Media Off-season Wrap-Up: Winners & Losers

Which team do you believe recruited best during the off-season?

• Baghdad Bombers

• Coney Island Warriors

• Dragons FFC

• East Side Hawks

• Fighting Furies

• Gold City Royals

• Gumbies FFC

• Las Vegas Bears

• Mount Buller Demons

• Ophidian Old Boys

• Roys FFC

• Sin City Swamprats

• West Coast Wonders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1893484
Now we have Las Vegas Bears who are looking to go one better this season after falling just short of the premiership in season 36. Let's see who they got to try and complete their already well established team...
IN's:

Chipmunk (Returning)

OUT's:

Nil

A massive get in acquiring the services of Chipmunk after he retired over a year ago. Adding him to the LG instantly as well is a no brainer for someone of his renown. This is honestly great news for not just the Bears, but for the league as a whole. Glad to have you back Chip.

No outs this season as the whole team looks to be getting along and are set for another big play at the premiership. Retention is the gateway to success.

Just getting Chipmunk back into the league means I have to give them an A+. tony and the Bears LG have done the impossible.

Final Grade: A+

Some found it impossible to catch the Squirrel

View attachment 1893435

Next up is Baghdad Bombers. Their list has been stable for a long time now, having been one of the best clubs at keeping their talent for the long haul. Let's see how they did this time...
IN's:

CursingFijian (from Coney Island)

Bovo (from Furies)

MayTheNorthBeWithU (from Wonders)

tomjoad (Rookie)

OUT's:

ScrappyDo (Delisted)

dudeintheswamp (Delisted)

Pistol Night (Delisted)

Here2tellyouwhy (Delisted)

CursingFijian and Bovo are both returning to their original club after having short stays at the Warriors and Furies respectively. Both are competent posters and will help round out the current Bomber list.

Nabbing EKA winner MayTheNorthBeWithU from the Wonders could end up being a massive steal. Coming into their 3rd season, Letters had a relatively quiet 2nd season, but the new location could be exactly what is needed to get him back to his best.

A solitary rookie is the bare minimum that a club needs to keep the team list turning over. We'll see if tomjoad ends up being a hidden gem or not this season.

Four delistings of dead-weight to help make way for the Bombers new signings.

Overall a very solid off-season for the Bombers. A lot of positive in's with barely anything lost. Captain Pugsley and his LG would be very happy with how this off-season has turned out.

Final Grade: A-

We were. You can't be too disappointed

Thanks for the kind review DenieD .

Don’t expect huge posting numbers as I’d like to get more sleep this time! But hopefully I can add something to the threads, support the LG, and help the Bears go that one step further.

East Side Hawks
hawksS37.png
Next up is the newly re-branded East Side Hawks. Having finally shrugged off the Phoenix name, captains Callums_Guns and por_please_ya have sat down and got to work at fully rebuilding the Hawks brand. Let's see how they went...
IN's:

Biggie (Returning)

larrikin (Returning)

boncer34 (Returning)

Loonerty (Returning)

vanders (Returning)

reggie (Returning)

A Bit Dusty (Returning)

Strigoi (from Dragons)

Tarkyn_24 (from Demons)

Giant Strides (Rookie)

OUT's:

thewizardmelon (to Old Boys)

DemurePrincess (to Old Boys)

Jhye Clark 13 (to Royals)

Wise Guy Sam (Retired)

Catsnlakers (Retired)

SunsphereParker (delisted)

madman18 (delisted)

Billy87 (delisted)

sey666 (delisted)

7 huge returning posters (including Hawks alumni Biggie larrikin boncer34 and Loonerty ) will bring a massive boost to the teams match thread posting and morale in general. A very impressive effort to get all these qooty players back into the club in one off-season.

Strigoi has been a Dragon for her entire career up until now, so getting her over to East Side is huge. She will definitely be a big contributor on and off the field this season.

Tarkyn_24 has been a Demon for eons now, but has finally decided to change teams and become a Hawk again. He will pass the 200 game mark for the club this season (unless if he somehow gets suspended) and will give East Side another dimension in match threads. A massive get for the Hawks.

A single rookie is the bare minimum, but with all the massive ins the Hawks already have you can't really blame them for not focusing on rookie recruitment this off-season.

Losing thewizardmelon is huge and it will be felt during the season for sure. A captain leaving will always hurt in the short term, but Hawks have recruited well and shouldn't feel the effects too badly.

The rookie sensation DemurePrincess has up and left as well, joining thewizardmelon at the Old Boys.

Jhye Clark 13 the fresh 2nd seasoner the chronic name changer is also leaving. Seeking a new home and joining the Royals.

Two retirements to the bye captain Wise Guy Sam and Catsnlakers. Also 4 delistings who had to move off the list to make way for all the new arrivals at the club.

Overall this has been a massive off-season of change for the Hawks and they have put their right foot forward and recruited supremely well to lessen the impact of those who have left. Easily one of the biggest list changes in recent memory that hasn't been an expansion team.

Final Grade: B+

View attachment 1893484
Now we have Las Vegas Bears who are looking to go one better this season after falling just short of the premiership in season 36. Let's see who they got to try and complete their already well established team...
IN's:

Chipmunk (Returning)

OUT's:

Nil

A massive get in acquiring the services of Chipmunk after he retired over a year ago. Adding him to the LG instantly as well is a no brainer for someone of his renown. This is honestly great news for not just the Bears, but for the league as a whole. Glad to have you back Chip.

No outs this season as the whole team looks to be getting along and are set for another big play at the premiership. Retention is the gateway to success.

Just getting Chipmunk back into the league means I have to give them an A+. tony and the Bears LG have done the impossible.

Final Grade: A+
you post in the Bombers review "A solitary rookie is the bare minimum that a club needs to keep the team list turning over" and give a team who recruits no rookies an A+

joke-youre-a-joke.gif

you post in the Bombers review "A solitary rookie is the bare minimum that a club needs to keep the team list turning over" and give a team who recruits no rookies an A+

joke-youre-a-joke.gif
You bringing back fact or crap this season? Reckon AnUltimateRessie would be first guest on your list

joke-youre-a-joke.gif
Chipmunk is the exception that proves the rule.

Also about the grades...
Making It Up As I Go GIF by Kylie Morgan

joke-youre-a-joke.gif

Turbo, it’s obvious DenieD has seen the writing on the WonderWall and was a going for the Bears to trade for him.

I’ve now exposed his plan, but congrats on moving to Las Vegas in S39, DenieD!

Turbo, it’s obvious DenieD has seen the writing on the WonderWall and was a going for the Bears to trade for him.

Why not S38?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, contracted until S40 at least to the Wonders

View attachment 1893562
Next up is the newly re-branded East Side Hawks. Having finally shrugged off the Phoenix name, captains Callums_Guns and por_please_ya have sat down and got to work at fully rebuilding the Hawks brand. Let's see how they went...
IN's:

Biggie (Returning)

larrikin (Returning)

boncer34 (Returning)

Loonerty (Returning)

vanders (Returning)

reggie (Returning)

A Bit Dusty (Returning)

Strigoi (from Dragons)

Tarkyn_24 (from Demons)

Giant Strides (Rookie)

OUT's:

thewizardmelon (to Old Boys)

DemurePrincess (to Old Boys)

Jhye Clark 13 (to Royals)

Wise Guy Sam (Retired)

Catsnlakers (Retired)

SunsphereParker (delisted)

madman18 (delisted)

Billy87 (delisted)

sey666 (delisted)

7 huge returning posters (including Hawks alumni Biggie larrikin boncer34 and Loonerty ) will bring a massive boost to the teams match thread posting and morale in general. A very impressive effort to get all these qooty players back into the club in one off-season.

Strigoi has been a Dragon for her entire career up until now, so getting her over to East Side is huge. She will definitely be a big contributor on and off the field this season.

Tarkyn_24 has been a Demon for eons now, but has finally decided to change teams and become a Hawk again. He will pass the 200 game mark for the club this season (unless if he somehow gets suspended) and will give East Side another dimension in match threads. A massive get for the Hawks.

A single rookie is the bare minimum, but with all the massive ins the Hawks already have you can't really blame them for not focusing on rookie recruitment this off-season.

Losing thewizardmelon is huge and it will be felt during the season for sure. A captain leaving will always hurt in the short term, but Hawks have recruited well and shouldn't feel the effects too badly.

The rookie sensation DemurePrincess has up and left as well, joining thewizardmelon at the Old Boys.

Jhye Clark 13 the fresh 2nd seasoner the chronic name changer is also leaving. Seeking a new home and joining the Royals.

Two retirements to the bye captain Wise Guy Sam and Catsnlakers. Also 4 delistings who had to move off the list to make way for all the new arrivals at the club.

Overall this has been a massive off-season of change for the Hawks and they have put their right foot forward and recruited supremely well to lessen the impact of those who have left. Easily one of the biggest list changes in recent memory that hasn't been an expansion team.

Final Grade: B+
This is comfortably, comfortably an A+.

This is comfortably, comfortably an A+.
Losing a captain and their best rookie from last season make it very difficult to award them an A grade.

Out's play a larger factor in the overall grade than the In's do. But the Hawks are borderline B+/A- territory, so I could bump them up to A-.

My contract with the Wonders stipulates that I cannot discuss any trades/movements to other teams while I am at West Coast.

The fine print however says that I have freedom of speech, and I say that if Broken were to return I would almost certainly drop everything and join them.

Sorry, contracted until S40 at least to the Wonders
Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

I've been signing single season deals with the Wonders. I must've missed something in the new contract...

Losing a captain and their best rookie from last season make it very difficult to award them an A grade.

Out's play a larger factor in the overall grade than the In's do. But the Hawks are borderline B+/A- territory, so I could bump them up to A-.
I'm afraid I can only accept an A+, friend. Callums_Guns and por_please_ya have done a stellar job.

I'm afraid I can only accept an A+, friend. Callums_Guns and por_please_ya have done a stellar job.
I don't disagree with you. Under the circumstances they have done a great job.

But the final grade is based on all player movements for the off-season. If the grade was based (only) on how well a team recruited (their in's) then a number of teams (Hawks, Old Boys, maybe more) would've got A+ scores.

Back