Of the big 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Who the big three should be invest our time in getting as laws of probability suggest eagles cant afford them all.

Headland:
The best of the 3 and the youngest but will have the highest asking price both contract wise and what we have to give up to get him

Chick:
Hard running midfielder that is getting on but I think contract wise will be the cheapest though hawks will play hard ball

Woewodien:
Speedy skillful midfielder that will cost a bucket load contract wise but melbourne as looking too offload him so I would suggest he woudl come rather cheaply trade wise.

Headland on recent form is the best and he's only 21 so he would fit in nicely with our young talent. If we miss on headland then don't bother with the other 2 and go for a quick skillful outside player in the draft with our number 5 pick and then pick up Gilmore with our 21 pick even though he is completely one sided.

Its ok West Coast will be picking up Gilmore if you decide against drafting him with your first pick. He seems very talented and has had some wraps on him.

Headland - There is no way Brisbane will let him go.

Chick - He seems like the one that we should go after, either way he is going to be playing in WA next year and he doesn't have a preset contract that we wil have to pick up.

Woey - Still has 1 year on his contract and from all reports is loaded at 450,000. There's no way that we could afford to pay that sort of a salary to him if we were to trade for him.

So of the three I think that we should really go after chick and offer him a deal where by the contract will be loaded in the second year, where by Metro will not be playing anymore and thus freeing $200,000 in the cap for 2004.

As for Gilmore, a lot of people are saying that he might go late in the draft due to his age, a la Medhurst. I think that freo will pick him up with our second round pick if he's still available, but I don't think there is a chance in hell that we would select him with our first pick.

Does anyone else out there think that Hedland could possibly be overrated & that if not surrounded by the Brissy machine he wouldn't shine as bright?

In saying that,

Hedland - Size, speed, & best of all he's 21

Chick - Hard in & under player, would go better in WA than w/ Hawks

Woewoddin - Back in form but doesn't do the hard stuff, waits for the ball to be dished out. Also $$$$$$$

Originally posted by Monkey^Magic
...Woewoddin - Back in form but doesn't do the hard stuff, waits for the ball to be dished out. Also $$$$$$$...

Back in form?

Last I looked, he was getting worse. His last 5 games have been nothing to write home about.
This year rounds 5 - 14 he was OK, but has been ordinary since.

Woewodin has had a solid season after a shaky start.

And re Headland... He might be a tad over-rated but hes definately worth that small risk that he doesn't turn out to be a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back