News Off-field discussion - AGM discussion - General Governance, board etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennett suggesting the possibility of some move away from pokies within the next year (no guarantees, some caveats about whether it will be the right time to sell and how to replace that revenue etc). Still, interesting that he put a date on it.

Yes, and the clubs position is logical and totally understandable.
It was very positive.

Kennett suggesting the possibility of some move away from pokies within the next year (no guarantees, some caveats about whether it will be the right time to sell and how to replace that revenue etc). Still, interesting that he put a date on it.
Literally called this the other day in (I think) the General AFL thread. His presidency is coming to an end and he knows under new management the exit from pokies is inevitable so is doing the bare minimum that might allow him to claim some credit in the future. Whatever the case, it's a good move and hopefully we can find a lucrative revenue stream to replace it quickly.

Literally called this the other day in (I think) the General AFL thread. His presidency is coming to an end and he knows under new management the exit from pokies is inevitable so is doing the bare minimum that might allow him to claim some credit in the future. Whatever the case, it's a good move and hopefully we can find a lucrative revenue stream to replace it quickly.

Think its a fantastic move and one that all clubs will inevitably head down. Where will the club look to for future revenue though? Have other clubs provided any avenues the hawks are likely to explore?

Think its a fantastic move and one that all clubs will inevitably head down. Where will the club look to for future revenue though? Have other clubs provided any avenues the hawks are likely to explore?
Could play more games in Tassie :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irrespective of what you think on the issue, whys Jeff commenting on the Moreland Council naming issue in the HUN?

Because he spends more time speaking publicly about his political enemies and ideological crusades than he does advocating for the Hawthorn Football Club. As I’ve said before - if he wants to be involved in the Liberal Party hierarchy then he should go do that - he’s clearly more passionate about that than he is our club. But he can’t do both as it’s a clear conflict. We need a good standing with all levels of government and having such a politically driven president doesn’t assist with this.

And before the myopic, partisan folk out there think that criticism of one automatically makes you the other - I’d have the same issue if we had a pro-Labor president or pro-Greens president who spent the majority of their time hectoring his ideological opponents as opposed to vocally promoting our club.

Who has Scott had issues with to finally now change his mind?
Scott declined previously because Jeff insisted the status be awarded to him at an AGM, and not at a function that better suited Don. Don wanted to celebrate with his old teammates. Jeff wouldn't budge, so Don said forget it. (Mind you no one else has ever had to accept it at an AGM).

Jeff has finally been persuaded to back down.

When is this clown Jeffro stepping down
He said June 30, which I find ridiculous that in Jeff’s own words good governance is all and at the afl club is running board planning to the financial year and not the calendar year.

AFL clubs management should run by calendar year as June is the season, which means any issues with bad management / media pr would come at the worst time.

He said June 30, which I find ridiculous that in Jeff’s own words good governance is all and at the afl club is running board planning to the financial year and not the calendar year.

AFL clubs management should run by calendar year as June is the season, which means any issues with bad management / media pr would come at the worst time.

Every time Jeff drones on about governance I can't help but think of this:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back