Status in Question Off-field injuries over the years with bullshit excuses. ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily a bullshit excuse story, but when Michael Voss crushed his finger hitching up a trailer.

Matthew Richardson wrote about this a couple of years ago, so it's not new, but he spoke about it on radio the other day.
He fell over and hurt his wrist when he was sprinting to catch a taxi after his sister's engagement party in 2003. Having a rough idea what he's like, I'm gunna guess he had a skin full. :D

He said the wrist bothered him all season and he was ordinary, but the stats suggest he had an ok year

563513bda180987cf39c2bc8525fec1f

Last edited:
How did Toby Greene really hurt his toe?

A caller on the radio said that Dangerfield hurt his back fishing a few weeks ago, and has been playing in some discomfort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Toby Greene really hurt his toe?

A friend of a friend (who was on the overseas trip with the GWS guys) said that he did it either jumping off a balcony or between balconies (can't recall which it was). Needless to say, he was cooked at the time.

A friend of a friend (who was on the overseas trip with the GWS guys) said that he did it either jumping off a balcony or between balconies (can't recall which it was). Needless to say, he was cooked at the time.
Jumping from Jennifer Keyte's balcony to Kate Cebrano's I heard.

It is possible- worked with a bloke who broke it rooting, it apparently needed somewhat expensive surgery to rectify, so he started saving up and then inexplicably spent it on a car he bought on eBay that couldn't go in reverse.

If you ask me with descisions like that he deserved his broken utensil.
When I need a laugh, I always come back to this post. Thank you for this

This semi fits in here but...

Last season a certain swans player, "injured at training" and was placed on the long term injury list.

Truth was the bloke is a little dopey, has been warned twice about playing AFL 9s with this missus friends. Went back out there played again, only problem horse was there and saw him. The club gave him an internal ban and covered it up with an injury.

Good story. Who was it?

This article by Richo names a few.

Admitted that he fell over and damaged his wrist on a night out in pre season but instead blamed it on a fall he had during training a few weeks later. He then had a s**t year and required surgery in it the following pre season. Also Jonathan Brown did a runner from hospital after getting pissed and falling off a 2 story balcony, knocking himself out and damaging his ribs...no excuses tho, he pushed through preseason training.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/th...d/news-story/6f2e9d4d7365e34540775931ddbf9114

Heh, always thought he taped it up to hide the silly "star" tattoo he has on that wrist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back