Media Off-season Wrap-Up: Winners & Losers

Which team do you believe recruited best during the off-season?

• Baghdad Bombers

• Coney Island Warriors

• Dragons FFC

• East Side Hawks

• Fighting Furies

• Gold City Royals

• Gumbies FFC

• Las Vegas Bears

• Mount Buller Demons

• Ophidian Old Boys

• Roys FFC

• Sin City Swamprats

• West Coast Wonders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to the Swamprats Rating

Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Just letting DenieD know that I've locked myself in for at least 5 posts a game this season. Assume that brings the Furies up from a D to a C.
Might actually hurt your rating, just sayin’

Dragons FFC
dragons.png
Next up is Dragons FFC who have just successfully transitioned over the sole captaincy to Greenery . We'll see how he handles it in the coming season. Anyway, onto their off-season performance...
IN's:

Bonz (from Old Boys)

pK75 (Rookie)

freo84 (Rookie)

OUT's:

Strigoi (to Hawks)

King Tenz (to Old Boys)

Ashman OG (Delisted)

Matt_352 (Delisted)

Stoods (Delisted)

Getting Bonz back is huge. Will provide a lot on and off the field for the Dragons this season.

2 rookies is a good amount. Enough to get conversations going between 1st season players, which I feel is important early on in the league.

Losing Strigoi is a big loss. Having been a staple in the team for years, the large ruckman shaped hole left in the wake will need to be filled somehow.

Another club that has lost their star rookie of the previous season to the Old Boys. King Tenz leaving will hopefully mean the Dragons look at their rookie recruitment process to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

And to round it all out, 3 delistings to help make way for the new recruits.

Overall a decent off-season with some big outs and one big in. The rookies will help cover some of the losses, but Dragons will be hoping one of them can match the output of King Tenz.

Final Grade: C+

Mount Buller Demons
demons.png
Now onto Mount Buller Demons. The newly minted SFA Hall of Famer manangatang has built a very strong and respectable squad for many seasons. Let's see how they did this off-season...
IN's:

Truetiger (from Wonders)

OUT's:

Tarkyn_24 (to Hawks)

A relatively quiet off-season from the Demons, with just one in and one out. The loss of TARKS! will be felt this season. He has been a mainstay in the Demons squad for a very very long time and will sorely be missed by the rest of the team.

I don't know much about Truetiger, but apparently I played with him all of last season. Much is a mystery about the tiger that cannot tell a lie, but I'm sure we'll learn more this season.

Overall the Demons have still held together the majority of their squad apart from the one big out.

Final Grade: C-

View attachment 1893896
Anyway, up next is the Wonders. They are going through a semi-rebuild with changes at the very top of their list. Let's see how they went...
IN's:

Pamcake1 (Rookie)

BFew (Rookie)

BigChippa52 (Rookie)

Oisin_the_Goat (Rookie)

OUT's:

TigerImposter (Retired)

Lsta062 (Retired)

Carson Dial (Retired)

MayTheNorthBeWithU (to Bombers)

damicky (to Swamprats)

Truetiger (to Demons)

Four rookies is a massive haul, and a recruitment drive like that has got to be congratulated. Keeping a list young and turning over is arguably the best thing you can do for your club. AnUltimateRessie and his LG have worked wonders (pun intended) this off-season.

Losing 3 depth players to retirement has shortened their list, but hopefully the new crop of rookies can help lessen the impact of their departure.

MayTheNorthBeWithU has left to join the Bombers. EKA medallists don't come around too often, so losing him will be a hard pill to swallow.

Yet another co-captain has left the Wonders. This time it is none other than damicky himself. That is 3 co-captain in the past 3 off-seasons that have left. Not a great look if you ask me. Joining the swamprats, damicky (who won the posting award at the wonders for 3 seasons running, and win a Mobbs back in S33 for the Wonders) will be sorely missed on and off the field.

And Truetigers has gone and joined the Demons (at least that's what the outs say :eyes:)

Overall it is difficult to call this a good off-season with a captain and their latest EKA medallist leaving the club, but a bunch of new recruits and some change in leadership does give a glimmer of hope for the future.

Final Grade: C+[pending captain approval]
Couldn't you look at the squad yesterday? Theres five rookies mate, bump that grade up one or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure the Wonders are the one's in the spot light today. maybe loop back around to this in a couple of days, mate?

Just saying, AUR, I love you being on the offensive and striking back immediately, warranted or not. Bodes well for the wonders and the SFA

not sure the Wonders are the one's in the spot light today. maybe loop back around to this in a couple of days, mate?

Is there a spotlight?

If so, is it on me AGAIN??

Coney Island Warriors
warriors.png
Next up is the Coney Island Warriors who look to be in a holding pattern, with themselves being content with their current list and not needing to do too much to change that. Let's see how they did...
IN's:

Paracleet (Rookie)

Stokey (Returning)

OUT's:

CursingFijian (to Bombers)

The Half Back (Retired)

One rookie and one returning poster is what's necessary to keep the squad list turning over season on season. We'll see if Paracleet can be as dynamic this season as Ocha905 was last season for the Warriors.

CursingFijian has returned back to the Bombers after a short stay at Coney Island, and The Half Back has retired.

Overall a relatively quiet off-season as the Warriors keep turning the gears on the team list machine.

Final Grade: B-

View attachment 1893912
Next up is Dragons FFC who have just successfully transitioned over the sole captaincy to Greenery . We'll see how he handles it in the coming season. Anyway, onto their off-season performance...
IN's:

Bonz (from Old Boys)

pK75 (Rookie)

freo84 (Rookie)

OUT's:

Strigoi (to Hawks)

King Tenz (to Old Boys)

Ashman OG (Delisted)

Matt_352 (Delisted)

Stoods (Delisted)

Getting Bonz back is huge. Will provide a lot on and off the field for the Dragons this season.

2 rookies is a good amount. Enough to get conversations going between 1st season players, which I feel is important early on in the league.

Losing Strigoi is a big loss. Having been a staple in the team for years, the large ruckman shaped hole left in the wake will need to be filled somehow.

Another club that has lost their star rookie of the previous season to the Old Boys. King Tenz leaving will hopefully mean the Dragons look at their rookie recruitment process to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

And to round it all out, 3 delistings to help make way for the new recruits.

Overall a decent off-season with some big outs and one big in. The rookies will help cover some of the losses, but Dragons will be hoping one of them can match the output of King Tenz.

Final Grade: C+

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Bonz is a good returning recruit.

Fighting Furies
furies33.png
Now onto Fighting Furies. Frederico_WA proudly stated they were cooking something up this off-season, so let's see what they did...
IN's:

The Cryptkeeper (from Old Boys)

OUT's:

Bovo (to Bombers)

One in and one out makes this off-season very uneventful for the Furies. No rookies to speak of and nothing really of note, other than Bovo returning to the Bombers after his short time at the Furies.

Not much more to say about the Furies player movements this off-season.

Final Grade: C

FYI - No one has ever beaten the Thickest Prick of them all - serial_thrilla
He is very good at reading squad lists though, but in saying that - I had a 5 y/o find those errors at the submission deadline.

Last edited:
Back