ODFA-Oatlands District Football Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Cha_Ching_00

Debutant
Jul 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
As it’s Grand Final week in the ODFA, I see it fitting that a dedicated ODFA thread... post all things ODFA

Think you aren't going to get a lot of interest in an ODFA thread.

Even when it was part of a general Tassie Football thread, it attracted little attention

Good game off footy the grand final, while its probably not to the standard of say Scholars or SFL, the boys get stuck in and have a crack.
Thought Bothwell might have been a real smoky late in the game when they were 1 or 2 points up but the Mounties finished strong and got up in the finish by just over a goal. Never dropped a game all season apparently, fair effort.

Woodsdale back into the league and Oatlands likely to reform, exciting for footy that these clubs have resurrected.

Oatlands nearly a certainty to reform, good facilities and lighting still, fairly central location and easy commute forHobart based players to come up, will be young and probably won’t win many games compared to their cousins out the road Mt Pleasant but atleast they are on the park.

Swansea are trying again and have appointed a coach, again good facilities and ground, location a bit tricky in comparison to where they play there games, I give them a 50/50 chance of getting up.

Woodsdale. Bad facilities and poor ground, location remote with no locals. Apparently they have 30 players signed up??? Would need a huge injection from the Southern Midlands Council to get the ground up to scratch and would have to play their games at Oatlands in 2022 while the Woodsdale ground is sorted, another nearby ground is Tunnack but they finished up in 2001 and their ground is just as bad, but given WFC’s track record are they going to fold again?? It’ll be good to have another side back in the comp though.

Woodsdale. Bad facilities and poor ground, location remote with no locals. Apparently they have 30 players signed up??? Would need a huge injection from the Southern Midlands Council to get the ground up to scratch and would have to play their games at Oatlands in 2022 while the Woodsdale ground is sorted, another nearby ground is Tunnack but they finished up in 2001 and their ground is just as bad, but given WFC’s track record are they going to fold again?? It’ll be good to have another side back in the comp though.

Definitely won't be at Tunnack. Hasn't been a football ground in years. Not sure where you got the HAVE to play their games at Oatlands in 2022 bit from. I can name 2 grounds that are more likely to host Woodsdale if it needs to happen.

Definitely won't be at Tunnack. Hasn't been a football ground in years. Not sure where you got the HAVE to play their games at Oatlands in 2022 bit from. I can name 2 grounds that are more likely to host Woodsdale if it needs to happen.

Yep, definitely won’t be at Tunnack as they basically haven’t been touched since 2001, plus that is a home base for a caravan group now.

What two grounds are more likely?

Weilly Park? Kempton?

Yep, definitely won’t be at Tunnack as they basically haven’t been touched since 2001, plus that is a home base for a caravan group now.

What two grounds are more likely?

Weilly Park? Kempton?
Can't believe I didn't see this.

Originally I was going to say Kempton, with Cambridge as the wild card.

But will be Campania

But will be Campania

Campania’s location might be a blessing in disguise for them getting players to make the short trip to Campania, good lights, alternate home games with a potential of double headers or day/night double headers. All sorts of benefits….

The official ODFA roster has just been released with the three teams re-entering, making it an eight team comp.

how do you see the ODFA 2022 season panning out?

The 2022 O.D.F.A. season will commence on Saturday April 23rd

Round 1

Woodsdale v Oatlands
Mt Pleasant v Bothwell
Swansea v Triabunna
Campbell Town v Campania

Full roster to follow

The official ODFA roster has just been released with the three teams re-entering, making it an eight team comp.

how do you see the ODFA 2022 season panning out?

The 2022 O.D.F.A. season will commence on Saturday April 23rd

Round 1

Woodsdale v Oatlands
Mt Pleasant v Bothwell
Swansea v Triabunna
Campbell Town v Campania

Full roster to follow
Still 50/50 that it won't be 7 teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But will be Campania

Hearing rumours from a good source that Woodsdale’s new location for 2022 will be Kempton as there are fears with the overuse of Campania and the logistics involved with sharing facilities… interesting as Mt Pleasant use Kempton as a training facility.

Hearing rumours from a good source that Woodsdale’s new location for 2022 will be Kempton as there are fears with the overuse of Campania and the logistics involved with sharing facilities… interesting as Mt Pleasant use Kempton as a training facility.
Would make Round 3 interesting.

They would have to play at Campania regardless that day

Excuse my ignorance, but how much work would need to be done for Woodsdale to be up to scratch?
I know it's been 6-7 years since they were last used so could imagine it needs more than a lick of paint.

Excuse my ignorance, but how much work would need to be done for Woodsdale to be up to scratch?
I know it's been 6-7 years since they were last used so could imagine it needs more than a lick of paint.
Quite a lot.

There are some serious OH&S issues with fencing, etc. (Barbed wire fencing that acts as a boundary, for example)

That being said, with a bit of luck, it would likely be ready to go for 2023.

Would make Round 3 interesting.

They would have to play at Campania regardless that day

You’re spot on there Ozguy.

It’s not just the big ticket items like toilets, umpire rooms, lights and changerooms etc… it’s the barbed fence on the opposite side of the ground, playing surface, kiosk, “kopper” log fence in disrepair, lack of disabled facilities.

All of this, while you’re trying to assemble a side from scratch. While having maybe 1 or 2 playing locals, training at Bridgewater while potentially having to set up shop at the Kempton ground, all new merchandise, attract sponsors and more importantly making it sustainable for the future.

A good example is Mt Pleasant, didn’t lose a game last year, a lot of locals or ties to locals, won the flag and even they are finding it hard to retain and attract players. Interestingly enough, there are about 5 Mt Pleasant players who played in last years flag who have strong links to Woodsdale and I don’t anticipate any of them heading back to their former club in Woodsdale for season 2022

I hope Woodsdale get up, but it’s going to take a lot of hard work and a stroke of luck.

Any more information about the up coming season? Mt pleasant lost a heap of players? is that true? Triabuuna picked up a TSl player from the north?

Anyone got a list of players/names that Woodsdale and Oatlands have recruited?

My ODFA pre-season review

Oatlands - Got rolled by Campania in a praccy. Campania are mid rung ODFA so it might be a long season for Oatlands but atleast they are out on the park. Mostly made up of younger guys who are fairly new to footy or veterans who originally played with coach Greg Dare.
Prediction - Wooden spoon

Woodsdale - unsure of outcome with praccy match against Bothwell but like Oatlands mostly made up of younger guys who coach Will Byers has networked, will struggle.
Prediction - 6th

Campania - about the same as last year, new coach and picking up a few extra players might hold them in good stead.
Prediction - 5th

Triabunna - apparently have lost some cattle from last year but have gained some very handy recruits, should be stronger than last year, but depth will test them.
Prediction - 4th

Campbell Town - have recruited heavily and will be a big mover of the comp, they have a fair bit of ground to make up on the top teams, however they will give it a shake.
Prediction - 3rd

Mt Pleasant - Last years premiers, however they have a couple of players in their 30’s either retiring or can only play limited games, will still be strong and Oatlands and Woodsdale coming back into the comp wouldn’t have impacted them at all in terms of player losses.
Prediction -2nd

Bothwell - outclassed in the end by experience in last years big dance, picked up a couple of of SFL players which will see them at early flag favourites, can they break Mt Pleasant’s winning streak.
Prediction - Minor premiers

Thoughts?

Would move Campbell Town higher. Mt Pleasant lower. And Triabunna likely above Mt P.

Campbell Town/Bothwell/Triabunna GF pick 2

Would move Campbell Town higher. Mt Pleasant lower. And Triabunna likely above Mt P.

Campbell Town/Bothwell/Triabunna GF pick 2
Yeah it’ll be an interesting season, I believe Triabunna still have a fair bit of ground to make up from last year and Mt Pleasant haven’t lost a lot of players, just one or two retiring… but hey, it makes for a good debate 👍🏻

Bothwell/Campbell Town out of those two

Remove this Banner Ad

Back