Status in Question Off-field injuries over the years with bullshit excuses. ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Vinnie B

Debutant
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Many players over the years have hurt themselves off the field and come up with seemingly dubious excuses. I'd love to know some of the real stories.

I only have some questions, no answers, apart from this old Brian Taylor story.

BT has told the story many times about him hitting a team-mate with his car in the car park at VFL Park when he was pissed and doing burnouts in the gravel after a game. I can't remember who the hurt player was, but I'm pretty sure his worst injury in the collision was his shoulder. They conspired to have him fall over as soon as he got to their next training session and obviously blame the fall for the injury. They got away with it.

So, did Jeremy Howe really hurt his finger playing frisbee or cricket?

Did Josh Gibson really hurt his head falling over in the shower?

Did Peter Spider Everett really hurt his leg stepping in a hole in the garden?

Etc, etc. There must be heaps more. Please help :D

Didn't Dermie break his dick shagging someone?

Is that even possible......the broken dick part, not the fact that Dermie was shagging someone.
It is possible- worked with a bloke who broke it rooting, it apparently needed somewhat expensive surgery to rectify, so he started saving up and then inexplicably spent it on a car he bought on eBay that couldn't go in reverse.

If you ask me with descisions like that he deserved his broken utensil.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed Anderson got pneumonia hunting turtles or snakes or something in a swamp in NT and missed a preseason and chunk of 2013.

And you can break your dick having sex. Its not nice.
Nothing sus about this one. He was a very sick boy and wasted away alarmingly.
Since his comeback at Box Hill he has struggled with having enough stamina to run out games and taken regular breaks on the bench during the second half of games.

Jed Anderson got pneumonia hunting turtles or snakes or something in a swamp in NT and missed a preseason and chunk of 2013.

And you can break your dick having sex. Its not nice.

Yeah Jed Ended up in a Coma because of it., Scary stuff, 4 years playing AFL at club level at the age of 16 and all it took was a couple of weeks to really wreck his body and lose a lot of weight he had put on, apparently has struggled with his endurance since.

Wellingham broke his ankle pre-season at his club which put him in Simpsons doghouse for years doing something stupid

This article by Richo names a few.

Admitted that he fell over and damaged his wrist on a night out in pre season but instead blamed it on a fall he had during training a few weeks later. He then had a s**t year and required surgery in it the following pre season. Also Jonathan Brown did a runner from hospital after getting pissed and falling off a 2 story balcony, knocking himself out and damaging his ribs...no excuses tho, he pushed through preseason training.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/th...d/news-story/6f2e9d4d7365e34540775931ddbf9114

Nothing sus about this one. He was a very sick boy and wasted away alarmingly.
Since his comeback at Box Hill he has struggled with having enough stamina to run out games and taken regular breaks on the bench during the second half of games.
That would have been great to know before we gave up a 1st round pick for him.

We had Tim Houlihan cut his foot badly from putting it through a glass door during Christmas. He missed a few weeks.

Cripps stung by a stingray

Kennedy missing a game because Cox threw a tennis ball at him

Wellingham broke his ankle pre-season at his club which put him in Simpsons doghouse for years doing something stupid
Did it on a trampoline apparently

It is possible- worked with a bloke who broke it rooting, it apparently needed somewhat expensive surgery to rectify, so he started saving up and then inexplicably spent it on a car he bought on eBay that couldn't go in reverse.

If you ask me with descisions like that he deserved his broken utensil.
I also worked with a bloke who broke his dick rooting. His missus was on top and flopped backwards, he didn't go into detail of the treatment needed. That's gotta hurt.

We had Tim Houlihan cut his foot badly from putting it through a glass door during Christmas. He missed a few weeks.

Cripps stung by a stingray

Kennedy missing a game because Cox threw a tennis ball at him

Did it on a trampoline apparently

Was off his head at a party and decided to go for a jump on a trampoline and did it then. WCE were not happy and he was on the outer for a while post his injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back