Werewolf OES and Barrybran present: The Philosopher's Wolf - DAY FOUR[TRADITIONAL]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not gonna lie, it's absolutely stunning to me that the game was going to go on with the Jester lynched (as per the OP) but even at 5.30pm today it was still not decided that the game would be over (as per the dead PM). Kind of annoying considering I tagged OES for clarification on this yesterday.

Last edited:
I was the Hooker and I blocked Frankston Rover, I Don’t Care and The Filth Wizard...all next to useless moves.
The night you blocked franky he was the only one in the faction unprotected. Chappy had doc protection, footypie had the amulet and sante obviously night immune. Lol

I have no issue with that being the ruling and the Jester winning. My only disappointment is it stops a good game dead in its tracks. It's why I'm loathe to have rules like the bomb or potato or whatever that can wipe out entire factions early game.

I have no issue with that being the ruling and the Jester winning. My only disappointment is it stops a good game dead in its tracks. It's why I'm loathe to have rules like the bomb or potato or whatever that can wipe out entire factions early game.
Fair enough.

I appreciate your honesty.

Not gonna lie, it's absolutely stunning to me that the game was going to go on with the Jester lynched (as per the OP) but even at 5.30pm today it was still not decided that the game would be over (as per the dead PM). Kind of annoying considering I tagged OES for clarification on this yesterday.
I was out to dinner last night so apologies about that. I actually went back and read them today when trying to work out what to do. In the end o stand by my decision. I realise it was going to step on some toes but that's the risk you take with modding.

Anyway I also want to say a massive thank you to Barrybran who was invaluable as a co mod. Helped with heaps behind the scenes and pretty much ran the show in the background. So thanks heaps for that.

The Jester thing is great, the winning criteria just needs refining thats all.

maybe he has to get lynched with 7/8 or less players left?
Tarks has a great idea. Get lynched day five but must incur at least one vote the first four days.

What’s eye opening is how much time I wasted hypothesizing how you could be evil and playing us all, etc. Old habits die hard. The village had the game well in hand, but * me.

Apart from tigland, who was always a solid player when he played regularly and certainly reminded us of that today - the pleasing thing is the new breed and how hard they have a go, you just can’t have the blinkers on regarding the old favorites anymore. That’s a good thing.

Fair enough, probably just needs a tweak I reckon... and the bomb was a disgrace - and that’s coming from the bomber :D

What’s eye opening is how much time I wasted hypothesizing how you could be evil and playing us all, etc. Old habits die hard. The village had the game well in hand, but **** me.

Apart from tigland, who was always a solid player when he played regularly and certainly reminded us of that today - the pleasing thing is the new breed and how hard they have a go, you just can’t have the blinkers on regarding the old favorites anymore. That’s a good thing.

Fair enough, probably just needs a tweak I reckon... and the bomb was a disgrace - and that’s coming from the bomber :D

Joe, eventually you're just gonna have to learn to love me.

I will say though what pissed me off a little is I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN CLEARER (without being clear, natch) that I was blackmailed to vote for SM.

What’s eye opening is how much time I wasted hypothesizing how you could be evil and playing us all, etc. Old habits die hard. The village had the game well in hand, but **** me.

It's part of the reason why I randomise everything now. The only thing I changed was making sante the alpha instead of Chappy. I figured we didn't need Chappy in a head role again. He seems to get them a lot.

I will say though what pissed me off a little is I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN CLEARER (without being clear, natch) that I was blackmailed to vote for SM.

The bloody half back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well at least you weren't TOO clear like someone? Eh franky??? ;)

As I said earlier, it’s the ultimate respect really

Franky managed to be pretty clear... :p

Bugger beaten to it by OES

As I said earlier, it’s the ultimate respect really
Remember the game when you were both in a faction together? That was glorious. Btw that was game 100 - nice melt werewolf.

See that's immediately where my mind went. The fact that THB also hinted at being blackmailed was what was ******* with me. THB, it's all well and good to muddy the water to confuse evil, but when it confuses good, it's a really stupid thing to do.

Night one. You stopped joe from getting blackmailed to vote filthy I think.

Confused the s**t out of me - everyone except croweater 41 voted for Morgs or chappy, so I was convinced the crowey/Filthy vote thing was a setup.

Cheers Jesus :D

I couldn’t disagree more. To me I think it’s a fantastic check against bandwagon votes. I can foresee potentially needing to add a shortstop so that it becomes something like must be lynched after night 3 with >x% of the remaining vote as potentially could be a s**t way to finish in a vote which has low consensus (ie. 6 players all attracting two votes or something) but when you have such a resounding lynch as you did today the village should really have been considering why tigland wouldn’t have been working harder to avoid it.

I think it adds a great layer of complexity, bluffing and second guessing motives to the game.
Each to their own. I didn't enjoy it at all. We could have lynched any single person today with exactly the same chance they could have been the jester.
I definitely considered the fact that tigland could be the jester but how could you change it? If you change it from him on the off chance he's the jester there's exactly the same chance it's being changed to the jester.
To me it just turned WW into a game of russian roulette.

I don't blame OES for adding it at all. I guess for a lot of the experienced players it's a refreshing change. But for me it was just a hollow end to a game that was shaping as a good challenge for the village to find the last two evil members who both had a seer and a night kill each. And now that's not going to play out.

And what a play by Chappyuk to guess Morganashlee role :D

Fluke but added a bit of excitement. Did say you went early killing dogs and outing me. But footypie getting modkilled and losing the amulet killed us anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back