Zampa
Hazlewood

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure about the Cameron Green selection tbh.

The talk about his potential inclusion in the test team is a decent debate given his shield results. He has not however earned his selection in limited overs sides through limited overs performances.

Really hope he isn’t being set up to fail before he even gets an opportunity at test level.

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
I feel like I'm missing something on the Henriques selection. Can anyone offer an explanation (with or without stats)?
I agree 33yf . NSW players win anything,( on sydney grounds)
HAD nearly as many chamces as Mitch
No doubt he be pushed next capt,, in the 3 forms

Sydney Sixers captain and New South Wales all-rounder Moises Henriques returns to Australian colours while 21-year-old Western Australian Cameron Green has been rewarded for his form in domestic competition.

Henriques led the Sixers to the KFC Big Bash League title last summer with a season strike rate of just under 150 while Green is a promising young batting all-rounder.

“Moises is a tremendous cricketer with loads of experience and is a great person to have around the group. His form was extremely impressive in leading the Sixers to the BBL title last summer and he has played well at the start of this season,” Hohns said.

Tigerssaints

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
hobart f c
Henriques is still considered an all-rounder even though he bowls once in a blue moon?
YES , when you NEED to justify the selection
No bowling. !!( listed as alrounder )
Nice guy to have around
means ,his mental health issues
nothing against the guy personally ,
but we see what NSW media pressures, puts on its OWN players

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Not sure about the Cameron Green selection tbh.

The talk about his potential inclusion in the test team is a decent debate given his shield results. He has not however earned his selection in limited overs sides through limited overs performances.

Really hope he isn’t being set up to fail before he even gets an opportunity at test level.

it's an 18 man squad - possibly just getting him around and in the set up.

might jag a game but no real need to rest the stars with not alot of international cricket this summer.

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
surely if we are playing our best side then this is my take on it and there's only 2 real spots up for grabs:

1. finch
2. warner
3. smith

4.5.6.7. maxwell, carey
+2 of labuschagne, wade, stonis, henriques, green, agar, sams, abbott

8. cummins
9. starc
10.zampa
11.hazlewood

(k.richardson as the reserve quick)

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
surely if we are playing our best side then this is my take on it and there's only 2 real spots up for grabs:

1. finch
2. warner
3. smith

4.5.6.7. maxwell, carey
+2 of labuschagne, wade, stonis, henriques, green, agar, sams, abbott

8. cummins
9. starc
10.zampa
11.hazlewood

(k.richardson as the reserve quick)

and thats what we went with...with marnus and stoinis filling the remaining 2 spots.

be interesting to see if there are rotations from this point.

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
What’s the go with Stoinis? Is he available tomorrow or not? If he isn’t do the selectors back in Maxwell and Marnus to get thru 10 overs or will they go with Green or Henriques?

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
What’s the go with Stoinis? Is he available tomorrow or not? If he isn’t do the selectors back in Maxwell and Marnus to get thru 10 overs or will they go with Green or Henriques?

if stoinis aint right nearly anyone else in the squad could play henriques, green, abbott, sams, agar, and carey up to 6 in need. i think wade and tye are the only 2 not in consideration for stoinis spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 13, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
it will be interesting to see what we do in the 3rd odi now that we are 2-0 up.

don't really see the point in 'resting' players or reshuffling the batting order when the international summer only consists of 4 tests/3 odi's / 3 20/20's.

it will be interesting to see what we do in the 3rd odi now that we are 2-0 up.

don't really see the point in 'resting' players or reshuffling the batting order when the international summer only consists of 4 tests/3 odi's / 3 20/20's.

I wouldn't play Cummins or Hazelwood till the start of the test series.

yeah fair enough , end of the day they'd obly have a maximum of 22 overs to bowl with the remaining odi and 3 20/20's i guess.

I’d rather not play Cummins or Haze in a t20 anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back