400m without travelling, Europe can also produce the best sprinter spasmodically. It won't be long until we see our next world champ.

*Fact
haha i like the footnote. But is it a fact? we will never know and thats a shame

On the sprinters, he has been little heralded but thought Bivouac was a nice run and looked to validate that newmarket that was effortless. We get to see him down the straight next for the first time since he put 3.5L on peak Gytrash.

He's a good horse I promise
He is good but i have a feeling being an entire is against him and why he is a little erratic now. The Everest was a bit of an anomaly of a race given how Eduardo raced and they were so spread out. A few horses didnt go well like Libertini who was wide without cover all race even though she raced back. WE might see some form reversals if they all race together again

Anyone have an opinion on the Geelong cup meeting today? I don’t know enough about some of the internationals going around.

Normally its absolutely mad leaders/rails the whole day and don't think I have had a winning day at this meeting....ever.

Basically for the Cup you either like the French form (I don't) or you back the UK form (Le Don De Vie) or Steel Prince. I'll be on LDDV but not surprised to see Steel hammered in betting already - looks in great form.

Got love to this from the LOLZ Bloodstock hype train

Err how is he getting in to the Melbourne Cup if this is a prep run and he needs to win to make the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back