Racing October Daily Punt - *Derby Day to finish us off *

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenfiddich was heading for the Cox Plate, now running in the Coolmore.....

I believe it is being renamed the Praying For A Miracle Form Turnaround Stakes this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has the Golden Eagle affected the depth of some of the Derby Day fields?

*In before you say the depth of Australian Racing is utter dogsh*t.
The Yes Yes Yes has affected it more. A couple of those from the GE would deserve a spot in the Cantala or the Empire Rose but I wouldn’t have any of them winning it. A 7.5 million dollar joke.

it was put in to affect them by that idiot Vlandys. This race serves no other purpose
And to throw huge sums of money at races internationals are unlikely to come and pinch. Like the ever increasing numbers of big money 2yo races. A sort of protection racket for our dismal breeding industry.

Has the Golden Eagle affected the depth of some of the Derby Day fields?

*In before you say the depth of Australian Racing is utter dogsh*t.

Yes to both :)

A bunch of the girls would be in the Empire Rose and the boys would be in the Cantala.

The Yes Yes Yes has affected it more. A couple of those from the GE would deserve a spot in the Cantala or the Empire Rose but I wouldn’t have any of them winning it. A 7.5 million dollar joke.

You wouldn't have Funstar winning the Empire Rose? She'd be fave.

The YYY only impacts the Darley on the final day anyway.

You wouldn't have Funstar winning the Empire Rose? She'd be fave.

The YYY only impacts the Darley on the final day anyway.
Only had a quick look but Waller looks to have about 14 of his Epsom runners in the YYY, who you’d normally imagine the Cantala. But yes Gytrash will be a glaring omission from the Darley.

i would also argue AB and Funstar would have gone to the Cox Plate. Both had zero chance but they deserve a run in front of Mugatoo and some of the other handicrappers

Mugatoo did run very well though, was hardly a great edition though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back