ODI World Cup 2023 - Aussie squad - who makes it ?

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to win our next 2 to have any chance of progressing. A loss to Pakistan and they'd be potentially 2 or 3 games ahead of us. Also going to need NZ, SA or the poms to have a massive stumble

Not a huge fan of ODI cricket so haven't been paying much attention.

But I would have thought having what five or six seamers in the team on Indian wickets was kinda dumb.
It does seem strange that for the test tour in India earlier this year, a spin heavy squad was picked, but with the one day world cup the selectors have gone the other way.

We need to win our next 2 to have any chance of progressing. A loss to Pakistan and they'd be potentially 2 or 3 games ahead of us. Also going to need NZ, SA or the poms to have a massive stumble

you asked for a massive stumble and you got it :)

If there is a silver lining to our dogshit form at least the poms are doing worse. Their whole approach to this has been the height of arrogance. Let alone dropping a decent player from the squad on the vain hope Stokes can actually play.

What do you think of the decision to drop Carey for Inglis?

i think we had no choice.

We know for a fact Carey can't play spin and can't bat in India.

We suspect Inglis can't either but we don't know yet.

I mean that delivery he got out to against SA was a straight one he played all around so he isn't covering himself in glory thus far. But he can clear the fences so its worth a punt.

i think we had no choice.

We know for a fact Carey can't play spin and can't bat in India.

We suspect Inglis can't either but we don't know yet.

I mean that delivery he got out to against SA was a straight one he played all around so he isn't covering himself in glory thus far. But he can clear the fences so its worth a punt.
selectors all over the shop and a decision not to play carey should of been made before the WC not a game in ...

Now they have to give Inglis a run of games...if they drop Ingis after one game its just showing they have not faith in either IMO

Inglis needs a run of games

selectors all over the shop and a decision not to play carey should of been made before the WC not a game in ...

Now they have to give Inglis a run of games...if they drop Ingis after one game its just showing they have not faith in either IMO

Inglis needs a run of games

yeah don't get me started. Frankly the stonis pick was another one in similar vein, trying to replace someone out of form with someone else who is also out of form.

Especially Inglis and Carey in the same squad is basically a buck each way. They needed to pick one and stick with it. i like the Inglis pick but then why did we give Carey one more game. Whatever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back