Off season movements 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

So turns out the other signings were for the women's team.

Not that I follow it at all but was surprised they delisted Fazackerley. Went alright in a couple of the big bash games I'd seen, maybe just caught her good games.
Might still have more annoucements next week.

Mackin Vic bound is an interesting one. Used to think he looked alright, but then seemingly fell off a cliff in about early 2018 and from all I've seen just hasn't been the same bowler since.

Would love to here more from someone on the ground out west on how he was fairing back when he was still there?

Cricket Australia and domestic cricket update after Mark Roberts' sacking:

- Sheffield Shield to retain current length and structure
- 2nd XI comp axed
- ODIs 7 rounds + final

With this uncertainty alleviated, hopefully states can look to finalise contract lists soon!

Anymore whispers or speculation around regarding movement?

No second XI will be a blow to everyone other than NSW in regards to developing players but particularly to TAS & SA whose local comps are miles off the standard.
Yet again we will see more players like Alex Keath leave now ******* great

No second XI will be a blow to everyone other than NSW in regards to developing players but particularly to TAS & SA whose local comps are miles off the standard.

Id like to see Under 25's versus an Over 25 games betwen none Australian Tests and One day players
Have a couple of First class games and 5 one dayers

Yet again we will see more players like Alex Keath leave now ******* great
Keath was a s**t cricketer at that level though

Keith said in am interview he thought a lack of consistent second tier cricket hurt him
I think the fact his backlift went to gully was what really hurt him, plus the fact he averaged mid 30's with the bat and only took 1 wicket a match for Melbourne was what hurt him the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broadly I have to agree Keath really didn't look like an exceptional talent. Batting wise he was decent on his day but looked inherently flawed of technique with that skewed backlift mentioned above and his bowling was little more than military medium

Made the right choice going back to footy imo

Not that I follow it at all but was surprised they delisted Fazackerley. Went alright in a couple of the big bash games I'd seen, maybe just caught her good games.
She has a ways to go, but reading today that Tasmania instead signed Rachel Priest (35yo from NZ with batting just as streaky as Fifteen-ball Faz but can't run between the wickets)... yikes, what a howler.

Tasmania Men's Squad

Tom Andrews, Gabe Bell, Jackson Bird, Alex Doolan, Jake Doran, Nathan Ellis, Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott, Riley Meredith, Lawrence Neil-Smith, Tim Paine*, Alex Pyecroft, Sam Rainbird, Tom Rogers, Peter Siddle, Jordan Silk, Matthew Wade*, Charlie Wakim, Beau Webster, Mac Wright.

Rookies: Iain Carlisle, Jarrod Freeman, Keegan Oates, Mitch Owen, Tim Ward, Jack White

Pretty tight main list of 20.

Tim Ward signed from NSW grade as the last rookie. Opened for a NSW XI against the English Lions and batted at #3 in his only match for the NSW 2nd XI. Scored 4 hundreds last season in grade for Parramatta apparently.

She has a ways to go, but reading today that Tasmania instead signed Rachel Priest (35yo from NZ with batting just as streaky as Fifteen-ball Faz but can't run between the wickets)... yikes, what a howler.
Meant to follow up on this sooner: Been confirmed that Fazackerley decided to step away from state cricket (may or may not play WBBL, is contracted though). But the Priest recruitment is still one heck of a head-scratcher because they also delisted a promising young keeper in Emma Manix-Geeves. Maybe she too has made herself unavailable, idk.

In any case, add this all up with news of their brightest rising star (C-Webb) signing with SA, not great signs for the development of women's cricket in Tassie. The Roar/Tigers have been in the WNCL for ~10 years now and only a third of their current players are actually from Tasmania, same ratio as North's main list in its second AFLW season.

Gurinder Sandhu has moved to Queensland and will play Premier Cricket for Souths. Handy depth player although will need to leapfrog a fair few blokes if he is represent his third State.

Gurinder Sandhu has moved to Queensland and will play Premier Cricket for Souths. Handy depth player although will need to leapfrog a fair few blokes if he is represent his third State.
Steketee, Neser, Doggett, Edwards?

Bit more from Brisbane - Simon Milenko re-joins Redlands Tigers. You'd assume he won't feature with Queensland unless they have a heap of injuries. Also heard Alister McDermott is likely to focus on his Premier Cricket coaching. Playing future up in the air but unlikely by the sounds of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back