Media Off-season Wrap-Up: Winners & Losers

Which team do you believe recruited best during the off-season?

• Baghdad Bombers

• Coney Island Warriors

• Dragons FFC

• East Side Hawks

• Fighting Furies

• Gold City Royals

• Gumbies FFC

• Las Vegas Bears

• Mount Buller Demons

• Ophidian Old Boys

• Roys FFC

• Sin City Swamprats

• West Coast Wonders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He is very good at ready squad lists though, but in saying that - I had a 5 y/o find those errors at the submission deadline.

Have you hired a 5yo to be Club Secretary?

IN's:

@The Cryptkeeper (from Old Boys)
See- this is exactly HOW the OOBs continue to help the wider SFA community with their list management
The Cryptkeeper was encouraged to join another club in need, rather then simply being de-listed

Another reason why OOBs be graded at A++

See- this is exactly HOW the OOBs continue to help the wider SFA community with their list management
The Cryptkeeper was encouraged to join another club in need, rather then simply being de-listed

Another reason why OOBs be graded at A++
Old Boys really want those plusses...
If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

Sin City Swamprats
sincity.png
Next up is Sin City Swamprats. Captain jackster83 and his LG have been seeking something new that would quell the talk of their team being 'bland and stale' (not my words). Let's see how they did...
IN's:

damicky (from Wonders)

My Cotchin Rules (Rookie)

OUT's:

KinderSmock (Retired)

Kennedy Parker (Retired)

Harvey Manfrenjensenden (to Old Boys)

Gaining the services of ex-Wonders captain damicky is a massive positive for the Swamprats. Sin City has already received some reward for this move, as damicky has gone and recruited a rookie for them in My Cotchin Rules . Basically a 2-for-1 deal before the season has even started.

Losing the late admin Kennedy Parker to retirement will hurt in the short term. KP was a great extra hand to have around the club and league during the past 3 seasons and will be missed. KinderSmock has also decided to retire from the league, putting another dent in the Swamprats depth.

Harvey Manfrenjensenden has completed his short stay at the club and returns to the Old Boys.

Overall, the team has lost some sizeable posters, but has also gained an ex-captain that has already reaped benefits for Sin City.

Final Grade: B

View attachment 1893988
Now onto Fighting Furies. Frederico_WA proudly stated they were cooking something up this off-season, so let's see what they did...
IN's:

The Cryptkeeper (from Old Boys)

OUT's:

Bovo (to Bombers)

One in and one out makes this off-season very uneventful for the Furies. No rookies to speak of and nothing really of note, other than Bovo returning to the Bombers after his short time at the Furies.

Not much more to say about the Furies player movements this off-season.

Final Grade: C
I demand a D+ at a minimum!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gumbies FFC New
gumbies.png
And finally Gumbies FFC. The reigning premiers won it all last season and can comfortably sit back and relax on their silverware. Let's see how they did during the off-season...
IN's:

DinoSoar (Rookie)

OUT's:

Nil

Only one change during the off-season and that is getting the signature of the young rookie DinoSoar .

Retention is just as important as recruitment (probably even more so) and Gumbies are another club that have done a great job of keeping their entire list from last season.

Final Grade: B

might be time S37 to brush the dust off the thickest prick and see if anyone can take your crown
It's been 5hrs and nobody has made a dirty joke about this .... what is the SFA coming to?

Back