PC Oculus Rift

Remove this Banner Ad

Just tried one of these. A mate has DK2. Very very very cool, much potential. Like most don't think you can use it for long before getting sick (mate says many people who he's had try it complain of headaches).

Just tried one of these. A mate has DK2. Very very very cool, much potential. Like most don't think you can use it for long before getting sick (mate says many people who he's had try it complain of headaches).

Yeah definitely a tricky issue to deal with, not sure what they can do other than fine tune the movement to as close to 1:1 as possible. The brain doesn't like not knowing where exactly the body is.

Yeah definitely a tricky issue to deal with, not sure what they can do other than fine tune the movement to as close to 1:1 as possible. The brain doesn't like not knowing where exactly the body is.
I found with the ones that we did it was very hard or almost impossible.... to stand up. One of the things was a thrill ride which flipped you everywhere, you'd just lose control of yourself standing up.

Officially priced today at $599USD. Set to release in March for the early backers and May for everyone else.

https://shop.oculus.com/en-us/cart/

I feel like this prices it outside a mainstream audience a fair bit, and has also seemingly killed a fair amount of the hype that Oculus was bringing along with it.

Will be very interesting to see where the other VR headset pricing goes.

What are people's thoughts on the price?

Bastard! beat me by 2 seconds well actually a couple minutes :(

What an utter disaster not only is the pricing insane at $600 Us without tax and shipping, the minimum spec requirements for the device limits the available customer base to around 15 million.

This price point is an outrageous blunder. They've hobbled themselves. $1100aud is gonna tank it in this country. Especially with the required specs. Doubt it fares much better in other markets either.

Rift+Xbox One Controller+Touch Controllers+2 cameras $590 AUD delivered from official Oculus store...

I've finally made the plunge, good deal. Makes it cheaper than PSVR+Camera+Controllers and is vaaaastly superior tech.

Last edited:
Rift+Xbox One+Touch Controllers+2 cameras $590 AUD delivered from official Oculus store...

I've finally made the plunge, good deal. Makes it cheaper than PSVR+Camera+Controllers and is vaaaastly superior tech.
Link? Can't see it anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see my confusion, the actual page mentions nothing, then I go to card and it lays it out. You also said Xbox, not xbox control so that confused me even more :p

Oh haha, I thought the context was enough for the xbox thing but can see that being confusing :p

Grabbed one before xmas and am loving it.

My PC is pretty old, the bulk of it is from 2013 though I recently upgraded the GPU to a second hand GTX 980ti, it's been running VR with no issues.

The bulk of my play has been in Pokerstars VR. Nothing has matched that for the social aspect. It really feels like you're sitting around a table playing with other people and being able to have a conversation just adds to the immersion.

I've recently started with Beat Saber too and that game is awesome! I grabbed the mods to add in custom songs and tweak the interface a bit - that's definitely worth it. Listen to the warning you get at the start and stretch first though!

Got the rift bundle on special just before Christmas for $529AUD.
Simply brilliant. Loving it.
I would advise to not buy a second hand Rift. My right hand earphone has s**t itself. The ribbon wire that runs through the strapping for the earphones breaks. Common fault. Mine is going back to get a replacement under warranty. Its a common fault. The earphones can be removed so you can use headphones or speakers. Whether this has been fixed in the Rift S, I dont know.
Gr8 piece of kit apart from that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back