Injury Off Legs Report 2018 - Stretch that toe

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever had the proper Flu? It can be very incapacitating and last for weeks. If you mean a bad cold, sure. Anyone who has the flu should definitely be quarantined from the rest of the playing group because it could wipe us out for the finals. You would think all players get the flu vaccine, but late in the season, you get some nasty strains than the vaccine can't protect against. Hope he hasn't got meningococcal... even worse.

Apparently not, because mine has never lasted more than 4-5 days.

If he has been quarantined now unfortunately others still may have caught it, it is contagious before you get any obvious signs.

Wonder if he will go and infect Riewoldt on 360 tomorrow night :D

You also aren't being supplied the best vitamins and minerals from the countries top medical people.
Doesn’t matter. Proper influenza is a nasty thing that regularly kills people. It can and should be taken seriously. If it’s true (and no one has said anything yet) then I am glad they are taken seriously.

Doesn’t matter. Proper influenza is a nasty thing that regularly kills people. It can and should be taken seriously. If it’s true (and no one has said anything yet) then I am glad they are taken seriously.

Uh way to go all dramatic. We literally have no details of this. For all anyone knows he ate a bad souvy

Uh way to go all dramatic. We literally have no details of this. For all anyone knows he ate a bad souvy
People are over-reacting. Players are routinely quarantined when they get any virus at all, however mild. At the pointy end of the season I expect they exercise even more caution. Makes sense. They all share facilities and Gatorade squishy bottles etc so they can all end up picking up any old bug from just one sniffling campaigner. Plus Australians label any random thing as ‘flu’. I’m sure Lewis is fine. He’s probably faking it - I reckon he was halfway through season 2 of Marcella and decided to take the day off.

Yeah 'flu' seems to be interchangeable for 'virus' in Australia. People don't realise that the flu is a virus but not every virus is flu.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back