Remove this Banner Ad

RedLegs#5

Cancelled
May 30, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos,Wallabies, Glenn McGrath.
Caroline Wilson has copped a lot of flack from our supporters...and rightfully so. But this vermin is no less relentless in his constant scrutiny and negative headline seeking hunger when it comes to the Dees. You can almost see him frothing at the mouth waiting for his next bite.

I know we've still got a long way to go (both on and off the field), and I know for a fact these moronic sports journalists (currently probably the worst batch of AFL journalists in the history of the game) don't get spoken about within the club, but still, if someone sees this mug, throw a pie at him (at the very least).

Just watch the first couple of minutes of this:

Mark Robinson, with his "hardest hitting column", was the same. The wolves are still at the door apparently.

Just give us a week off. Please. We've copped it for 6 months and we finally get a win and they can't even give us that. We know where we are at, just give us a pat on the back, well done for the win which is important for our group and leave it at that. There is no need to continue to sink the boots in.

Mark Robinson, with his "hardest hitting column", was the same. The wolves are still at the door apparently.

Just give us a week off. Please. We've copped it for 6 months and we finally get a win and they can't even give us that. We know where we are at, just give us a pat on the back, well done for the win which is important for our group and leave it at that. There is no need to continue to sink the boots in.

Will be good for the players to get up to Brisbane. Can turn on the radio and hear about the rugby for a change.

Agree with the sentiments of this thread. He is almost, almost, smiling or ever so subtly holding back a smirk as he is saying what if things had remained as they were at 3/4 time. Gee whiz, why are people who actually want to see teams get beaten to an inch of their life, maybe even be killed off, the types of people a media outlet would want commentating on football...

Agree with the sentiments of this thread. He is almost, almost, smiling or ever so subtly holding back a smirk as he is saying what if things had remained as they were at 3/4 time. Gee whiz, why are people who actually want to see teams get beaten to an inch of their life, maybe even be killed off, the types of people a media outlet would want commentating on football...

It's good for his career. His entire job revolves around whispers and scandals. Absolute snake and blight on the game.

Eh, he's a boob, but at least he's got an opinion. We've been very bad, so we're going to cop it until we beat a decent team (ie not kids). Luke Darcy's inoffensive fence-sitting isn't riveting stuff so no one is going to tune in to listen to him say nothing at all for 8 minutes.

He even makes Luke Darcy look smart. And trust me, he is a downright idiot.

I quote from Luke Darcy, while Carlton are 5 goals up around 3QT: "Carlton have a chance to win this game"

He is right that we should never had been 3 goals down, but we still won and we did it well in the end. Don't worry about it to much, its sour grapes, he would of been ready for us losing and we stuck it up him and other journos, so he gets no story this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very typical example of journalists throughout the Murdoch and Rinehart press. Bog standard as always.

This is why I still refuse to subscribe to Foxtel, and why I haven't bothered with any newspapers for a long while now. I get my news from other sources, whether it be sports reporting or otherwise.

For those who don't want to subject their brain to 8 and a half minutes of that tripe, can I get the gist of what was said please?

They begin by bringing up the Melbourne win and he immediately opens with how this win changes nothing and how bad Melbourne were to be 19 points down. Was floundering to announce how s**t we were as quickly as possible. Luke Darcy sounded like a sane human being in comparison.

I reckon Barrett has been working on a double-page spread Neeld timeline or something to release in the Hun either when Melbourne go further under the pump or if the coach is sacked. Was probably hoping to get it out today at 3 quarter time and then 12 goals ****ed it up for him.

I think gossip columnist is a more apt description of what he and a lot of others are .
THIS is the problem with half of the 'AFL' Journalists. They lack the capacity to discuss or dissect a football game so they discuss issues they have some understanding of & sadly thats 'days of our lives' type reporting.

They see the discussion that the AFL code generates & look at it as an opportunity, not to report on the spectacle that is the sport AFL is but to further their careers by trying to create a Romeo & Juliette type story.

And I'll add that she is loving this opportunity. Words like pathetic and embarrassing being thrown around and she is almost shaking with excitement.

G&GF Caro.

Crimson Azure raises a good point. When was the last time you heard Damien Barrett or Caroline Wilson actually pick apart a game. Darcy may be quite simplistic in his comments but at least he can analyse specific parts of the game. Barrett and Wilson just look at the end results because they lack the in depth understanding of the game to pick apart what is important.

THIS is the problem with half of the 'AFL' Journalists. They lack the capacity to discuss or dissect a football game so they discuss issues they have some understanding of & sadly thats 'days of our lives' type reporting.

They see the discussion that the AFL code generates & look at it as an opportunity, not to report on the spectacle that is the sport AFL is but to further their careers by trying to create a Romeo & Juliette type story.
Being an easy target is not helping either.
Sooner or later they will move on to the next load of s**t (hopefully sooner) and we can get on with getting our club sorted .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back