Strategy O'Driscoll's Left Foot

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember his kicking was a knock pre-draft, and you can see how it doesn't necessarily look "clean" off the boot (even when it's effective), but he is in incredibly smart footballer and seems to be more accurate kicking for goal than hitting a target, which is a very handy attribute to have
Young's left foot is poetry in motion, O'Driscoll's just brutally effective.

JLs take on Noddy.
Nathan O’Driscoll returned really strongly, is he going to be an important part of your plans?
He gives us something different 'Driz'. He’s a young player trying to find his way but he just plays like he’s a kid still out there and takes the game on. That goal he kicked in the third quarter on the run, he didn’t take a backwards step, he took the game on and kicked a really important goal for us but I don’t think that was going through his head, it was like he was playing backyard footy. I love that about him and he had some really important contests, he’s making his way in AFL but he’s jumped in pretty quick.

JLs take on Noddy.
Nathan O’Driscoll returned really strongly, is he going to be an important part of your plans?
He gives us something different 'Driz'. He’s a young player trying to find his way but he just plays like he’s a kid still out there and takes the game on. That goal he kicked in the third quarter on the run, he didn’t take a backwards step, he took the game on and kicked a really important goal for us but I don’t think that was going through his head, it was like he was playing backyard footy. I love that about him and he had some really important contests, he’s making his way in AFL but he’s jumped in pretty quick.
O`Driscoll had a much better game in the AFL than any of his games at Peel, he is just one of those players that thrives on the big stage.

His ceiling is so high that it is probably unfair on all other teams!

Freo is going to have some wheels when Johnson and Erasmus join him in the team next year.

His goal was good on a number of fronts. Not least because of some recent clangers just before that as another poster mentioned and still took on the risk and responsibility of taking the game on like that. Also the fact he sized up the oppo and backed himself in such a quick moment. Mostly though, the skill execution at speed was a real holy sh** moment to watch. It was crazy good.

He could have 3 goal of the week noms this year.

3!
In a year!!
From a wing!!!

Its worth watching Micky Walters on that ground level replay of Noddy's goal. His reaction as it happened was pretty funny. He was nice and open. Would've been a very hard pass to make at that pace though given Sonny looked to be pretty close to him. Hit or miss I think he made the right call...or just didn't see the option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he meant it as a positive thing.
Yeah I watched it and you are right. This is exactly what I wanted in a player. A lot of the time our players pass it off instead of having a shot. We need to have the killer instinct that top teams always bring to finals.

O`Driscoll had a much better game in the AFL than any of his games at Peel, he is just one of those players that thrives on the big stage.

His ceiling is so high that it is probably unfair on all other teams!

Freo is going to have some wheels when Johnson and Erasmus join him in the team next year.
Maybe Sturt will be the same, hopefully!!

Maybe Sturt will be the same, hopefully!!
Been thinking this for a while - you don’t win a rising star nom outpositioning Hurley and then not be an AFL footballer. We have plenty of dead wood on the list, we can afford to try to get the best out of Sturt.

Noddy was taken as a Mid/defender, and played a lot of his early time before injury playing either role.
I spoke to Longmuir either mid to late season last year after he came from injury. He had played a couple of games and Looed like cracking it into the league side.
I watched he and Longmuir at training and I aske Longmuir if he was going to make his first appearance in the purple. He said they were going to try him out on the wing at Peel. Sadly, in that game he was injured and missed his chance.
But it certainly looks like we have a gem in the rough here.
A pity that "experts" like Dunstall will not get over a kid making one blue in a game.

Xavier Ellis and co on their podcast talk about a few of the swans youngsters as headless chooks. And they mean it in a positive way. Just take off at full piss and make things happen. Every now and again might make a glaring error that stands out but the next 5 times get a positive result

Here is our version.

Xavier Ellis and co on their podcast talk about a few of the swans youngsters as headless chooks. And they mean it in a positive way. Just take off at full piss and make things happen. Every now and again might make a glaring error that stands out but the next 5 times get a positive result

Here is our version.
I do enjoy watching the Lizard take off from half back with ball in hand

Fun fact -

Nathan O'Driscoll hasnt lost a AFL Game yet when he hasn't been a sub.

10 Matches - 9 wins 1 loss.

The only loss he played in this year was Round 2 against St Kilda his debut game as medical sub which was pretty dumb from the club and i hope doesn't happen again. Maybe we got our karma that day.

But Drissy seems to be our lucky charm atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back