Off season movements 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems that this will be a bumper winter in terms of player movement, I'll try to keep this updated for any confirmed movements and rumours around the traps respectively. List anything I may not have as well if you so choose.

Rumours:

1. Renshaw to SA. Pretty sure everyone has heard this at this point in time. Virtually guaranteed, especially with Bryce Street's fantastic year
2. D'Arcy Short to Tassie. Pops up every year but I'm baffled as to why he hasn't gone yet? Doolan is old and might retire which opens up an opening spot and he would be virtually guaranteed the #1 spinners spot as well.
3. Sam Harper possibly on the move? Not 100% on this one. I'm not sure who Victoria prefer as their keeper in all honesty. That being said, they always thought Gotch could make it as a bat.
4. Marcus Stoinis back to Vic. Basically went home for his now deceased dad, contract was up this year I believe, and prefers living in Melbourne (hence him sticking with the Stars when his contract was up for there). Not sure where he fits in to Victoria's FC side in all honesty.
5. Glenn Maxwell to the white ball circuit. Happens every year (and CV know it's a year to year thing) but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he chose this route.
6. Adam Zampa to Vic. Strange move for him if he wants FC games. Would have been better off going back to NSW as O'Keefe is old and when Lyon is on test duties they have no clear player ready to step up, given Fallins hasn't really done heaps
7. Ferguson and Cooper to retire from red ball? Ferg is virtually confirmed whilst Cooper may want to retire on a good season.

Confirmed:

6. Adam Zampa to Vic. Strange move for him if he wants FC games. Would have been better off going back to NSW as O'Keefe is old and when Lyon is on test duties they have no clear player ready to step up, given Fallins hasn't really done heaps
This one is a big chance imho, was listening to a podcast where Zampa said that Victoria was his favourite place to play in and that he loves playing for the stars and that he loves Melbourne's city and in particular the coffee. Watch this space I reckon

This one is a big chance imho, was listening to a podcast where Zampa said that Victoria was his favourite place to play in and that he loves playing for the stars and that he loves Melbourne's city and in particular the coffee. Watch this space I reckon
I mean if both he and Stoinis come without much bleeding it makes for an insanely good List A side but it's not a great career move over somewhere like NSW

I'm sure Tassie would like a senior batsman with Bailey retiring. Probably a hard sell to come bat at Bellerive though.
Get both Short's :p

Can't imagine Hemphrey will still be at Qld next year seeing as he was overlooked for the likes of Mcsweeney, Bryant and Pfeffer late in the season despite still scoring grade runs. Guessing he might just move back to the UK. Street bumped up to a full contract to open up a rookie spot for Jack Clayton who scored a million first grade runs this season seems likely imo

Last edited:
Better ******* not especially with Patto often injured, Tremain looking to go elsewhere
Still have Sutherland, Boland, Fekete (although a back up only), as well as kids like Evans, Elliott and Crone coming through.

Still have Sutherland, Boland, Fekete (although a back up only), as well as kids like Evans, Elliott and Crone coming through.
Siddle out preformed the lot plus offers leadership and good bat skills

Siddle out preformed the lot plus offers leadership and good bat skills
Oh don't get me wrong I'd love it if he stayed but:

1. He probably only has one more season left in him
2. If he did leave I'm reasonably sure we could afford to keep Tremain next season (the main reason Trem would go is $$$, and that's only if we get one or both Stoinis and Zampa on CV contracts instead of CA contracts).
3. This Evans kid will be a jet (if he stays on the park).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems that this will be a bumper winter in terms of player movement, I'll try to keep this updated for any confirmed movements and rumours around the traps respectively. List anything I may not have as well if you so choose.

Rumours:

1. Renshaw to SA. Pretty sure everyone has heard this at this point in time. Virtually guaranteed, especially with Bryce Street's fantastic year
2. D'Arcy Short to Tassie. Pops up every year but I'm baffled as to why he hasn't gone yet? Doolan is old and might retire which opens up an opening spot and he would be virtually guaranteed the #1 spinners spot as well.
3. Sam Harper possibly on the move? Not 100% on this one. I'm not sure who Victoria prefer as their keeper in all honesty. That being said, they always thought Gotch could make it as a bat.
4. Marcus Stoinis back to Vic. Basically went home for his now deceased dad, contract was up this year I believe, and prefers living in Melbourne (hence him sticking with the Stars when his contract was up for there). Not sure where he fits in to Victoria's FC side in all honesty.
5. Glenn Maxwell to the white ball circuit. Happens every year (and CV know it's a year to year thing) but I wouldn't be shocked at all if he chose this route.
7. Ferguson and Cooper to retire from red ball? Ferg is virtually confirmed whilst Cooper may want to retire on a good season.

Confirmed:

2 and 6 would be lifestyle moreso than cricket decisions. I think Short would prefer to live in Perth and be on the fringes of the shield side whilst still being a star in short form domestic cricket and only having to live in Hobart for 6 weeks of the year.

Zampa would just want to live in Melbourne. Don't think he cares about playing red ball cricket whilst he is playing white ball cricket for Australia.

Ferguson also just announced he wants to go around with South Australia again to win a Shield title (good luck with that).

2 and 6 would be lifestyle moreso than cricket decisions. I think Short would prefer to live in Perth and be on the fringes of the shield side whilst still being a star in short form domestic cricket and only having to live in Hobart for 6 weeks of the year.

Zampa would just want to live in Melbourne. Don't think he cares about playing red ball cricket whilst he is playing white ball cricket for Australia.

Ferguson also just announced he wants to go around with South Australia again to win a Shield title (good luck with that).
That's kinda stupid.

What is his big bash contract status? If he came as a Hurricanes/Tassie package it might be worth it.

Don't see a lot of point in it from a shield only perspective. Better off pumping games into Meredith, Ellis, Bell and obviously have Bird as well unless he is looking at going back to NSW.

Might be a ploy by Siddle/management to get Victoria to come to the party during negotiations. Was Siddle a CA contracted player for season 19/20? If so, he’ll have to be on a state based contract going forward.

Very weird, I would've thought maybe Queensland would make the most sense. WA have obviously given up hope of their guns ever being fit, Tassie makes a little more sense.

I don't think it is worth picking Siddle up in the shield only because Tassie's batting is so weak they are no chance of winning it so better off developing some players.

Big bash though he would be handy. If they could get a half decent domestic bat, maybe someone like Silk who had a poor year last year but has done ok in the past, plus Siddle, plus nail an overseas bat and overseas spinner and you have a team capable of winning.

I'd take Siddle (WA) if he was a massive influence culturally but I get the feeling he's a bit more divisive now since the Test era.
Otherwise would rather get games into youngsters.
Maybe he could play as a bat ahead of 6 of our under delivering batsmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back