Analysis Off season - what are the lads getting up to

Remove this Banner Ad

No LMac smashing pingers?

I am disappoint.

A few comments:

1. Awesome, spreading the North love and I have that top. Love it.
2. Love is beautiful. Touches my heart.
3. I'd prefer if Jacobs was wearing a shirt and a legionnaires hat. The sun looks like it has some bite to it.
4. I'd prefer if LMac supported the dachshunds posterior better. They are notorious for having back issues and he is increasing the risk by holding the dog in such a way.
5. *. I love MJ Bale. Now that Gibson wears it I'll have to burn them all and still to Charles Tyrwhitt.
6. I'd prefer it if Garner and Tarrant didn't hang out with opposition players.
7. In Utah, good.
8. Garner and Tarrant should leave. Hibberd and Mountie can come with them if they are being rookied.
9. Spinach. Good. Full of iron. Iron is good for your immune system and hopefully that in turn keeps him fit.
10. We have the nerdiest captain ever. We also have the same jacket so I approve.
11. Brown has the right idea. Retreat. 'exclusive possession' is the sort of board game I'd expect him to play...
12. Wags...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people hate on Gibson because they are envious or something? I don't get it.

People hate him because 1) North took a punt on him and drafted him in the rookie draft, developed him, once he started to show signs he was capable he left the club.

2) He wouldn’t give anyone the time of day unless there was something in it for him.

People hate him because 1) North took a punt on him and drafted him in the rookie draft, developed him, once he started to show signs he was capable he left the club.

2) He wouldn’t give anyone the time of day unless there was something in it for him.

Apart from that though hes a top bloke.

3) He is good mates with Jordan Lewis - the biggest w***er to ever play the game.

This.

I met him at a couple of sponsors functions and it was clear that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with supporters. However, when I went to his cafe once he treated me like a long lost friend.

Good luck to him for all his footy success, he worked hard for it and deserves it. I always thought he was the victim of poor coaching at North and he did the right thing going to Hawthorn (clearly).

Do people hate on Gibson because they are envious or something? I don't get it.

People hate him because
1) North took a punt on him and drafted him in the rookie draft, developed him, once he started to show signs he was capable he left the club.

More THIS for me. It can't be stressed how out of practically nowhere we drafted him. He was playing as an undersized full-back at Port, where basically no-one else showed any interest in him. Squibbo leaving us would have been similar to if Spud Firrito left us 3-4 years after we drafted him from Box Hill because we started playing him in a different position.

Good luck to him for all his footy success, he worked hard for it and deserves it. I always thought he was the victim of poor coaching at North and he did the right thing going to Hawthorn (clearly).

Actually, his main "reason" for leaving was that he was being played out of position as a part-time midfielder. This was a BS reason, because it was towards the end of a poor 2009 season when we finished 13th and were experimenting with the flexibility of our list (ie: semi-tanking)... More importantly, it was not only Squibbo's last season at North, but it was also Laidley's last season as coach. Squibbo full well knew that he was going to be played as a defender the following year, but ran with it because he liked the firmness of Buddy's butt (coincidentally, isn't he based out of Sydney now!?).

I believe there are also a few stories of how he wouldn't listen to anything being put to him by the club at the end of the 2009 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back