NRL Pre-season games

Remove this Banner Ad

In all honesty, I've just become more and more consumed with local footy and where my son ends up playing that Rugby league has become a distant 2nd in my life and that probably doesn't help the forum. Well, that, and a woeful Warriors and the (almost) complete lack of faith I have in the club's management.

Numbers have dropped off and I do feel partly to blame, but I try hard and it really is hard when the game seems to shoot itself in the foot.

That said, there's still lots of Rugby league discussion around the forum, not all of it nice, but AFL fans are talking about the game, so it kind of makes me feel a bit better. The footy jumpers and graphics thread goes off which is great, but I'm not sure why the posters don't post here.

I do find it odd that, the Gridiron forum explodes yet the RL forum doesn't. No offense, but IMO it's (RL) a far better game.

Do we need an other sports thread? They seem very popular on other boards.

To sum it up for me, while I was sitting in Christchurh Airport Sunday night I had the opportunity to get some snaps with the Warriors and Storm players, I ended up with one with Nelson and one with Craig Bellamy. Probably just a continuation of that losing my religion feeling.

In all honesty, I've just become more and more consumed with local footy and where my son ends up playing that Rugby league has become a distant 2nd in my life and that probably doesn't help the forum. Well, that, and a woeful Warriors and the (almost) complete lack of faith I have in the club's management.

Numbers have dropped off and I do feel partly to blame, but I try hard and it really is hard when the game seems to shoot itself in the foot.

That said, there's still lots of Rugby league discussion around the forum, not all of it nice, but AFL fans are talking about the game, so it kind of makes me feel a bit better. The footy jumpers and graphics thread goes off which is great, but I'm not sure why the posters don't post here.

I do find it odd that, the Gridiron forum explodes yet the RL forum doesn't. No offense, but IMO it's (RL) a far better game.

To sum it up for me, while I was sitting in Christchurh Airport Sunday night I had the opportunity to get some snaps with the Warriors and Storm players, I ended up with one with Nelson and one with Craig Bellamy. Probably just a continuation of that losing my religion feeling.
Firstly, gridiron is a much more dramatic sport, more engaging with tactics and action. But not to rubbish RL, because theres no more thrilling sports action than a chain passing RL try.

As for why the NFL board exploded....not to toot my horn, but I put a damn lot of hours into that board, constantly posting debates, discussions, daily/nightly news, creating compa for people to engage in, and the board grew. It had its moments when people would leave and trying to attract new regulars. This was all before I left as mod a few years ago. But i spent like 15 years pumping it with content

Another thing that helped is its an overseas sport, exotic, people can get behind it, whereas rheres a national rivalry here between AR and RL that makes AR people want to not like RL.

Thanks for all the feedback. Hope there's more chatter this season, even if it's just a few of us.

Also, Schuster is injured already :/

I saw Nelson & Suliasi Vunivalu a few years ago. Both are freaking massive human beings, I knew Nelson was big but surprised at Suli's size. Nelson is a freaking giant but seems like a nice dude.

Certainly don't blame you at all mate - think GG is right in that the NRL plays at the same time as the AFL and that conflict will always lose out on this site. I thought maybe with Kayo we might see a few more (from memory Vic doesn't get a lot of the games on FTA) but alas it hasn't really happened.

I absolutely know how you feel about supporting a woeful team that shows no signs of improvement. Struggling to get excited about Newcastle at all this season. The Dom Young thing hasn't helped. I can just see us being 15th still in 10 years time and that's so depressing.

Not a bad shout with the other sports thread. I remember I used to do some Thursday night football write ups, maybe I should look at doing some of those again. We certainly get quite a few come here during origin time, be great if we could get them to stay through the season.

Also hoping there's more activity in the NRL thread this year. I'll try to be more active, I quite enjoy the discussion on BF (apart from the nutters on MB lol). Hoping a few lurkers (like me) get more active too :)

Have you guys found any other forums with decent NRL discussion? I've tried reddit but I hate the layout, FB is a no go and the dragons forum I occasionally post on is also a bit crazy (can't blame em tho)
There's a few Storm nuff nuffs around too, thankfully they only tend to post when they are playing

Btw, what happened with a whole lot of regulars in the NFL forum GG.exe ? It's still busy but there used to be a whole lot more names in there.
I say I'm a Miami Dolphins fan, but really a once a year NFL watcher. Wow, that Superbowl thread really turned into a cesspool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back