Multiplat Oddworld: Soulstorm

I’ve read the opposite but guess I’ll find out for myself tonight
Don't get me wrong. I'm seeing a lot of people saying good things. But a lot more saying bad. The ones with bad experiences are usually a lot more vocal than those with good, so definitely take it was a grain of salt.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Not to sound condescending but I wonder how many negative reviews or opinions are from those under 30 who never grew up on the originals. With some notable exceptions such as Ori and the like, 2D platformers aren't really that big of a deal anymore so I imagine this would mostly appeal for nostalgic reasons.

Not to sound condescending but I wonder how many negative reviews or opinions are from those under 30 who never grew up on the originals. With some notable exceptions such as Ori and the like, 2D platformers aren't really that big of a deal anymore so I imagine this would mostly appeal for nostalgic reasons.
Ok Grandpa we get it.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I played Oddyssee several times over the years before New n Tasty so it was all pretty familiar. However I never touched Exoddus again since PS1 so it's hard to remember what's new and what was in the original. Love the camera angles, reminds me of platformers like Pandemonium.

berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
It's not like reviews matter when it's "free" but it's smelling like an average game. I'll be giving it a go due to the nostalgia factor anyway.
Only free for PS5 players. PS4 and PC players still have to buy it and it's $70. From what I've played so far it's decent if you loved the originals. Still a bit rough in patches but I'm having fun with it.

berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
I played Oddyssee several times over the years before New n Tasty so it was all pretty familiar. However I never touched Exoddus again since PS1 so it's hard to remember what's new and what was in the original. Love the camera angles, reminds me of platformers like Pandemonium.
Loved Pandemonium

I ordered the Limited edition so I was annoyed that I have to wait so long to get my copy, but I purchased one month of PS+ so I could download the game.

Two levels in, love it.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Only free for PS5 players. PS4 and PC players still have to buy it and it's $70. From what I've played so far it's decent if you loved the originals. Still a bit rough in patches but I'm having fun with it.
If you only have the ps4 and are willing to wait until getting a ps5 you can log onto the PlayStation store website and add it to the library to save $70

Back