Roast Off-season sackings

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait..

We didn’t even offer Teague a
Contact?!
Perfectly good reason

Teague moved back home to Melb due to his own personal tragic circumstances in losing a child, wantedto be closer to family

Offering Teague a contract would not have changed Teague's personal situation

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Otten (Retired)
McKay (Ret)
Atkins (Trade)
Hartigan (Trade, or cut)
Douglas (Ret, sent to SANFL team)
Jacobs (Trade, compo pick)
Jenkins (Trade)
Greenwood (Trade)
Keath (Trade)

Wilson (Cut)
Hunter (Cut)

Hass (sacked)
Burton (sacked)
Hart (sacked)
Godden (sacked)
Campo (sacked)
1 down, quite a few to go.

Based on nothing but gut feel. I think in the off season and subsequent reviews we will see a restructure of the football department.

Burton will be moved sideways into another role and a new Head of Football with a different title brought in that will deal directly with the AFL mens team.

I could see Burton picking up a role overseeing AFLW or perhaps planning for a new facility. Something that keeps him at the club but away from the AFL mens team and less public.

Based on nothing but gut feel. I think in the off season and subsequent reviews we will see a restructure of the football department.

Burton will be moved sideways into another role and a new Head of Football with a different title brought in that will deal directly with the AFL mens team.

I could see Burton picking up a role overseeing AFLW or perhaps planning for a new facility. Something that keeps him at the club but away from the AFL mens team and less public.
I hope he gets fired but if theres absolutely no way its happening due to contract or whatever then he needs to go hide in a closet and have nothing to do with the football department. Mens or Womens.

If Burton is still employed by this Club next year, then they can get ****ed - I'll aim to stop caring.

Richmond review took 12 weeks to complete. Starting it at the end of the year takes us past the draft and trade periods and into when the setup has been finalized for 2020.
Surprise surprise. The can't change anything for 2020 and by then obviously the superior Crows footy ideologies will shine through and everyone will forget about pesky reviews.

If the review comes back and we try to sack campo Burton Chapman etc.

Don't they have contracts is this going to blow our softcap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond review took 12 weeks to complete. Starting it at the end of the year takes us past the draft and trade periods and into when the setup has been finalized for 2020.
I don't think we need 12w to work out who needs to go

Should we take it that Ben Hart will be at the club next year seeing as the deadline for assistant coaches to be hired/sacked has passed and he is still being trotted our to do media interviews. Would have thought if we had told him to look elsewhere we would t use him for that role.
He said a couple of weeks ago that it was looking like he would be re-signed

Exactly!

Talk that Chapman was intending to handover the Chair is complete BS because why would he just give himself a new 3 year deal.

Surely people are not buying this crap.

Chapman needs to go at the end of the season as he is typical of the lack of honesty resonating with AFC.

I'm not sure what you want me to say. Like I said, I thought it was common knowledge.
If I thought it was a rumour, I would of posted it in the rumour thread.

If the review comes back and we try to sack campo Burton Chapman etc.

Don't they have contracts is this going to blow our softcap?
Not Chapman, he's not on a salary. Board members do it for the social status and CV.

I think west coast are the only club that have hired a professional board. Something that we could certainly consider given the incestuous nature of Adelaide's management class.

Not Chapman, he's not on a salary. Board members do it for the social status and CV.

I think west coast are the only club that have hired a professional board. Something that we could certainly consider given the incestuous nature of Adelaide's management class.
Is that outside of the cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back