ODFA-Oatlands District Football Association

Remove this Banner Ad

How longs Kempton been gone for, 20+ years?
What caused them to go under anyway?

Not sure how long Woodsdale can last by playing out at Kempton, any word on if their ground will get the improvements it needs to comply with safety standards?

How longs Kempton been gone for, 20+ years?
What caused them to go under anyway?

Not sure how long Woodsdale can last by playing out at Kempton, any word on if their ground will get the improvements it needs to comply with safety standards?
Kempton gone for 20 years. I very much doubt the Kempton starting up is anything but a rumour. Happens every 5 or so years, but it won't happen.

They went under because of a lack of committee. Had 2 strong sides, just no off field help.

If Woodsdale don't get back home next year, that is probably it for them. But a lot of water still needs to go under that bridge.

Kempton gone for 20 years. I very much doubt the Kempton starting up is anything but a rumour. Happens every 5 or so years, but it won't happen.

They went under because of a lack of committee. Had 2 strong sides, just no off field help.

If Woodsdale don't get back home next year, that is probably it for them. But a lot of water still needs to go under that bridge.
A Facebook page has been created, not sure who is behind it, but rumour has it that the ex Woodsdale coach is apart of the push to get them back up and going again… unlikely but most of us said the same about Woodsdale.

Sayi
A Facebook page has been created, not sure who is behind it, but rumour has it that the ex Woodsdale coach is apart of the push to get them back up and going again… unlikely but most of us said the same about Woodsdale.
Beginning by saying they are returning in 2023 isn't a good start.

Sayi

Beginning by saying they are returning in 2023 isn't a good start.
I agree, not an ideal choice of words.

Location wise they are in a prime position for ODFA footy. Grounds and clubrooms okay. Kempton, population wise will be booming in years to come. If enough dedicated people are behind it, they are a big chance

I agree, not an ideal choice of words.

Location wise they are in a prime position for ODFA footy. Grounds and clubrooms okay. Kempton, population wise will be booming in years to come. If enough dedicated people are behind it, they are a big chance
The problem is, they have no player base there. They had strong teams in the past, but they were also drawn from further south.

The problem is, they have no player base there. They had strong teams in the past, but they were also drawn from further south.
Do you still believe? Ozguy 😅
It’s gaining momentum, not sure about the 34 players but it’s gaining traction

Attachments

• 982518CF-1A5E-4D31-B371-D0CA61F3641F.png
    982518CF-1A5E-4D31-B371-D0CA61F3641F.png
    284.9 KB · Views: 120
Do you still believe? Ozguy 😅
It’s gaining momentum, not sure about the 34 players but it’s gaining traction
Yeah, I do still believe.

Club is being set up with the intent to screw another club over. Not about benefitting Kempton.

That is the mail I have received, and I would say it is pretty gold plated.

And potential players is such a funny thing. Berriedale had a "potential player" group of close to 50. Until you drill down into it and find most know nothing about being on the list.

Longshot I know but we could be looking at a 9 team comp next year. Only problem is where are all the players coming from...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230606_194926_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230606_194926_Facebook.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 115
Longshot I know but we could be looking at a 9 team comp next year. Only problem is where are all the players coming from...
Swansea are a bit more optimistic than recent times.

A few people who know the lie of the land, will probably be able to put 2 and 2 together and work out why.

Yeah, I do still believe.

Club is being set up with the intent to screw another club over. Not about benefitting Kempton.

That is the mail I have received, and I would say it is pretty gold plated.

And potential players is such a funny thing. Berriedale had a "potential player" group of close to 50. Until you drill down into it and find most know nothing about being on the list.
100% correct.

Swansea are a bit more optimistic than recent times.

A few people who know the lie of the land, will probably be able to put 2 and 2 together and work out why.

Are you able to elaborate? Interstate follower who has no lie of the land o_O

DM if needed. Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 9 team comp would be great but like Oz said,Woodsdale need movement on the home ground situation or I don't see this return lasting too much longer.

I don't see Kempton coming back and although I know they were quite successful at times in the past,I just don't know where they get the numbers from.

Swansea,I don't know much about. Any light you can shed on it all,Oz?

Problem being I believe Weily Park is used for Soccer in Winter.
Yeah I am pretty sure the Northern Suburbs league plays a lot of their games there during the winter. I played a game of junior footy there a very long time ago. Probably hasn't been used for junior footy in a very long time though.

So...... what'd the umpire say?
From reading the comments it sounds like its not the first time, mind you, the umps cop s**t from players all the time so why shouldn't the boot be on the other foot occasionally!!
I've been following footy for near on 60 years and that's the first time I can ever remember a game being canned for a player being abused by an umpy!

From reading the comments it sounds like its not the first time, mind you, the umps cop s**t from players all the time so why shouldn't the boot be on the other foot occasionally!!
I've been following footy for near on 60 years and that's the first time I can ever remember a game being canned for a player being abused by an umpy!
Believe it has happened in the Darwin comp in the past. Only other time in Tassie that I am aware of .

Triabunna bought a flag. Just held on by two goals or so over Campbell Town.
Good on em too, first premiership for 21 years or something like that.
Hearing more and more chatter about Kempton being reformed over the summer.
If that gets up you'd have to reckon Woodsdale might be under the pump.
Did I hear right that the points system's being introduced into ODFA footy next year?

Triabunna bought a flag. Just held on by two goals or so over Campbell Town.
Good on em too, first premiership for 21 years or something like that.
Hearing more and more chatter about Kempton being reformed over the summer.
If that gets up you'd have to reckon Woodsdale might be under the pump.
Did I hear right that the points system's being introduced into ODFA footy next year?
Kempton doesn't have a ground atm. Could be their biggest issue.

There is talk about a points system, apparently. Can't see that one working too well. When you don't have any zero points players via a junior system.... well the points would need some serious work.

Kempton don’t have a ground? What’s wrong with Kempton Oval? You’re not gonna say it’s unavailable to Kempton as Woodsdale currently play home games there are you?

Kempton don’t have a ground? What’s wrong with Kempton Oval? You’re not gonna say it’s unavailable to Kempton as Woodsdale currently play home games there are you?
The ground is council owned.

Lease is with both Woodsdale, and the Central Hawks Juniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back