Strategy O'Driscoll's Left Foot

Remove this Banner Ad

The O'Driscolls' are a real football team , looks as if Aiden has a knack similar to Nathan. We should keep am eye on him, he could join his brother one day.

View attachment 1390689
I reckon anyone thinking about drafting Aiden is going to have to seriously consider the likelihood he tries to join us as soon as humanely possible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs get a run on. Pressure building. Received handball. Side by side with his defender. Accelerates. Takes a bounce. Slight steady. Kicks from fifty at pace. GOAL!

He made a couple of errors but his positives outweigh the few errors. Excited to watch him develop. Has claimed that wing as his and I expect will have a lock on it for quite a while.

Bulldogs get a run on. Pressure building. Received handball. Side by side with his defender. Accelerates. Takes a bounce. Slight steady. Kicks from fifty at pace. GOAL!

He made a couple of errors but his positives outweigh the few errors. Excited to watch him develop. Has claimed that wing as his and I expect will have a lock on it for quite a while.
I will admit I was a bit disappointed with the play before where I felt he could have come over the top & spoilt Bruce at the top of the goal square when Ryan got caught out of position.

But that was short lived watching his goal 30 secs later WOW! He just rises to the level he’s playing in & is so deceptively quick when he gets his stride on.

He made a couple of errors

That's what made his goal all the more meritorious imo.

He'd already been caught at least once HTB and made a couple of other blues, but still didn't hesitate to pin his ears back and take a bounce with an opponent on his tail literally inches away. All week the theme has been that we need to get our dare back, and that was a young kid absolutely epitomising the ethos.

I saw a lot of him as a junior all the way back to Futures and I was always confident he'd at least make it to AFL level, but he's well and truly blown my expectations out of the water with how well he's slotted in at the top level.

That's what made his goal all the more meritorious imo.

He'd already been caught at least once HTB and made a couple of other blues, but still didn't hesitate to pin his ears back and take a bounce with an opponent on his tail literally inches away. All week the theme has been that we need to get our dare back, and that was a young kid absolutely epitomising the ethos.

I saw a lot of him as a junior all the way back to Futures and I was always confident he'd at least make it to AFL level, but he's well and truly blown my expectations out of the water with how well he's slotted in at the top level.
100%, i love how he never shows any fear, only dare and he embodies it perfectly. his knack of kicking ****ed goals says it all

Was his left foot ever a part of his draft write-ups?

I don't remember reading it anywhere but it's a genuine weapon

I remember his kicking was a knock pre-draft, and you can see how it doesn't necessarily look "clean" off the boot (even when it's effective), but he is in incredibly smart footballer and seems to be more accurate kicking for goal than hitting a target, which is a very handy attribute to have

I remember his kicking was a knock pre-draft, and you can see how it doesn't necessarily look "clean" off the boot (even when it's effective), but he is in incredibly smart footballer and seems to be more accurate kicking for goal than hitting a target, which is a very handy attribute to have
Small sample size but his kicks i50 are also generally very good

Cracker of a goal, but you can see the Dog's main problem in it. He ran away from Macrae and Libba, then back onto the inside while they puffed away takes a bounce while they still don't gain, (into a massive hole that should have been filled by someone pushing up while we're at it) then slots it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back